[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: witcher 2.png (1 MB, 768x1075) Image search: [Google]
witcher 2.png
1 MB, 768x1075
I don't understand, why wouldn't you pick Roche on the first playthrough?
>>
>>323007028
I like elves even when they're douchebags.
>>
Iorveth makes more sense to Geralt at the time if he's more interested in finding Triss than the kingslayer
>>
File: vernon_roche_by_bannie88-d5m3etz.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vernon_roche_by_bannie88-d5m3etz.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1080
>>323007028
because elves and I wasn't familiar with the universe and roches getup looked stupid as fuck to me, just look at his stupid fucking face. if I don't know fuck all about these people why would I go with the guy with the stupid fucking headdress who still thinks I very likely killed foltest. fuck that stern cunt face of his.

thinking about it I honestly don't know how anyone could choose roche on the first playthrough without having played the first game or read the books or something and new he was a bro.
>>
>>323009828
>who still thinks I very likely killed foltest.
What
No he didn't
>>
>>323009828
>still thinks I very likely killed foltest

If he did he wouldn't have let you out of prison and run around by yourself.

>thinking about it I honestly don't know how anyone could choose roche on the first playthrough without having played the first game or read the books or something and new he was a bro.

Roche isn't in the first game.
>>
Because humans are a bunch of racists
>>
Roche path really sucks. Iorveth was more interesting and also gave the player much needed extra lore and perspective.
>>
>>323010439
So?
>>
>>323007028
Iorveth's path is far superior, though
>>
Roche has more human political intrigue. You can let him stone-cold strangle that fat fuck king for murdering his merry band of men. Also the Roche path gives you closure on what happened to Foltest's bastard children who were the whole reason you were besieging that castle in the tutorial.
>>
>>323010887
>>323010887
Did anyone really even care about the stupid children
>>
>>323010439
Iorveth is just as racist
>>
>>323011358
Yeah I guess he should be totally tolerant to humans even though they butchered elves and other non humans for no real reason whatsoever
>>
>>323011435
Then I guess you would be fine with literal terrorists like the Squirrels aiming to kill innocent people for no good reason
>>
>>323010073
>>323010376
he thinks you killed him until proven otherwise

thats why he lets you out, to HELP HIM find the guy who did it, not because OH I 100% KNOW U DIDNT KILL HIM, HERES THE DOOR XDD

if I remember correctly, he said something among the lines that he will kill geralt if he doesnt help him find letho
>>
>>323011605
In Witcher 1 you could call them terrorists. In Witcher 2 at this point they're basically fighting for their existence, which is funny because if the North actually made peace with the nonhumans then they probably would have beaten Nilfgaard
>>
Because Roche is a bro and was making a plan to kill Loredo.

Iorveth was just a huge asshole
>>
>>323011605
>Then I guess you would be fine with literal terrorists like the Squirrels aiming to kill innocent people for no good reason

"I didn't pay attention to the plot" The post. It's fucking drilled into you over and over and fucking over again, why they target humans and it's not "For no good reason."
>>
Iorveth would have made W3 even better.
>>
>>323011748
Roche was constantly vouching that you didn't kill the king
>>
>>323011875
The reason is impotent rage.
>>
>>323011860
This.

>mfw there are people so cucked that they didn't kill letho
>>
>>323011875
Reason≠Justification

The squirrels were cunts and Iorveth was a dickhead
>>
File: Aizen-Row-Row.png (546 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Aizen-Row-Row.png
546 KB, 700x700
>>323007028

Iorveth is an actual good choice. You create a city, a life for non-humans, you're actually doing something productive, leaving behind a possible legacy. All through act 2 you know you're doing something truly good.

If you play as Roche it's the exact opposite, you spend all of act 2 working for a selfish asshole and helping make the world a worse, more despotic place.

Then, after destroying the hopes and dreams of non-humans, who've been fucked over by humans many, many times by now (remember this is THEIR world, humans came into it) you turn on the people who you were sided with and all that's left is a pile of corpses.

No-one's happy. Nothing was achieved. It's just a fucking disaster ruining countless lives on your mission for Triss. You can't even save Ssentheris, you either kill her or leave her as Phillipa's potential slave.

The worst thing, is that with Iorveth you can still be friends with Roche and leave on good terms when you meet in act 2. He doesn't care about Henselt, he only cares about getting revenge.

So even if you're one of those "NO! I GOTT'A HELP BROCHE!" retards, it's still better to choose Iorveth (since then all Roche's friends don't get raped/killed).

Choosing Roche is literally playing the game in full retard mode and you get a story fitting for such a stupid, selfish, choice.
>>
>>323012073
>killing another witcher
Bet you also killed the one in Witcher 1 too

Fucking faggot
>>
>>323012191
Doesn't matter either way, the endings change nothing in 3
>>
>>323012191
>remember this is THEIR world, humans came into it

Read the books.
>>
I went with Roche on my playthrough. I also let letho live and regreted it so went back and killed him. He caused too many problems.

Ioveth was an ass thru and thru. The only problem I had was Zoltan being on that elfs side of course.

There's really no good path in 2. The entire point is he's caught up in everything he never wanted to be and is getting dragged around to do others dirty work.

Roche's guys get caught up inthe political aspartions of little man wizard and super jackass king.

Zoltan's side are being minpulated to fight for random cursed human to protect land that really doesn't fucking matter.

And the Squirrels are just fucking worthless idiots. They have no real plan except kill whoever they can. Fuck for a group that wants equality or even domance they are going around pissing everyone off on both sides.
>>
>it's fine to kill children for social progress

Looks like we have some ISIS sympathizers in here
>>
>Humans are always raping elf women
>Elf men decide to get revenge and start raping human women
>Human and Elf men keep trying to one up each other with rape
>War of the Rape happens
>>
Everyone's a douchebag in this world, I figured I'd rather help Iorveth build his own country so he doesn't have to terrorize people than lick some political ass. licking Saskia's ass is ok
I kinda regreted it later though, when Roche's saved Geralt's ass and everything went to shit
>>
>>323012902
>I figured I'd rather help Iorveth build his own country so he doesn't have to terrorize people

unfourtantly Iorveth would likely run his kingdom badly. You don't struggle for power like that and once you get it, not abuse it to "punish" those who were aganist you.

He wouldn't be better than any of the asshole rulers already in place.
>>
I was pretty annoyed that the qt elf didnt show up in Witcher 3. Hopefully he gets mentioned in DLC or something either in an appearnace or just 'he is fighting Nilfgaard or just dead'
>>
>>323007028
Same here. It just makes sense for Geralt Going with a racist terrorist, even though you can see his points, is stupid. The choice would've made sense if you knew what happened after and knew that the nation that Roche serves will no longer exist.
>>
>>323011787
No. Non Human are just a small group of guerrill a soldiers, a minority. Even the accepted half elves, dwarves and elves in the cities are but a minority in the cities Sure, the conscription of loyal non human troops and the probably obvious alliance of the elves nation within Nilfgaard, plus the backup of rich bankers such as the dwarves would've helped, but the problem is that there was no head (king) to at least half the north. I'm not considering Kovir and such since they suck ass.
>>
File: reactionimage.png (444 KB, 465x455) Image search: [Google]
reactionimage.png
444 KB, 465x455
>>323012191
>non-humans can't even fight for their own world
are you even trying elffaggots
>>
I kind of fell ass-backwards into picking Iorveth. I gave him his sword when shit went down without really thinking about it, because it just seemed shitty to leave him defenseless in the middle of a big battle. I could've still sided with Roche after that, but I was just sorta going with the flow and the way things play out at that point led me to go with Iorveth.

From a characterization standpoint though, they really don't give you a great reason to pick Iorveth the first time around. They give you a chance to get to know/like Roche and the Blue Stripes, but Iorveth is really nothing but an asshole to you until Act 2, aside from the brief scene after the Letho fight if you gave him his sword. If you're just going purely by which character comes off as more likable, almost everyone is going to go with Roche the first time.

Still, no regrets. Roche is a bro (and also a fucking action hero, the stunts he pulls in some of his cutscenes are hilarious) but I wound up liking Iorveth a lot too, and his version of Act 2 is easily the peak of the entire game,.
>>
Reminder that they concluded Vergen's and Saskia's story in a shitty comic that's included with Hearts of Stone.

Iorveth gets a mention, he just up and leaves that place for pretty much no reason.
>>
>no Neutral path

Can you even call this a Witcher game
>>
I'm on Act 2 and I've only used a single enhancement because I fear the enhanced item is gonna be beaten when I find a new item just minutes later

How is this shit in Witcher 3
>>
>>323017919
Choosing to save Triss in Chapter 3 is neutral path

>>323018157
This is a very short game. Use everything in the game, save nothing for later, because there is no later. Witcher 3 is a very long game
>>
>>323012536
No you do.
He is right.
>>
>>323010439
>implying racists are worse than literal ISIS
Go away, Scoia'tael shills.
>>
>>323017919

Yes. It's a major point in the books as well that sometimes there's no neutral path.
>>
>>323007028
Because I picked the Order on my first Witcher 1 playthrough, and I wanted to do something different.
>>
>>323017919
In the books Geralt's "neutrality" is constantly proven to be wrong and/or unfeasible.
>>
>>323019680
True, but the point is that he constantly tries to be neutral regardless.
>>
>>323007028

I picked Iorveth on my first playthrough. I didnt give a single fuck about Roche, especially because he looks silly unlike in tw3.

Also i really didnt care about going down that path and i merely wanted to find Triss.

Iorveths path is superior as fuck though, the pacing and characters you meet in his path are way better than roche where you mainly deal with dethmold and the king. I was actually disappointed after doing roche's path because /v/ swears up and down that roche is a bro or whatever but its just a stupid fucking meme and the story of tw2 makes a ton more sense going iorveth's path, so much that roche's path almost makes no sense with how the story flows.
>>
>>323012191
roche path is canon how does it feel
>>
File: HATE ANON.jpg (99 KB, 876x1041) Image search: [Google]
HATE ANON.jpg
99 KB, 876x1041
>>323020178
>canon
>>
>>323007028
Roche was cool. The Squirrels were dumber than a brick.
I regret getting the blue squad raped and killed, though.

Also, did none of you faggots let Letho live? He was a bro.
>>
>>323007028
Iorveth knows what Letho was doing, had a man with a lead on where Letho went, and already showed he was willing to work with you against Letho. Seems like plenty good reason to pick him.
>>
>>323020937

Think theres like 1 dude in the thread who admitted to being retarded enough to kill letho.

Majority of people, from what i gathered anyway, didnt kill letho because theres actually zero reason to.
>>
>>323019485
>>323019810
He gets sick and tired of pretty much all ideals by the end of the books.
>"Don't go crying to us that the witcher sword and the witcher aren't needed anymore because the world is sad or whatever. You're a witcher and you'll remain a witcher..."
>"I won't," said Geralt firmly. "You might be surprised, but I've finally realized just how stupid it is to piss against the wind. How stupid it is to risk my own neck for a stranger, even if that stranger pays me. I've realized that I like being alive more than any ideals. No relation to existential philosophy."
>"So I've noticed," nodded Dandelion. "On one hand it sounds reasonable. But on the other hand..."
>"There is no other hand."
>"Yennefer and Ciri," asked Yarpen, "Have something to do with your decision?"
>"A lot."
>>
>>323020937

i killed him as a fugg You to starting the war because of 'Muh skool'. i can see why people spared him though
>>
>>323021319
That was just talk. In the end, after making a big show of giving away his sword to the innkeep and telling everyone he was done, he took it back up to fend off the rioters tearing the nonhuman ghetto apart. Stood for his ideals to his death, despite all the things he said, just like always.
>>
>>323018157
Act 3 is nonexistent. You get a bunch of cool sidequests but that's it.

rescue triss or someone else, kill or let sile escape, kill or save final boss, kill or let letho go. it all takes less than an hour
>>
>>323021746
True, but it was more of an instinct. He even curses his own stupidity and the pointlessness of his struggle at the end.
>>
>>323007028

It was nothing against Roach, personally.

At the time I thought the Iorveth lead was better.

Dwarven town > what turns out to be just a muddy military base.

Dwarf bros > everyone under Roach's command who isn't the blonde.

Saskia > that king that has a fucking castle for a belt.

You can frame that ungrateful faggot Stennis for the assasination attempt of Saskia and have peasants beat the shit out of him.
>>
>>323022417
He always talks like that, though. That's the whole thing about Geralt. He'll bitch and moan about how stupid it is to help people or how shitty everyone and everything is, but for all the assholes out there he still meets good people on his journeys and, being a good person himself, sticks his neck out for them. He's just a smarmy dick about it sometimes. Just like Yen.
>>
>>323016883
I gave him a sword in that moment because I was pissed that Roche hadn't trusted me while Iorveth did. I didn't trust Roche anymore to allow me to do what I wanted and that he may ruin my plans at any moment with his distrust.
>>
>>323022521

>You can frame that ungrateful faggot Stennis for the assasination attempt of Saskia

How can you Frame a man for something he actually did? Long live saskia
>>
>>323009397
This pretty much. In terms of what Geralt would want to do, staying with Roche is senseless since he needs to find Triss.
>>
>>323024764
>>323009397
Uh, doesn't Triss get kidnapped AFTER you make the choice?
>>
>>323007028
The first time I only cared about finding Triss.
I went to Roche who basically "okay but first we have to murder the governor".
Fuck that shit I'm going with the elf
It was pleasant because everyone at least respected you and you meet some old friends.
>>
File: letho.jpg (209 KB, 1063x1600) Image search: [Google]
letho.jpg
209 KB, 1063x1600
LETHO DID NOTHING WRONG

VIPER SCHOOL BEST SCHOOL
>>
>>323025104

Nope. the decision is presented as chase Letho (Roche) or find Triss (Iorveth). Triss gets kidnapped before the decision
>>
File: Laughing Unicorn.jpg (84 KB, 499x726) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Unicorn.jpg
84 KB, 499x726
>>323022521
>Saskia > that king that has a fucking castle for a belt
You aren't actually serious, right? That motherfucking belt is a miracle of the universe.
>>
>>323025386
I hear we get to see the guy in TW3. Is this true?
I'd download the thing just to see what happened to him.
>>
>>323025539

He does make an appearance, yes
>>
>>323025539
Yeah he is there depending on what you do in 2.
He has a quest and some other stuff. Witchers got to stick together
>>
>>323025779
Shit, deleted my save. On a normal TW3 playthrough, did I save or kill him?
>>
>>323025893

When you start the game, you have the option to emulate Witcher 2 save. What that means is if you pick yes, sometime in the game, after White Orchard I believe, just before meeting Emhyr, general Voorhis asks you a few questions while you get a shave. Those questions act as plotpoints of what you did in 2. If you tell him that you spared Letho you can find him later in the game in Velen hidden in a village
>>
Because Iorveth was a more interesting character. Not many games let you hang around with a terrorist
>>
>>323026534
Iorveth did nothing wrong
>>
>>323026613
He does talk about how he likes killing human children, which is edgy as fuck
>>
File: 1452136291727.jpg (42 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
1452136291727.jpg
42 KB, 500x463
>>323026392
danke anon. downloading right now.
>>
File: 1413963805514.gif (1021 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1413963805514.gif
1021 KB, 400x400
>>323026824
Good, fuck humans.
>>
>>323026824

>He does talk about how he likes killing human children

Being Aen Seidhe aint free, Elven Land gotta be watered with the blood of human children. Enid an 'Nifgaardian' Gleanna is not my queen she is a Nilfgaardian and probably dh'oine too
>>
>>323009828

>Saves you from prison in the first three hours of the game and has regular contact with you afterwards.

>WHO IS THIS GUY.

Underage.
>>
The way i see it, it all depends on if you gave Iovreth his sword or not.
If you gave him it, you really should just follow through on his path (also kill that fucking town master no matter what)
If you didnt give him the sword its better to just follow broche.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.