[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology- 35239815 >BBC report
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35239815

>BBC reporter has a "mind blowing" experience with the HTC Vive, and then almost throws up with the Oculus Rift

Oculusfags will still defend their inferior product.
>>
>>323002120
I'm not into BBC so I'll stick with oculus
>>
>>323002120
Casual didn't know how to use a fucking xbox controller.
>>
Valve already stated you need true 1:1 movement to achieve real presence and avoid sickness, "seated experiences" will never take off unless they are cockpit games.
>>
>>323003261
No one wants to fucking walk to play fps games. Seated will always triumph.
>>
>"I'm sorry…" I tried.
>"Would you tell me about your inspiration for the game?"
>He didn't respond.

;_;
>>
>Adam Orth
Hang on, wasn't this guy the twat from Microsoft that viciously defended the always-online and NO USED GAMES policies of the Xbone launch?
>>
>>323003405
this post is american as fuck

you want a bigmac while you're at it fatty
>>
>>323004835
Exercise is good but it doesn't have to occur when you play video games, retard
>>
>>323004634
The very same. The stalwart defender of "always on" DRM and all the other cancer.
>>
>>323003261

Could be

But then again climbing a mountain is more familiar than being thrown in space vr where you're fucking floating

This bitch never touched a controller either so it was alien to her

My bet is she moved the analog sticks like mad all over and caused herself to get nauseous
>>
>>323004835
once again Euro's complaining about us while we don't give a fuck about you. Loving every laugh.
>>
>>323004835
Not him, but I can see cable tangle being a massive issue.
If I end up getting a vive I'd probably do a standing experience or two for the hell of it then go back to seated.

Don't get me wrong I'd prefer to move around in a virtual space 1:1, but having to worry about tripping and constantly untangling is a massive hassle.

Games will likely be limited in design such that you will not be required to turn around much and the walking space would be rather small but that could be scaled up depending on the game's level design so it wouldn't be as limiting a problem as cable tangle.

One solution would be to buy a laptop with a GTX980 in there, and slap it in a backpack with a power pack. This could be too cumbersome however and battery life would be fairly limited.
>>
>>323005381
>My bet is she moved the analog sticks like mad all over and caused herself to get nauseous
sounds on par for valve playtesters.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.