[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does clipping annoy you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: Shaundi.jpg (44 KB, 427x420) Image search: [Google]
Shaundi.jpg
44 KB, 427x420
Does clipping annoy you?
>>
>>323012917
It ruins a lot of scenes in games, so yes.
>>
I'm replaying ME3 at the moment and the guns keep clipping through Shepard's boobs. It's pretty hot tbqh.
>>
In cut scenes, yes. In actual gameplay, rarely.
>>
>>323012917

Not really, most of the it is only if the game tries to portay itself as realistic.

Otherwise it messes with the cutscenes a bit, the only real bother is when it causes things to look goofy but then its funny.

But when problems such as bullets passing thru places and guns phasing thru walls via clipping, then its a bother.
>>
>>323013068
This pretty much.

What annoys me more is shitty collision boxes and invisible walls.
>>
>>
only if its excessive. I had an outfit in witcher 3 which i couldnt use because my swords and geralts hair kept clipping through it during cutscenes.
>>
>equip armor
>the metal bends with the character body as he or she moves like it's a latex suit

Almost worse than clipping that.
>>
The main reason why I always have short haircuts on all my waifus.
>>
File: 1452156758370.jpg (312 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452156758370.jpg
312 KB, 1920x1080
Street fighter has lots of it
>>
File: 4445419-1795827086-latest.jpg (29 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
4445419-1795827086-latest.jpg
29 KB, 320x320
>>323014232
>>
>>323014828
That man has two grenades under his armor.
>>
Clipping bothers me if it's something obvious that could've easily been prevented.

>>323013920
Also this.
>>
>>323013954
i don't see the problem
>>
>>323015596
Her hair passes through her shoulder.
>>
File: laura-640x360.jpg (97 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
laura-640x360.jpg
97 KB, 640x360
>>323012917
Only if it's blatant like this. Why even make cinematic attacks like this with close-ups, and characters with long hair if you're just going to ignore shit like this?
>>
>>323015739
She has her hand under her braid
>>
>>323012917
In cutscenes and canned animations, yes, it looks amateur as fuck. There's literally someone in the animation section who looked at it, saw the massive clipping and said "yep, that's good enough".
Ingame it's nice if it can be avoided but I'd rather have clipping than having the controls gimped to prevent it. I'm not autistic about it.
>>
>>323013068
pretty much this.
especially when its those types of games where they have in-game cut scenes but use different character models instead of the one actually used during gameplay.

other than that, i dont really give a shit.
>>
>>323017080
she moves her hand down her braid while shes moving it forward
her braid goes through her arm
>>
>>323015778
Honestly at first I didn't notice what you were talking about, I think in motion that would be incredibly difficult to see, especially if your playing a fighting game getting ready for the inevitable wakeup bullshit
>>
>>323012917
As long as it doesnt happen all the time in a hugely obvious way

i.e. the handle of a sword clipping once during every run animation loop is fine, but having the entire blade clipping through you isnt.

For a lot of games removing all issues of clipping is pretty hard, you either do physics which is a massive drain and will likely look shit for other reasons or you do every single animation to work perfectly which could take an absolute shitton of time, particularity if you have lots of weapons and lots of armor.

Its really not that big of an issue, I would be far more annoyed if the game wasnt 60fps
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>323017737
No. It's worse in the character select screen, and at the end of the super, t does a "freeze" effect for the animation if you KO someone with it and the clipping is blatant. Just poor animation.

I wish I had saved webms of the animations people have posted. All the gifs on google are shitty and above file limit.
>>
>>323017805
you'd be suprised. Lots of clipping issues can be easily avoided by simple adjusting weight regions and strengths of bones to the mesh. But as you start doing that, you can run into problems with the mesh getting weird contortions. It's a very trial/error process.

There's another easier method too, called corrective shapes/flexes. You can essentially pre program fixes for clipping into the model, so that in specific events of clipping or bad contortions, the vertices will use the keyframe to fix the issue.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.