[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/'s opinion of capcom games dominating the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: TSTS+FGC+planet.jpg (531 KB, 1033x939) Image search: [Google]
TSTS+FGC+planet.jpg
531 KB, 1033x939
What's /v/'s opinion of capcom games dominating the FGC? Do you think this is a result of the quality of capcom fighters and therefore justified, or do you wish other fighting games like Blazblue, Mortal Kombat X, or Killer Instinct were as popular in the FGC and as important at big events?
>>
Killer Instinct definitely deserves to be up there, I don't understand it's lack of presence. It has a good unique system and it's balanced as fuck.
>>
>>322983687
KI's lack of presence probably has to do with it being an xbone exclusive. Do you think it will gain a bigger presence when the PC version releases?
>>
>>322984123
Not at all, mostly because it's going to be Windows 10 only. Unless a lot of people have upgraded, I sure as fuck won't.
>>
File: 0.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>muh frames
>>
>>322984435
So the ki community is going to forever remain tiny. What about Mkx? It has a big community now but will it be able to keep that for long considering how fast mk9 and injustice died?
>>
>>322984123
KI isn't very deep, its a boring casul fighter
>>
>>322982043
Capcom has the best fighters
>>
>>322982043
Blazblue and MKX have spots and streams at every major tournament. Capcom games being more popular has no negative effect on them at all. If anyone wants those games to grow, all they have to do is start attending and getting other people to attend.
>>
>>322984123
It's a very bland game that took too much from SF4 and doesn't really have anything going for it outside of buying its way into evo over and over

Also copying fucking yomi's combo system of all things isn't that creative

The reason Capcom is so dominant in the west is because the west isn't good at anything else.and hasn't been around as long as SF Capcom isn't nearly as dominant elsewhere. Go to China/South America/Certain Areas in Europe and it's all KoF, go to Korea it's Tekken, go to Japan and you can play whatever you want.

It's true that Capcom has as monopoly on casual tourament players but who gives a fuck about those guys
>>
>>322984672
Hopefully MKX gets bigger, people don't seem to take it seriously though due to MK's history. I think X is a pretty good fighter to be honest, I like it more than SFIV.

>So the ki community is going to forever remain tiny
Unfortunately, yep. I really wish Microsoft didn't buy Rare, or at least didn't force people to upgrade to a shitty OS just to play it.

>>322984761
Neither is Street Fighter, yet it's still the biggest game in the FGC.
>>
>>322985280
only room for 1
>>
Capcom has been steadily losing its grip for quite a while now, it's far less dominant than it used to be
>>
>>322982043
I mean, it's Street Fighter. Guilty Gear has carved out its own niche there, but MKX basically shot itself in the foot and Tekken has a ways to go to regain its old place high up in the standings.
>>
>>322985280
MKX is probably the best fighting game I've played in recent memory. Its incredibly deep and fulfilling thanks to the more fluid animations, the variations, the stamina bar etc. The scene seems to be pretty big rn (especially since its in the ESL pro league) but im worried the community will die off quickly like it did for mk9 and injustice
>>
>>322985252
>It's a very bland game that took too much from SF4
They play completely fucking different, the only similarity is that they're both 2D fighters. What the fuck?
>>
Capcom is only winning because they're the only one who bothers to keep an updated game on PC.
>>
SF will always be dominant because most SF players are literally unable to play anything else and give up immediately if anything is too different

The only exception being marvel 3 because that game had the depth of a paddling pool
>>
>>322985252
Ki took nothing from SF4 but the basic shoto character that's in every fighting game anyways. The combo system is completely different, the damage model is completely different, combo breakers, counter breakers, and shadow counters are present and extremely crucial, even the health system is different. You dont regain health at the start of each round. KI is a very different game.
>>
>>322985862
>Capcom
thats what you shills said about SFxT
>>
>>322987898
How is saying a game isn't like SF4 shilling?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.