[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I want to play Twilight Princess, do I pirate the Wii or Gamecube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
If I want to play Twilight Princess, do I pirate the Wii or Gamecube version?

Does the Wii version have forced motion gimmick crap?
>>
>Does the Wii version have forced motion gimmick crap?

is the pope catholic?
>>
>>323051481
I don't even know with the current one, to be honest. Think he might be a secret jew
>>
GameCube. or wait til the remaster is out in march
>>
>>323053392
As if I'd ever waste money on a WiiU
>>
>>323053219
well he's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed, sadly (think-before-speaking syndrome). Thank goodness he's an endless feels-good meme generator for Facebook atheists though.

OT: The motion controls are fairly subdued in the Wii release of TP: aiming a bow/hookshot is done with with the pointer, and using your sword/shield are done with flicks of the wrist. I think there's one time you have to balance the remote for a flying segment, which (while it only happens once) is easily the worst part of the controls.

There are trade-offs: the motion-controls for first-person items (bow/hookshot/ball-n-chain) are arguably better and you can run and attack at the same time; but the world is mirrored (stupid, but a minor annoyance) and you might not like the gyroscopic sword controls.

You might want to try both, and since you are pirating, find a save that skips the tutorial sections for the second game you try out (to spare you from the tedium a second time).
>>
>>323053895
Can I opt to never use motion controls in the Wii version and just use classic controller?
If not, then it's garbage and I'm going with the GC version
>>
>>323054498
No, motion control is forced.
>>
>>323054810
Why do they do this anon. Why.

They completely destroyed Metroid Prime with this shit
>>
>>323055403
But Metroid Prime's motion controls were actually good, even if it would've been better to have the option for traditional controls.
>>
>>323055519
I couldn't stand them. Trying to do that part where you need to kill the spinning fly-things was complete hell.
I deleted it shortly after that flamethrower device. garbage.

At the very least, they should give the option to use classic or even the GC controller with these games. It's ridiculous how they don't
>>
>>323055403

If it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure you can opt to aim with the control stick, and the only motion controls required is waggling to sword If I'm not mistaken. Which is retarded, but not the worst.
>>
>>323056138
I suppose I was thinking about Corruption, it's true that they don't work quite as well in the games not designed for it.
>>
>>323056381
No thank you, I'm sticking to the gamecube version. Sounds superior in every possible way
>>
File: Okay.jpg (63 KB, 333x289) Image search: [Google]
Okay.jpg
63 KB, 333x289
>>323050879
play it twice.
Gamecube version and Wii version are basically completly different games.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.