[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FRENCH PEOPLE CANNOT WRITE GAMES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1482517047829540268.png (652 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1482517047829540268.png
652 KB, 1600x900
Anyone else found this part of Life Is Strange episode 5 to be intriguing at first and then immediately falls flat on its face because of the fact it doesn't mean anything?

All it does is seem to ooze this pretentiousness from the devs like they're sitting their in the chairs going "Remember Arsenal Gear?" "Ooh this is spooky" etc.

The way the hallucinations attempt to guilt trip and play into her darkest fears doesn't echo any choices or consequences that the player really had at all, and don't really mean anything to the player but apparently you're supposed to feel guilt about "thinking you're so much better than others" or something.

Also potentially amplified by the shit ending where Max and Chloe zoom through a destroyed town with all their friends whilst smiling and lovingly looking at each other.
>>
Max's voice actor annoys me because she has this weird sort of half-laugh half-asthma attack intonation everytime she talks.
>>
>>322965926
the character annoys me because I could never decide whether or not the writer's understood or were paying up her pretentious attitude. The girl is supposed to be in high school, and yet thinks she lecture those twice her age on how the world works?
>>
>>322966309
Not that I'm defending the game, but high school girls fucking love to lecture people.
>>
>>322966309
Also the Caulfield reference is lazy and cheesy as all fuck.
>>
>>322964812
the guilt trip moments wouldve been effective on any other character that wasn't the conduit for the players emotions

french people like dontnod and david cage are hacks
>>
This is one of the reasons why Remember Me was such a gigantic piece of shit. Great MC, great art style, but HORRIBLE dialogue and story that oscillated between nonsensical and cringeworthy. France is a western country, but their storytelling is goofier than a lot of Japanese-to-English localizations.
>>
Hijacking this thread, are there any good french games aside from Rayman and EYE?
>>
>>322967209
They are the Jap of the West. Just watch their cartoons.
Arkane is breddy gud though. But they have lot of american influence, when offered by todd to make a ninja game, they opt to make it steampunk instead and named it dishonored :^).
>>
>The way the hallucinations attempt to guilt trip and play into her darkest fears doesn't echo any choices or consequences that the player really had at all, and don't really mean anything to the player but apparently you're supposed to feel guilt about "thinking you're so much better than others" or something.

It's meant to show you how insecure and scared Max is of other people. Of course you're not going to feel guilty about abusing time travel to make friends because you aren't Max, Max is Max. And her nightmare does recognise your choices like whether Max kissed Chloe/Warren and what happened to Kate.

>Also potentially amplified by the shit ending where Max and Chloe zoom through a destroyed town with all their friends whilst smiling and lovingly looking at each other.

Yes, because Max was upset and Chloe tried to comfort her. Most people would react the same way.
>>
>>322966629
And considering he was implied to be molested and is dealing with intense depression, comparing her 'problems' to his is fucking stupid.
>>
>>322968219
>insecure and scared of other people

Yet they try and guilt trip her with these generic accusations of elitism like "You think you're sooo cool,"

It tries to be deep but sounds like a fucking Mean Girls quote except the lines in Mean Girls actually had context
>>
isn't France where games like Indigo Prophecy came from?

Their 2deep4u writers seem to think taking 3 or 4 movie plots and mashing them together into a stupid mess is best writing.
>>
File: BTHeader.jpg (285 KB, 1050x700) Image search: [Google]
BTHeader.jpg
285 KB, 1050x700
>>322968219
Except the point is that all the jabbing about Max's personality and Max's intentions just come across as cookie cutter "things that make you feel guilty", like when you didn't eat your food as a kid and your mom mentions something about kids starving in Africa, there's literally nothing explicitly mentioned that should logically make Max or the player feel guilty. It's just bullshit about being popular and smart and Spec Ops: The Line tier bullshit

And they aren't just slightly consoling each other in the scene, their cruising through having the time of their life, I can't believe that ending passed as the final product
>>
File: 1447891327125.jpg (36 KB, 626x304) Image search: [Google]
1447891327125.jpg
36 KB, 626x304
>>322964812
yeah the nightmare bit was constructed to be memorable rather than be consequential or make sense, which is very transparent and a huge waste of time
>>
>>322968942
Monsieur pls
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.