[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: TNLFT.png (366 KB, 850x465) Image search: [Google]
TNLFT.png
366 KB, 850x465
Find a flaw.
>>
Tits arent big enough.
>>
no neptune
>>
Parappa looks like shit.
Special meters being the only means of killing is poorly implemented.
Stages are bad and just stop their gimmick after a bit, meaning that you're stuck on a boring stage until someone fucking wins already.
DMC Dante.
>>
They didn't do their own fucking thing that would've made more sense for their own characters and instead had to try aping off of smash's success for easy money.

It's one of the few games that actually makes me mad that it wasted so much potential.
>>
>>323027260
Find me a redeeming quality first.
>>
> (platform name) all stars battle
>only 20 characters

tell me why this isn't shit
>>
>>323027260
missing so many iconic playstation characters, so much wasted potential.
>>
No Crash, No Spyro

But somehow they had enough money to get Big Daddy and Donte in
>>
File: file.png (97 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
file.png
97 KB, 266x400
>>323027260
its ok when sony does it
>>
>>323027260
A JRPG Smash clone would be better.
>>
>>323028618
I thought that he played differently than normal Cole
>>
Should have ripped off Ehrgeiz or Power Stone instead of Smash
>>
Waste of potential. Japan Studio should have developed it.

>>323028618

No it isnt. Especially not on their first outing.
>>
>>323027260
They experimented and it failed
make killing work the same way as in smash and suddenly it's fine
although, one thing I'd welcome is if they tried something like the Project M screen wrapping stamina mode. refined a bit I could see a meta revolving around it be pretty neat
also, the roster is infamously flawed
>DMC Dante
>Crash
>Spyro
also if we're having this many third party characters
>Atlus character
Stages were also handled poorly, since a lot of them have nonsensical crossovers inside them, which would be fine if you could turn it off.
>>
>>323028618
he does
>>323027260
they copied smash bros. but didn't go all the way.
the "supers to kill" makes the game way less fun than smash.
they should just have had % and knockouts like smash, then the game would have been pretty solid.
>>
>>323027260
shit.
Forgettable characters, mostly.
Mediocre gameplay that tries to be smash but at the same time tries to not make the fact that it is a rip-off too blatant.
>>
>>323027260
Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro
Jersey Devil vs Tomba
Persona 3 Protag vs Zero
>>
>Raiden
>Donte
yea nothx
>>
File: okage.jpg (192 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
okage.jpg
192 KB, 1280x1024
>playstation all stars
>didn't celebrate everything playstation
>added characters that weren't even Sony related like Heihachi, Big Daddy, Raiden, and Tameem May Cry
>>
>>323029575
>heihachi
>not sony related
ha haha. that's like saying cloud or snake aren't sony related.
>>
I thought it was fun for a bit. Spike and Taro were a blast. However after a week I got bored of the whole super mechanic. People were already going to make fun of it for copying Smash Bros, so they should have just went the whole way. Even if they did though it would have still had a lackluster roster, completely awful art style and poorly designed stages. I don't know why the fuck Sony thought it was a good idea to give their Smash Bros killer to a brand new team.
>>
>>323029660

First party SCE characters should have taken all priority, With third party characters saved for sequels and seasonal expansions.
>>
File: cloud.jpg (645 KB, 580x5673) Image search: [Google]
cloud.jpg
645 KB, 580x5673
>>
File: ratchet.png (412 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
ratchet.png
412 KB, 460x460
Fighting feels like a slog because nothing you do matters until you fart out a super.
"Guy with gun" is this games equivalent of Smashes "anime swordsman".
This face.
>>
>>323027260
all of it
>>
>>323030096
Playstation was built on 3rd party franchises though. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with Big Daddy but Heihachi, Dante, and Raiden were all pretty huge parts of Playstation history. Ignoring the moddesigns for Dante/Raiden they were some of the best characters in the roster.
>>
>playstation all stars
>practically excludes all characters that defined the PS1 era
>>
>>323027260
That game is so bad, it's a shame for a character to be part of the roster.
>>
File: 1452124574074.png (571 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
1452124574074.png
571 KB, 800x640
I feel like a PlayStation crossover simply isn't suited to a 2D fighter.

I honestly don't even dislike the core combat in PAS. I can't say I love it, but I don't hate it either. And I think the devs did a great job representing the characters within the mechanics too.

But at the end of the day it just doesn't mesh. PlayStation from the start was always about 3D, it existed after 2D was the standard and almost every single IP in PAS or even every single IP remotely associated to PlayStation had its birth or its success in the 3D era.

If you're going to make a PlayStation crossover, why not make it a game that represents the games involved in it mechanically too? Why not a 3D TPS/brawler hybrid where characters like Drake, Cole, Kat, Ratchet all play just like they did in their own games?

It's not like it's an unheard of concept either. Anarchy Reigns is a thing and it's fun as fuck.
>>
>>323033737
Sony should do what they do best, take an old formula and suit it for their ip. In other words, copy powerstone.
>>
Least they pulled a Sakurai and put in DLC on what they deemed "Popular."

Could've had Chop Chop Master Onion or Dr.Nefarious, instead we get Zeus.
>>
>>323027260
No team ico, no crash, no blasto, no tenchu, no dragoon. Considering psx had the most first party for them they failed to include everyone but parrapa
>>
File: 465465.gif (3 MB, 320x215) Image search: [Google]
465465.gif
3 MB, 320x215
>>323027260
2 coles, no Neps.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.