[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sega Saturn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: SegaSaturn.png (33 KB, 485x83) Image search: [Google]
SegaSaturn.png
33 KB, 485x83
I want to buy a Sega Saturn. What are some good games on this system?
>>
Shouldn't it be "I know some cool games for Sega Saturn, where can I get it"?
>>
>>322963863
Dragon Force
Saturn Bomberman
>>
Fighters Megamix
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Cyber Speedway
>>
>>322963863
virtual on get the controller too
>>
>>322963863
Silpheed
Sonic CD
Ecco the Dolphin
Panzer Dragoon series
Fighters MegaMix
>>
>>322963863
Dragon Force
Guardian Heroes
Radiant Silvergun
Shining Force 3
Shining the Holy Ark
Virtual-On
Panzer Dragoon Saga

This covers the best of the Saturn. Each of these are tremendous games.
>>
>>322966893
>Sonic CD
>Ecco the Dolphin
that's sega cd m8 and sega genesis too in the case of ecco
>>
>>322966893
>>322967364
oh yeah i'm really high and got confused

isn't ecco also on saturn?
>>
>>322963863
Bulk Slash is ace as fuck.
shit's expensive these days though
It's my #1 Saturn game though.

as for somewhat cheaper stuff
>Virtual On (controls a bit weird without the twinsticks, but it's totally playable on pad)
>Virtua Fighter 2 (piss cheap and really good)
>Fighting Vipers (love this game)
>really, almost any of Sega's Model 2 arcade ports are pretty cheap and good
>Galactic Attack (got a bit expensive recently though)
>Panzer Dragoon (and Zwei)
>Burning Rangers (JP version, mostly playable without moon but it's a bit harder because of the navigation system)

>>322966752
>tfw can't justify the controller to myself because money
>>
>>322968068
not that i remember, ecco 2 was on cd only and then there's the dreamcast game
oh and the game gear one

>>322968304
me neither, isn't there a controller type that resembles the twinsticks though? i was sure it had one
>>
>>322963863
A ton of the good games are either rare, expensive, or japan-only. Be prepared for that.

Personally, I recommend installing a modchip so you can play burned games, and also getting an action replay to get rid of region locking and acting as a 4MB expansion (there are a lot of fighitng games that use it, also irem stuff) as well as being a better alternative to the internal battery-backup save system.

The modchip is easy to install. Only need to solder the power line to the power supply. It's braindead simple.

As for games, check out the recommended vidya wiki. But in general, it has tons of great 2D stuff, especially shmups and fighting games. Also panzer dragoon, which is like starfox but you're riding a fucking dragon instead of piloting a starfighter.
>>
Saturn Bomberman
Virtual On
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.