[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of trying out the demo for FF14. How well does the demo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Thinking of trying out the demo for FF14. How well does the demo showcase the actual game? Anyone play it can tell me stuff I would be unable to do (beside end game dungeons) that is pretty nice?
>>
File: 4L_jHkDbICY.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
4L_jHkDbICY.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>322978872
If you enjoy the music and feel the world comfy enough the first levels, then you will definitely enjoy late game, the combat and mechanics get a lot better as you progress.
>>
>>322979203
DURR WHY THIS SO SLOW 2.5 SECOND COOLDOWN
>>
>>322979203
What are some of the fun stuff I might be missing out on if I'm just checking out the demo?
>>
>>322978872
Wtf is The Shannara Chronicles?
>>
File: 4L_hDfjr4GH.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
4L_hDfjr4GH.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>322978872
The game has a lot to do besides dungeons however they get really really boring after the first time, it is literally a themepark game. Play it, enjoy it and then quit and comeback each patch of you are still interested
>>
>>322979203
>get better
I made it to 60 before I quit, I loved the game. But every time I join a guild in an MMO I slowly start to play less and less, I always think being in a guild will be fun, but it just turns into a shit storm full of other peoples drama.
>>
>>322979393
Not much really, you can gather and make gear, go to the first dungeon and try out all the classes except 3 which are expansion exclusive. I guess you could be missing out Raids and Golden Saucer I think but those get boring fast. I personally love the game and enjoyed immensely my first playthrough so I'll recommend playing through it at least once, I finished everything in 3 months playing casually
>>
>>322979706
I don't feel it is necessary to level more than one class to 60 to get most out of the game. For me it's something you only play once and that's it. Unless of course you have friends
>>
>>322979952
How are the different classes?
>>
File: 4563455.jpg (51 KB, 373x455) Image search: [Google]
4563455.jpg
51 KB, 373x455
I played since 1.0 and a little bit of ARR.

My friend who has been playing since 1.0 as well stopped playing outright relatively recently since he claims its literally the worst the game has ever been. Take that as you will.
>>
>>322981335
Pretty much, but I'd still say it's worth playing all the 2.0 stuff. Just skip out on Heavensward.
>>
>>322981335
If he thinks it's worse than 1.0 then his opinion is literally worthless.

That said the game is the worst it's been since ARR's launch
>>
>>322981648
>If he thinks it's worse than 1.0 then his opinion is literally worthless.
I genuinely enjoyed my time with 1.0 but maybe that had more to do with the interaction with the guild at the time. I fizzled out on ARR mad quick but he stuck with it until like two months ago i'd say.
>>
>>322981164
Not that different but you still feel their own uniqueness, all of the classes are useful, it all depends how good you are.
>>322981335
Of course, considering release date was almost 3 years ago
>>
>>322981761
>Of course, considering release date was almost 3 years ago
I mean the current state of the game is the worst the game has ever been. I should have worded that better.
>>
>>322981761
What class do you roll?
>>
File: 1451975715578.jpg (163 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451975715578.jpg
163 KB, 1280x720
Fuck off duuuuuuuuuuuuude07 you retarded faggot shill.
>>
>miss the fun times I had with different jobs at 50
>never played HW for all the new stuff

If I could get HW on sale, would it be worth it to level my 50 jobs to 60, try out new jobs, and see how the story plays out?
>>
>>322983359
Used to Tank back in the day with a Paladin, I recently got back since I bought the expansion not too long ago. I'm currently leveling Astrologian which is a Healer class.
>>
>>322984572
I'm about to finish the most recent HW story patch and I have to say it is worth it (if you find a good sale on it). The way they handle the quests is way better than ARR, also the new areas are pretty good
>>
>>322984572
Not really.

You go to ishgard. You get sent on a railway of errands and then find out that elezens started the dragon war by attacking the dragons so that they can eat the eye and gain powers. Dragons are literally meme faggots with their we do not forgive we do not forget shit so they keep attacking the descendants of ishgardians even though they dont know anything about it. To beat the dragons, the ishgard pope went to the floating lab in the sky made by the allagans (oh he also got haurchefant killed). You chased him but the garleans want in on the action too so the shiva girl sacrificed herself. Then you stop the pope and his '12' knights and then forget about the garleans still at the lab. Also, the azure dragoon that you killed in the drg job quest that somehow came back and joined your 'party' along the way got 2 of the big bad dragon eyeballs and got taken over by it. He becomes niddhog and flies off.

There. Saved you the trouble I think. Not worth the sub or even the upfront fee.
>>
I tried the trial around the launch of their expansion and I absolutely hated it. for 20 levels I had like 4 skills, each with a 2.5 second cooldown. story? all my quests was either gathering x amount of items or kill some monsters for no apparent reason. even my conjurer quests was mostly about killing shit, maybe throw in one or two heals on some npcs.

I then learned that in order to access the new content in the expanion (just fucking entering the new zones), I had to go through ALL story quests from the vanilla game. imagine if you buy wow today and you were forced to do 5000 fucking quests before being allowed into legion areas.

I have no idea why this game is so popular on /v/
genuinely no idea.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.