[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 200x200
I've been looking to get a controller for my pc and I wanted to know if this one is a good all around gaming controller like is it good for fighting games and such
>>
This has to be bait at this point.
>>
File: 2s00fx1.jpg (32 KB, 676x453) Image search: [Google]
2s00fx1.jpg
32 KB, 676x453
This one.
>>
>>323003695
xbox 360
>>
>>323003695
That one in your picture: A Logitech with switch to choose between DirectInput and Xinput modes, and Xbox pad -style colored buttons.

>>323003990
I've had this one for a decade. Still works sweet, but unfortunately the Xinput games don't quite work right with it, without using X360CE.exe
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 540x291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 540x291
Is it good for fighting games like SF and skull girls
>>
>>323003695

The controller pictured is ok, but the battery pack on the underside of the pad is so massive that unless you have small hands, it's going to get very uncomfortable very quickly.
>>
>>323005718
Fuck no, it isn't.
>>
>no force feedback
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 124x49) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 124x49
Op here ok so from what it seems it's pretty good controller but it won't be good for fighting games but is it a least usable for them? I know it won't be as good as a fighting game controller with a joy stick and every thing but I just want to know
>>
>>323006610

Just get a PS3/4 pad and install InputMapper.
>>
>>323006693
this.

had a Logitech F510 and the right trigger glitched like fuck after a while and responded without pressing anything sometimes.
thanks to that bullshit, it made me hit friendly NPCs in Dark Souls. fuck Logitech.
>>
>>323006693
Sounds like a plan DS4 it a pretty good controller
>>
>>323006693
Or get an Xbox 360 controller which works with any pc game and feels a lot better
>>
>>323007298
360 d-pad is utter shit. Otherwise it's basically perfect, but any time I touch the d-pad I want to throw the piece of shit in the wall.
>>
>>3230081>>323008192
Exactly the reason I'm gonna have to go with the DS4 the xbox360 is literally the best most comfortable controller out there but the fucking Dpad is just unbearable >>323008192
>>
>>323006610
FUCK NO. Every logitech gamepad is absolutely terrible. When I bought mine, after reading all the positive reviews, I couldn't believe what a steaming pile of shit I had in my hand.
I know what you're doing. You're trying to save money because holy shit 60 quads for a controller sounds awful. Trust me though save up more if you have to and spend more to get that quality. Buy a ds4 or xbone controller to get some actual quality you'll thank yourself for taking.
>>
File: Logitech_F510_gamepad.jpg (108 KB, 950x650) Image search: [Google]
Logitech_F510_gamepad.jpg
108 KB, 950x650
>>323006610
No, its terrible.
Not for normal reasons, but because Logitech quality assurance is shit.
They produced nice gamepads until like 2005ish.
The F series isn't well made.
You basically have the choice of 360, PS3/4/WiiU Pro + Bluetooth, or Steam Controller.

Older Logitech would be a option, if they could be paired with a SCP driver. But they can't, and X360c is terrible in the long term.
>>
>>323012773
>X360c is terrible in the long term
What is that supposed to me? It's been working near perfectly for me for 5+ years. It even works with force feedback.

I can believe that the quality of Logitech controllers has dropped even though my 10 year old one is still holding up with a little tweaking but that's just a load of bull.
>>
>>323013050
You only say that until you install a game X360c doesn't work for. And you have experienced Wii U Pro or PS4 via SPC driver. No more copying it into each directory, it just works.
>>
>>323013649
Well, I'm quite used to things not just working so it causes me very little frustration to fix them.
Also, the 1 or 2 times x360ce didn't work I just used joy2key instead. I got everything covered.
Although I'm sure it's convenient not needing to do these routines I wouldn't trade them for a shittier controller, besides it's good understand these tools so you always have your options open and are not limited to whoever is monopolizing the input protocols.
>>
>>323014124
>besides it's good understand these tools so you always have your options open and are not limited to whoever is monopolizing the input protocols.
Go kill yourself illiterate.
>>
>>323014953
>single "to" missing
>illiterate
Why so mad though?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.