[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It really wasn't that bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg (18 KB, 294x339) Image search: [Google]
Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg
18 KB, 294x339
It really wasn't that bad.
>>
It wasnt that bad , not a fan of it but it was a good game , there probably wont be anything like this again , flaws and all it was still one of kind
>>
>>322993147
It was terrible in both gameplay and story.

but I still love it
>>
It had an amazing attention to detail. I'll still never understand why people hated Hayter's performance. His gravel suited dying Snake.
>>
The fight with Ocelot with the cutscenes was GOAT. I find myself watching it all when I drink.
>>
loved it.
>>
It was mediocre as fuck compared to 1, 2 and 3, and a disappointing ending to the series. That's all that really matters.
>>
my ps3 wont read it anymore
>>
>>322993147

It's still the best MGS game ever made. People complain it's short but then again both 1 and 2 were just as short minus the back tracking in 2. Three was long because of the tasks you had to do, lots of long stretches of nothing.
>>
File: 1451952058636.jpg (92 KB, 500x617) Image search: [Google]
1451952058636.jpg
92 KB, 500x617
>>322993717
>3
>disappointing compared to 3
>>
>>322993147
Better than MGSV: The Phantom Content
>>
>>322993147
Story and dialogue is a mess, but I still like the game a lot. I find it extremely dense and replayable excluding act 3.

100% it and then 100% it again when trophies came out. Which is 16 playthroughs.
>>
>>322994216

>Story and dialogue is a mess,

You say that but 1, 2 and 3 were just as bad. 1 had less of it because of disk space and time.
>>
>>322994373
It's there, but some things in 4 went beyond what I expect from MGS.
Meryl and Johnny
Raiden you were the lightning in that rain
Naomi's death scene

And MGS1 and 3, and even a lot of 2, I thought the story was easy to follow. Motivations were clear, twists were clear. With 4, I still don't think I could recap exactly why everything went down how it did.
>>
bad enough to herald the end of true mgs games.
>>
4 actually got me interested in it unlike 3. I just started the mgs series about 6 months ago and I started playing mgs 3 and was bored super fucking fast. I'm still in like the first hour or two on it and I've had it for probably two months now. I got mgs 4 a couple weeks after it and couldn't put it down until I beat it. Immensely more interesting and fun in my opinion. Nothing beats 1 or ghost babel though.
>>
>>322993147
i never hated this game. i liked it from the first time i played it and was genuinely surprised to find out it was ill received online.

i can no longer say i liked it when it first came out because now that mgsv was actually shit people will call me a contrarian for enjoying 4.

i cant even say the above sentence because someone will call me a contrarian contrarian.

i know people irl who literally only began agreeing it was a good game after mgsv and they are all shitheads. why didn't people love this game when it first came out?

i have heard all the common reasons, but i am ready to debate over this as they are all bullshit.
>>
>>322993147

What I miss more than anything is MGO. Still one of the best multiplayers ever.
>>
>>322995329
It made 2 canon instead of a vr mission
>>
>>322995329
I thought it was a really disappointing follow up to the story threads in 2, and I didn't really care for any of the characters besides Snake. The patriot A.I. never even made an appearance.
>>
>>322995772
>a simulation has to involve virtual reality
>mgs2 was vr
It was a live training exercise not vr.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.