[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that in games like Smash and Pokken, they always give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Pokken Tournament Roster.png (1 MB, 1377x800) Image search: [Google]
Pokken Tournament Roster.png
1 MB, 1377x800
Why is it that in games like Smash and Pokken, they always give Gen 1 Pokémon the most attention?
>>
Because that's the only good gen.
They went full retard afterwards and made icecream pokemon and janitor keyrings
>>
>>322993602
Because those are the most recognizable.
>>
Most recognizable and popular.

Ask any normie in the west, they can tell you Pikachu and Charizard's name, and they recognize Mewtwo.

Ask any normie in the east, and they can tell you Pikachu and Clefairy's name, and they recognize Eevee.

No other generation has a pokemon that's universally known among normies.
>>
Because the rosters not done yet. They got most of the populars out of the way, Greg is getting in for sure, and then afew extra.
>>
>>322995247
>No other generation has a pokemon that's universally known among normies.

You forgot to mention Lucario as an outlier in that.
>>
>No Gen 5 rep
Easily the most underrated Pokemon games. Everyone dismisses all the good designs introduced in Black/White because "wow an ice cream pokemon really nintendo?"
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>322993738
>still mad at icecreamon

happy birthday
>>
>>322995463

He's not an outlier in that sense though.

He's extremely popular, and is known to pretty much everyone who's into gaming.

But if you take a picture of Charizard or Pikachu to your grandparents, they'll probably be able to name them correctly, and will certainly recognize them. They won't be able to name or even recognize Lucario.
>>
Well Pikachu is kind of the face of the franchise.

Also I want to point out that in the OP pic, there are five Gen 1 Pokemon and six from later gens. Obviously I didn't count Pikachu twice.
>>
>>322993602
Because it has the biggest fandom, full of nostalgiafags. Thus, Gen 1 has more iconic Pokemon. Honestly, if a Pokemon that isn't a starter or Legendary past Gen 1 gets exposure, it's lucky. Lucario is an obvious exception because they pushed the fuck out of him.
>>
File: 53619544_p0.png (192 KB, 526x731) Image search: [Google]
53619544_p0.png
192 KB, 526x731
>>322995569
It all depends on who you ask. I rather like Unova's Pokemon myself.

Kalos needs a rep, too.
>>
>>322997063
Should have used Hawlucha instead of Masked Pikachu
>>
>>322995247
But normalfags and my grandparents aren't the ones who will be buying the game. What's the benefit to pandering to them?
>>
>>322993602
I literally cannot imagine why they'd choose iconic, recognizable, visually interesting characters to star in these games instead of like, an anthropomorphic bag of trash, or a keychain with anime eyes.
>>
Why are there 2 Pikachus? Out of like 600 fuckers they chose a second Pikachus?
>>
>>322993602
why the fuck is mewtwo black?
>>
>>322997601
Blame korea
>>
File: 45096473_p0.png (491 KB, 620x600) Image search: [Google]
45096473_p0.png
491 KB, 620x600
>>322997307
I don't think Libre has any impact on whether Hawlucha gets in or not. They'd have pretty different movesets, I'd think, Libre apparently makes use of its electric powers a good deal, which Hawlucha couldn't.

>>322997601
Apparently South Korea got a chance to vote in a character. Libre was their choice.
>>
>>322997759

WE WUZ PSYCHICS N SHIET

BILT DA PYRAMIDZ WIT AR MINDZ
>>
>>322998526
hol up hol up
*smacks lipz*
so, you be sayen dat we wuz pokkemon n shieet?
>>
>>322993602
>no ditto
disaapointed desu

would be neet to have a pure mirror character
>>
Pokemon has been a phenomenon since its introduction. By virtue of them being around longer, the older Pokemon are simply more well known. People who started in the 90s will know them. People who stopped playing Pokemon will know them. People who started 5 years ago, or yesterday, will know the gen 1 Pokemon. Newer Pokemon don't have that level appeal, what they have is the appeal of being fresher in the minds of people who still play the games, and also a good advertisement for what's going on right now.

That's why shit like Sceptile doesn't get into Smash. Pokken, being a game all about Pokemon fanservice, is obviously different. You're already aiming to appeal to fans of Pokemon, and you have more of a roster to work with, so you have some business appealing to more specific interests. But generation 1 is still the most popular.
>>
>>322995569
imagine Scolipede in Pokken
>>
>no Marowak
>no Scizor
>no Heracross
>no Golurk
>no Scrafty
>no Darmanitan
>>
>>323001020
Golurk would be a pretty cool choice.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.