[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wasteland 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: wasteland 2 trigger.jpg (521 KB, 1680x1045) Image search: [Google]
wasteland 2 trigger.jpg
521 KB, 1680x1045
I just beat it.

Can someone explain why /v/ hates this game?
>>
>>323006889
Didn't live up to expectations.
>>
>>323006889
How did you just beat it when you made this thread already?
>>
>>323006889
Because it was a buggy unpolished piece of shit when it first launched.

The Directors Cut is great however.
>>
>>323007102

>The Directors Cut is great however.

Is it worth another playthrough? i got pretty much to the end and stopped playing.
>>
>>323006889
It sucked on release. Director's cut fixed most of the issues, largely thanks to adding traits and perks and rebalancing things, but was unplayable because of bugs.

Basically it took over a year after release to actually be anything but shit.
>>
I played the release version, it run like shit and the combat was a bit simpler than what I was hoping for
>>
Poor aesthetic design, everything looked really ugly. Combat was really shallow.
>>
>>323006889
if you wonder why people hate unity engine you will get the answer
>>
>>323006889
It was just a remake of Fallout Tactics.
It was boring, shallow, had no story and just did not feel like a good game compared to Fallout 1 and 2.
>>
I thought the story and level design were weak. However, the character progression was interesting and the combat was really satisfying.
>>
>>323007163
>Is it worth another playthrough?

Nah not really. Replaying AG Center or Highpool is the fucking worst.
>>
Just started playing it (DC), 5 hours in, really enjoying it so far. I expected it to be a lot worse than it's been, but I guess it's because it's over a year since the original release. Things work as they should, for example using different characters's skills works from a single context menu, rather than having to select the character every single time.
>>
>>323009272
>characters's skills works from a single context menu, rather than having to select the character every single time.

You mean dumbing down the game so you never have to think about what skills you wanna apply?
>>
File: 1373406729987.jpg (186 KB, 769x571) Image search: [Google]
1373406729987.jpg
186 KB, 769x571
>>323008860
>AG Center
>>
File: sweating.jpg (38 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
38 KB, 560x560
>>323009361
>Infected disease pods that explode
>Flies that shoot poison
>Enemies that explode on death

Is this the worst set of enemies grouped together in any game ever?
>>
>>323008860

Its the part im dreading desu. But first time i fucked up by giving my medic a pistol only thinking that they couldnt using a rifle being a medic (for some reason) and so fucked my original party.
>>
>>323009481
Its worse because you have fuck all ammo that early.

Fuck AG Center.
>>
>>323009360
I've never even played the game and I'm still wondering how your reading comprehension can be so bad that you got that out of what he said.
>>
>>323009574
He's saying it's more convenient

Which it is

Meaning it's far more dumbed down than vanilla WL2 cause you never have to second guess what you have to use.
>>
>>323009561

What difficulty? Think I played on normal and also went there after Highpool so ammo wasn't really an issue for me.

I did, however, initially yolo through it only to get fucked up by everything before loading an earlier save and actually thinking out my turns
>>
>>323009360
Yeah, it's a sign of intelligence to first do a perception check on a certain character, then change character and disable traps, then change character and disable alarms, then change character and use lockpicking, and then loot the container by distributing each item to each character one by one, one character at a time. This is not a thing that would get boring in a long RPG.
>>
>>323009641
Yeah but he's not saying you never have to think about what skills you want to apply, he's saying you don't have to manually select the character with the skill before using it.
>>
>>323006889

Because /v/ is made up of people born after Wasteland 1 came out. They listened to stories of Wasteland 1 when WL2 was announced and imagined a completely fantasical version of the original and had the wrong expectations of WL2.
>>
Someone on /v/ hates this game because people have personal opinions and preferences.

Some people do not like the things that you like. I hope this doesn't trigger you
>>
>>323009791
>he's saying you don't have to manually select the character with the skill before using it.

But it displays what will work right off the bat. That's the problem.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.