[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amplitude
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: amplitude.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
amplitude.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
This is out, finally. For anyone who hasn't played, it's a high-scoring rhythm game out for the PS4. It's somewhat similar to Rock Band, but more arcadey and more focused on streaks and such, less on "simulation" or whatever.

The soundtrack has grown on me, despite not liking it initially. It's got a decent mix of songs, despite not being quite as good as the first game. Content besides the 30 song playlist is severely lacking though and they said they have no plans for DLC, which sucks.

Still trying to beat all songs on expert to unlock super. Anyone playing? Tips? I've unlocked all the songs, beaten them all on advanced, about half done on insane.

Also what does it mean when the bars turn orange (for scores)?
>>
PC version when? I know the OP is an obvious shill but I am actually interested in the game.

How does it stack up compared to bemani series like IIDX, Pop'n, SDVX, and DDR?
>>
>>322956881
looks slow and boring
>>
>>322957096
I am not in any way a shill. I didn't even back the kickstarter, but I was a huge fan of amplitude back in the day on PS2. PC never, because sony owns the IP unfortunately.

And I haven't played half those games other than DDR. I like it more than DDR because it's controller based (but I loved DDR back in the day).
>>
>>322957301
Man, I was going to link you a video of someone playing a faster song on a harder difficulty but there is nothing on youtube yet.
>>
Oh shit, this is out?

Loved the PS2 version. Song listing looks pretty shitty, though.

>Content besides the 30 song playlist is severely lacking though
Does it still have the "create your own beat" mode? You could make that ridiculous pretty quickly, but it was still fun.
>>
>>322957801
Nope, that was my favorite part of the original.

>go to friend's houses
>play versus remix mode
>just hit random notes
>1/5 times actually get it

That was super fun.

But yeah, this version of Amplitude is super barebones. Just the songs/difficulties, not really anything else to unlock (except "freq mode").
>>
I just played the demo last night.

Reminded me of when I played the PS2 demo for amplitude that came on some starter disc or something. Loved that thing to hell.

This def feels like a flashier improvement, but i'm a bit worried about the track list. The songs on the demo were just okay, but not that gripping.

Still, I'll keep my eye on it. It is for sure more appealing atm than Rock Band/ Guitar Hero.
>>
>>322957339
>And I haven't played IIDX
Your opinion on any rhythm game is worthless as you have zero credibility. Get the fuck out and delete your thread.
>>
How much is it?
>>
>>322958241
Yea, I felt that way when I started playing. You know that feeling when you fucking hated the soundtrack in sonic adventure 2? And then 10 hours later you were all like "GOTTA FOLLOW MY RAINBOW!"? That's how I'm starting to feel now, after playing for ~6 hours or so. There's also some decent variety with some of the songs you unlock.
>>
File: RFBl6NU.png (44 KB, 127x164) Image search: [Google]
RFBl6NU.png
44 KB, 127x164
>>322956881
>>322957801
>>322958060
>>322958241
>>322958385
Holy fucking shit could you shill any harder? Resetting your IP just to shill? Jesus fucking christ, anon. I love rhythm games and I'll probably get amplitude but could you atleast TRY to post like a /v/irgin?
>>
>>322958385
$20. If you've played/enjoyed amplitude, it's worth it. If you're a big fan of rhythm games, it's probably worth it. Otherwise try the demo because it's a tossup. 2/3 friends that played it didn't have any interest, but they're pretty casual anyway and don't like rhythm games.
>>
File: shill.png (126 KB, 658x312) Image search: [Google]
shill.png
126 KB, 658x312
Are you being serious? I can never tell anymore.
>>
>>322959052
oops, that was meant to respond to >>322958652
>>
>>322958869
>If you're a big fan of rhythm games, it's probably worth it.
Western rhythm game fans or ACTUAL rhythm game fans, the ones who play games like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TslDo_PKTKQ ?

There's a big difference, because western rhythm game fans play baby shit and I don't want to play baby shit.

>>322959052
Are you literally retarded? I already said that you're resetting your IP. You're literally the same poster as the others, you're just using a different proxy.
>>
File: 1367548611752.gif (1 MB, 342x239) Image search: [Google]
1367548611752.gif
1 MB, 342x239
So it's like Audiosurf without being able to use your own music?
>>
>>322959338
Not even the shill OP but audiosurf isn't a fucking rhythm game you faggot.
>>
>>322959338
Audiosurf is a puzzle game. This is a rhythm game.
>>
>>322959210
Not a clue. I'm a casual "rhythm game fan", so I don't know if this will appeal to someone who enjoys IIDX. I loved OSU, EBA, Rhythm Heaven, Amplitude, DDR, Guitar Hero/Rock band, etc.

Again, I'm not shilling or resetting my IP. I am sitting on my couch sipping a protein shake under a blanket. I have absolutely no ties to Harmonix, nor have I backed the kickstarter.
>>
>>322959338
A little bit, sorta. I found audiosurf to be awful. Actually, I don't think I've ever found a game that uses your own music to be effective.

Just download the demo to see.
>>
>>322959743
Come on man, you're trying so hard. You might as well admit it, it's not like anyone's going to not buy the game because of your shitty marketing tactics. It already has my buy because I'm genuinely interested in it and it already appeals to a certain niche who's going to buy it anyway.
>>
>>322960027
I give up
>>
Has anyone actually been playing it?
>>
File: 1397832392021.jpg (602 KB, 2000x1189) Image search: [Google]
1397832392021.jpg
602 KB, 2000x1189
Bump
>>
Downloading the demo atm.

Hope I like it :D

And they dont put it on sale a week after I buy it at full price (always fucking happens)
>>
>>322962885
It'll probably be on PS+ sometime soon.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.