[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best city-builder game of the past 10 years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: cities_skylines.jpg (47 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
cities_skylines.jpg
47 KB, 460x215
Is this the best city-builder game of the past 10 years?
>>
It was disappointing but i still put 70 hours into it
>>
>>323051445
How was it disappointing?

To me, this game was everything I'd ever wanted in a construction game. Made me feel like I had absolute control over just about everything.
>>
>>323051835
It doesn't have a lot of depth or difficulty, the only thing you needed to learn was the traffic management, and that doesn't take long. The artstyle is very plain and boring. The performance is terrible when you get a big city. The mod support doesn't mean a lot when the game is so unoptimized that it will take up 8gb of ram after you install a few assets. It wasn't bad, I still played it a lot, but the fact that the game is so unoptimized and there's very little replayability stopped me from coming back to it.
>>
File: 2016-01-07_00003.jpg (497 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07_00003.jpg
497 KB, 1920x1080
>>323052315
>traffic management
What do you mean? I just started playing and I'm at 20k people so still early but I don't see any need to manage traffic, unless you mean where to put roads and shit.

My only problem is power. Wind craps out on me, coal runs out, never enough of oil, just unlocked solar so gonna try that.
>>
>>323054858
20k is nothing.
>>
>>323055420
As I said I just started.
>>
>>323052315
Got any tips for traffic managing, or tutorials?
I suck shit at engineering traffic and I'm starting to see some major bottlenecks at only 20k population.
>>
Since SC4 came out in the early 2000s, yes this game can easily take the throne as the best city-building game in the past 10 years.

However I feel like this game is lacking a few things. By the time I had 60k (or somewhere around there) residents, I found myself getting a little bored with my game. I mean sure, the potential to build some amazing cities with the thousands of mods is definitely there but I feel like this game is missing some depth. I don't know just quite what the game is missing but I feel like it just is.

For example, the After Dark expansion didn't do jack other than introduce day and night cyccles (which was way overdue). They could have implemented proper nightlife, tourism, crime stats and buildings instead of just making it feel like they just did some minor slider adjustments and a building or two.
>>
Don't let this thread die you faggots
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.