[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this game any good? Thinking about playing it on PC since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10
File: dragon_age_inquisition1.jpg (201 KB, 1200x1380) Image search: [Google]
dragon_age_inquisition1.jpg
201 KB, 1200x1380
Was this game any good? Thinking about playing it on PC since I'm on winter break. Sell me on this game /v/.
>>
>>322953251
>Bioware games
>good
>>
4/10
>>
Singeplayer mmo
>>
It's okay. Graphics aren't very good on ps3
>>
Well, fuck. None of you guys are very encouraging. I need something to play but I'll skip this I think.
>>
Its good Didn't pay attention to the memes
>>
>>322955270
Its a good game pay no mind there witcher 3 fanboys
>>
Its fucking awful. Extremely unpolished, plays like a singleplayer f2p mmo, fucking horrible armour design, fucking everyone's hair looks super oily and shit. Its unbearable.
>>
Protip, OP: NEVER ask for /v/'s opinion on WRPGs.
>>
>>322953251
I'm having a hard time to enjoy the game. For the most part it's fine, but the combat system is REALLY off-putting for me.

Search for "dragon age inquisition" in the Origin client, you should find a trial version which is essentially a demo. Alternatively pirate the game to test it if you intend on buying it.
>>
>>322955545
both inquisition and witcher 3 are shit rpgs, if you cant see that then you have a very limited game knowledge. back to reddit.
>>
Do your own research you sad sack of shit
>>
File: 1450342001989.gif (1 MB, 480x286) Image search: [Google]
1450342001989.gif
1 MB, 480x286
>>322956043
>>
>>322953251
If you have really low standards and need a time sink, it's alright. One or two of the party members are interesting but aside from that it's pretty mediocre all around.
>>
>>322956208
You're right, I should read reviews which are always a great source of information and are always correct!
>>
>>322956208
i bet youre really fat and ugly
>>
>>322956384
What epic games do you play
>>
>>322956831
In the middle of kotor 2 at the moment.
>>
>>322953251
I just finished this so let me sum it up.

- Only one or two interesting party members, others are boring or stupid.
- Huge zones with nothing on them, you'll find yourself wanting to do all the quests when you begin, but will soon be overwhelmed by so many "find x item" quests, and a system like skyrim with unlimited quests.
- You need power points to unlock areas, which take time to grind if you just want to get it over fast, which you cant.
- Facebook tier minigames that have you wait real time to complete.
- Combat is fun but the lack of interesting skills make it boring after a while.
- UNLIMITED SPAWNS, even if you move slightly away, a new group will respawn in the area you just cleared, and no you can't grind them because the loots suck and the xp is very low.
- Nice grafix but shit animation make this game fun to watch during cinematics.
>>
>>322958115
Okay, just sounds kind of mediocre and time/DA2 killed my interest in the "lore" of this game. I'll work on my handheld backlog instead. Thanks for the in depth info.
>>
>>322958115
>no you can't grind them because the loots suck and the xp is very low.
And they'll actually just stop giving xp at all if you're a certain number of levels over them
>>
File: 1451768785682.jpg (129 KB, 920x1206) Image search: [Google]
1451768785682.jpg
129 KB, 920x1206
>>322954672
>singleplayer Massive Multiplayer Online game
>>
>>322959195
I never noticed that because at some point I just wanted to end so fast, I never revisited the low level zones.
>>
Nah man it's bad this isn't even coming from a /v/irgin just some normal fag who browses /v/ from time to time. The game plays like a single player mmo the combat mechanics are really bland yet try too hide it with overly flashy animations. The game has a kind of tactical overview that doesn't really work so well. The companion AI is stupid, the character models are awful and the game just looks awful. Everything's covered in like a layer of oil. The cutscene animations are an embarrassment. for the most part. You'll spend your time grinding through fetch quest after fetch quest directed by notes that you find around the map because they couldn't afford to hire actual VA's to voice NPC's so they just used notes you find on corpses and shit. The stories shit and the plots Saturday morning cartoon tier. So don't think that you'll be rewarded after grinding for 7 plus hours. The companions are alright but I found three of'em really annoying. They also butt fuck DA lore to no ends and try promoting an agenda probably my two biggest complaints with the game.
>>
>>322959397

Embarassing, back to reddit you go.
>>
>>322959397
Yeah man it seriously feels like that.
>>
>>322953251
Dorian is best waifu
>>
>Spend the entire game doing the cristal skull quests
>Enemies guarding the hall are easy as fuck
>Some gold that didn't matter anymore because I spent the whole fucking game doing the quest and was loaded already
>Quest reward is a random purple item

FUCKING HELL. Golden Sun Dullahan quest took me two fucking games to finish and it wasn't that fucking boring.
>>
File: 1436417569884.jpg (26 KB, 150x188) Image search: [Google]
1436417569884.jpg
26 KB, 150x188
>>322961043
thanks for reminding me about the awful jumping puzzles in a game that was clearly not designed to have jumping puzzles
>>
File: 1419269618144.jpg (126 KB, 960x534) Image search: [Google]
1419269618144.jpg
126 KB, 960x534
>>322953251
>playing bioware games
>after EA happened
No.
>>
>>322961291
>using the lowest possible settings
I mean, she's never going to look good. You don't need to try this hard to prove Triss is better.
>>
>>322961710
that's actually medium settings throughout.
>>
>ME3
>All plotlines coming to an end
>Everything coming togheter to a grand and shitty conclusion

>DA:I
>Dozens of plotlines spawned
>Don't give a shit about any of them because BioWare can A) overwrite my choices B) make me play a different character in the next game
>Anticlimactic as fuck conclusion, wasted opportunity to show the Maker or Andraste
>>
File: 1371149065250.jpg (241 KB, 468x490) Image search: [Google]
1371149065250.jpg
241 KB, 468x490
>>322962364
I feel bad for anyone that willingly subjects themselves to modern bioware.
>>
>>322953251
>tfw couldn't choose between Champ, Temp, or Reav
>went Reav because I already had Cass and Black, while Iron is a faggot who can go kill himself(he even has a feminine tevinter twink as his buttboi

Its weird, I never had trouble with this before. Reaver for my dual wielding warrior in DAO was an easy choice, it seemed right with the whole "consumption=power" theme. In DA2 I went with a Blood Mage Hawke, which also seemed right.

In DAI, Templar seems like an off choie because even though they had the more sympathetic storyline, it also made a point of how much it sucks to be a lyrium addict. Champion, in retrospect, seems like a decent choice. I just chose Reaver because I needed a DPS role, and hate Sera and Cole(both feel like a deviant art donutsteel).
>>
>>322962567
I think the worst part of ME3 is that it wasn't a bad game. Both gameplay and story were a step up from ME2. Too bad that the end came.
>>
>>322953251
>tfw my DAO and DA2 save states didn't port over to my main DAI save for some reason
>tfw the warden is now canonically dead in my main save state for some reason

I made Loghain redeem himself and made Alistar the king. I figured that it was the best way to do it.
>>
>>322959397
Use your brain next time fag
>>
File: 5cRTwZj.png (216 KB, 749x557) Image search: [Google]
5cRTwZj.png
216 KB, 749x557
>>322962364
I still like the mass effects games and i will probaly buy the new one because i like the universe alot.

DA:I is a mixed bag, i like a decent amount the characters (i was surprised by how decently dorian was written despite his quest being dumb) sera is bad and awful. the main story is weak which sucks because i like how ambiguas bioware has been about whether the Maker is real or not. so i am glad they dont show him or try to pull a star trek final frontier. the gameplay is ok but their is way to much grinding for every considerable thing. I would say if you played the other 2, pick up the "goty" edition when its cheap. or just get the witcher 3 which is a better game.
>>
>>322962767
actualy i think the twink is a chick, it just dresses like a dude or some shit. idk whatever.

but i went champion because i always role two handed giant sword dude in heavy armor.
>>
>>322963510
You have to make all you decisions on DragonKeep.
>>
>>322956043

Let me guess, the only better RPG you can recommend is some weeb moe shit?
>>
mediocre. lazy DLC. just play origins
>>
Coming to /v/ for opinions
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 801x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 801x534
>>322966071
Forgot pic
>>
>>322953251
https://www.skidrowreloaded.com/dragon-age-inquisition-deluxe-edition/
Just pirate it you goon.
>>
It's decent if you go in with 0 expectations and leave (forgot the name) the first map as soon as possible, instead of trying to finish up all the quests. I went in expecting shit, but was surprised that it wasn't THAT bad. Has a few interesting things and fighting the dragons is fun. Plus there is some chuckle worthy laughter to be had with the dialogue.
>>
>>322953251
I liked it but I get an unusual amount of pleasure in crafting cool shit and getting good loot
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 1920x1080
>>322956384
Jean Valjean was my favorite I always yell 24601 when he reveals his identity
>>
>>322954932
Duh?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.