[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which franchise do you feel got screwed over the most with representation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 24
File: 2876546579.jpg (151 KB, 1024x655) Image search: [Google]
2876546579.jpg
151 KB, 1024x655
Which franchise do you feel got screwed over the most with representation in this game?
>>
DK, Zelda, and Metroid.
>>
Fire Emblem obviously.

Ice Climbers
>>
>>322948686
Oh, and Star Fox too I guess.
>>
Fire Emblem.

Even though there's a lot of characters they're all pretty awful choices aside from Ike. Sakurai has shit taste.
>>
>>322948686
who would Zelda even get? Tetra might be cool but people would just scream about a third Zelda
>>
Star Fox. Honestly would love this game if rep. wasn't unbalanced. Essenstially Mario vs. Fire Emblem.
>>
>>322948972
Ganon, Midna, Tingle. Tetra or even Toon Zelda would be fine as long as she has a unique moveset. Toon Link has been in enough games that he could have a moveset of his own. Dorf could at the very least have moves like his side smash changed so they're not just ripped straight from Falcon.

Plenty they could do.
>>
No franchise deserves more represantation than some other franchise, it's just that FE has more potential characters than most other series.

Smash 4 has a lot of problems and the roster isn't one of them
>>
>>322948972
The movesets themselves of zelda characters m8
Tink could have had potential
Ganondorf alone shouldve been different since brawl
>>
File: SSB4_-_Gust_Bellows.jpg (155 KB, 864x486) Image search: [Google]
SSB4_-_Gust_Bellows.jpg
155 KB, 864x486
>>322948686
DK and Metroid I kinda can understand but I don't see the huge problem with Zelda.

Yeah sure, it didn't get a character or whatever, but it got a bunch of new items, assist trophies, stages, a decent amount of Smash Run enemies, etc
>>
>>322948686

>>>>>DK

Lets not be dillusional here, DK and Diddy are the most important in their franchise and they kept getting buffs, Diddy is easily top tier

>Zelda

Shiek and Zelda have been seperated, your an idiot

>Metroid

Not having another rep doesnt mean shit
>>
Impa. Maybe either of Cia or Lana from Hyrule Warriors.

To answer OP's question, Donkey Kong. It didn't even get an Assist Trophy (unlike Metroid, which got two, or Star Fox, who got one).
>>
>>322948972
You're going to get answers like Darunia and Medley, some other one-off garbage because /v/ are huge contrarians that want only obscure characters

The only answers are Tetra, Toon Ganon, Pig Ganon, Tingle, or Impa
>>
>>322948972
Zant
>>
File: kermitface.png (48 KB, 239x188) Image search: [Google]
kermitface.png
48 KB, 239x188
>>322951337
You know, playable characters aren't the only way a series can be represented in Smash.

And in that regard, DK DID get screwed over pretty hard. Only one new stage, no assist trophy at all, no new items, etc. All it basically got in terms of new content was Jungle Hijinx on Wii U and some music tracks I guess. Zelda was atleast treated well enough outside of characters as noted here >>322951035

Even Metroid atleast got three assist trophies to itself.
>>
>>322948220
Chibi Robo.
>>
>>322948972
>>322951393
V A A T I
A
A
T
I
>>
>Zelda
>four games released between Brawl and Sm4sh
>still the same four characters (but one of them has been split in two for hardware reasons)
>two of them are still shitty clones
>three new assist trophies from the series, all of which would have been amazing as playable characters
No, it's fine. It's not like the Zelda series is your biggest selling franchise, Nintendo. It's fine. I'm fine.
>>
Metroid purely because Ridley isn't playable already
>>
DK, easily. It's one of Nintendo's top 5 franchises but they treat it like shit, presumably because they are salty that only Western devs have managed to make good games for it.
>>
>>322952290
>>322952290
>still the same as Brawl

That's all Melees fault. We went with 1 character in SSB, to 5 in Melee. Melee should have only had 3 in Melee, Link, Zelda, and Ganon
>>
File: Ice-Climbers.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Ice-Climbers.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
I still miss them.
>>
>>322952290
Daddy Sakurai just wants to put his shitty characters on a pedestal and he doesn't hide it well. He's probably just upset he can't make a franchise as well-liked as zelda
>>
The answer is actually Wario. Goddamn his moveset is fucking atrocious and has almost nothing to do with his actual character.
>>
File: renyo.jpg (25 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
renyo.jpg
25 KB, 256x256
>>322952290
>>322953408
it's more like zelda just doesn't have enough important playable characters.

the way the series is structured is just unusual. it's sort of an anthology series like fire emblem, with different characters, worlds, settings, etc each game but like mario it has a small cast of reoccuring main characters, those three being link, zelda, and ganondorf. most everyone else is just a one-off character exclusive to their respective game they came from. ghirahim, midna, etc won't be in anymore mainline zelda games, so why would they throw them in smash as playable characters, putting them on the same level as the main characters that are actually relevant to the series as a whole?

sheik is the one exception to all this because she got in as the alternate form of the second most important character from the series in melee, and as shown by >>322953175, heads will roll when a two game veteran is cut, so sheik stays.

toon link's just there because starting with melee, sakurai felt it was important to have a child link. i guess that kinda makes sense, considering the very first game in the series and many other titles later had link as a kid. toon link's the most notable kid link at this point, due to having his own line of games.
>>
File: Ganon Specials.png (1 MB, 900x1519) Image search: [Google]
Ganon Specials.png
1 MB, 900x1519
>>322948220
Zelda, easily.

>literally the same roster for 3 games and 14 years now
>Two Links with identical moves
>Two Zeldas, the ninja one should have been replaced by Impa long ago like Lucario replaced Mewtwo in Brawl
>Ganondorf is still a fucking clone
>Minda, Skull Kid and Ghirahim are all Assists when all 3 would make for a great actual character addition
>Gerudo Valley is pretty much the only Zelda stage worth a damn since Great Bay and its stuck on 3DS
>Still using Twilight Princess designs, not giving an option for alts when characters like fucking Lil Mac, ZSS and Shulk get alts
>Zelda gets Spirit Tracks attack added despite not being Toon Zelda, Sheik gets more made up moves but Ganondorf can't even get a magic volleyball and Toon Link doesn't get anything from Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, Minish Cap or WW just to further differentiate the two links
>Nintendo considers this their #2 franchise, even if Pokemon sells more, but no one gets on Sakurai's ass to do it justice
>fucking Fire Emblem has more reps now

It's utter bullshit. A real Ganon would go a long way honestly.
>>
>>322954363
>>Still using Twilight Princess designs, not giving an option for alts when characters like fucking Lil Mac, ZSS and Shulk get alts

I think this one bothers me the most for some reason, and its almost entirely due to the starting SS outfit colors. If you look at it for more than 2 seconds, you'll realize just how shit a job that one is, its fucking ugly as sin. Meanwhile they do actual proper alts with just about everyone else. Its fucking weird.

What I would have liked out of Sm4sh for Link would have been the 2 other Twilight Princess armours at the very least since at their core they were just tunics but with some extra flair to them. But nah, lets just give him 4 recolors, a Dark Link and Fierce Deity semi alt and a shit paintjob of the SS garb.
>>
>>322955775
What I would pay for Smash alts. I don't get why only Miis got them. Wouldn't they be easy money for Nintendo too?
>>
>>322954363
>>Two Zeldas, the ninja one should have been replaced by Impa long ago like Lucario replaced Mewtwo in Brawl
That's... actually a good idea. I can't believe I never thought of that.
>>
>>322956441
It's not a good idea because Lucario never fucking replaced Mewtwo.

Mewtwo just wasn't in Brawl. They have one kinda similar move and thats it. The only character to truly be replaced between games is Young Link, considering Toon Link is generally the same concept.
>>
>>322957349
All their specials overlap. It's obviously not a clone, but Mewtwo clearly informed Lucario, like how Blackheart informed Dormammu in MvC.

Impa shouldn't be a clone, but a "replacement" with similar moves.
>>
Ice Climbers, DK, Star Fox, Metroid.
>>
>>322948686
>>322951035
>>322951337
>>322951683
>>322952480
>>322958101

>DK

HAHAH YOU FUCKS WILL NEVER GET K ROOL

NEVER EVER

why didn't we get him? Does Sakurai hate DK?
>>
>>322957859
>All their specials overlap.

what

Mewtwo's Up B: A teleport
Lucario's Up B: Launch superfast in a certain direction

Mewtwo's Side B: A reflector
Lucario's Side B: A command grab

Mewtwo's Down B: Stun
Lucario's Down B: A counter

None of these are anything alike.
>>
File: 1443388207233.png (21 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
1443388207233.png
21 KB, 508x610
>>322948220
Indieshit
>>
>>322957859
>all their specials overlap
>teleport and extremespeed are the same move
>force palm and confusion are the same move
>disable is the same thing as a counter
>>
>muh representation

Is Smash Bros. the GOAT series for people with victim and persecution complexes to gather? I feel like with the addition of Mega Man it can't be beat in that regard.
>>
>>322956264
Because they haven't gone full jew yet. With Smash 5's new wave of Amiibos they will be used to unlock alt costumes. So you'll need $700 just to unlock all the costumes in the game. Screencap this.
>>
OK V/ it's time to smash
ID: 68680858326623
Pass: rage
3 stock
5 minuets
No items
Start is 20
>>
File: sm4sh.jpg (81 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
sm4sh.jpg
81 KB, 500x475
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>322959082
I swear, these people act like this is some kind of senate or a workplace that's not applying enough affirmative action. They're the worst kind of rosterfag because they don't really care about characters, just that each series is properly represented by the right number of characters.
>>
>>322950423
>FE has more potential fighters than most other franchises
Pokemon has over 800 and has the same amount of reps as weebshit emblem.
>>
>>322959875
>Opinions
>Evidence
Gb2 Super Smash Bros. FoxOnlee
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (217 KB, 1280x309) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
217 KB, 1280x309
These are the characters that I would eliminate from the initial roster.

I'm not taking into consideration how "unique" as Sakurai likes to say they are as fighters. I'm talking from a pure Series representation stand point.

Rosalina and Bowser Jr. are over kill for Super Mario. They nailed it with Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Yoshi (you could even lump Wario in too) Rosalina and Bowser Jr. are just unnecessary secondary characters that add nothing but fodder to the roster. I would reconsider Bowser Jr. as he also brings the Koopalings, but for now he's grayed out.

Robin? Complete non-entity just like the majority of FE characters. He's not even the most interesting character in Awakening.

Lucario needs to fucking go. Nobody cares about Lucario, and having him replace Mewtwo in brawl was a mistake. There should only be 2 locked pokemon Character slots. Pikachu and Mewtwo. Jigglypuff is an unnecessary joke character. A more interesting Pokemon could easily sooth the wound of losing a veteran character.

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina? Roster padding plain and simple. I don't care about how easy they are to develop. I'll take 1 newcomer instead of 3 clones. Make them Costume swaps and be done with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 558x483) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 558x483
>>322961910
>removing Jiggs

No fuck you. You're not taking my seventeen year main away.
>>
>>322961910
bait
>>
File: K Rool.jpg (51 KB, 740x340) Image search: [Google]
K Rool.jpg
51 KB, 740x340
>>
>>322962362
Didn't you hear? A Mii Fighter outfit based on K. Rool was released as DLC!
>>
Mr. Game and Watch.
>>
File: Krystal,.png (197 KB, 640x498) Image search: [Google]
Krystal,.png
197 KB, 640x498
>>
>>322962570
/thread
>>
>>322962209

Fuck your main. You can get a new one. I'd rather get a different starter Pokemon from a different region or some other awesome Pokemon than some shitter Pinkball that hasn't been relevant since the original run of the Anime. The only reason it got in was because they already had kirby, so you put 2 and 2 together.
>>
>>322962209
>Maining Jiggs
Dude YES!!
Le epic pink poofballe of doome xDDD
FEAR HER!!!
>>
>>322958671
>up b allows you to move in an upwards direction where you arc it
>side b is a grab first, even if mewtwo's can reflect in addition to the grab

The only one you're right on is the down b and even then they're both defensive moves.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 919x720
>>322963048
Fuck off faggot, I legit enjoy playing the character.

>>322962993
Too bad, it's here to stay and there's not a damn thing you can do to change it. Original twelve, bitch.
>>
>>322961910
>keeps Marf
>axes Robin
>axes BJ
>keeps Toon Link
Literally go fuck yourself man.
>>
Star Fox
Donkey Kong
WarioWare
>>
>>322961910
>Bowser Jr
Perfectly fine addition, Mario was getting smaller due to other series getting more reps, so it deserved another rep to stay on top.

>Robin
Magic User, MU from the most popular game in the series, isn't Chrom. 4 FE reps are fine.

>Lucario
Gamefreak's Lightning. You're projecting your opinion of Lucario onto everyone. Anybody who thinks Mewtwo was replaced by Lucario is just plain stupid.

>Complaining about Clone Slots
The development time for 3 clones is nowhere near the time it takes for 1 newcomer. You either get the clones or you get nobody.
>>
>>322963245

Nah. It's days are numbered. She's going the Ice Climber route and fucking right off next game faggot.
>>
>>322963659
You do realize why the Ice Climbers got axed right?
>>
File: Saki.jpg (45 KB, 419x360) Image search: [Google]
Saki.jpg
45 KB, 419x360
>>
>>322961910
All of the exclusions you made seem very opinionated. There's no reason to remove any of the characters you listed. They bring something unique to the cast, and the clones were going to be in the game anyway via alternate costumes. Might as well break them off and make them separate, I wish they did that for Alph.
>>
File: BLOODY HELL LIONEL.gif (101 KB, 880x556) Image search: [Google]
BLOODY HELL LIONEL.gif
101 KB, 880x556
>>322963659
>She's going the Ice Climber route

So you're saying the NX hardware is going to be so shit it won't be able to run Jigglypuff? Guess every character's getting cut then.
>>
>>322963659
>Before Brawl, people thought Jiggs would get cut.
>She didn't.

>Before Sm4sh, people thought Jiggs would get cut.
>She didn't.

>Now, before a new Smash is even announced, people think Jiggs will be cut.
>She won't.
>>
>>322963245
I love JiggLEpuff's character too, /b/ro!
Beating on people with a f*cking puffball makes me LOL every time.
>>
Undertale
>>
>>322963907
>>322964041

Here come the JigglyApologists. I bet your favorite Pokemon is Lopunny you fags.
>>
>>322964041
To be fair, Jiggs was actually pretty close to being cut.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/17/sakuraibrawlquestions/

I don't expect her to be cut due to the ease of developing her but it's kinda obvious Sakurai sees her as sort of a lower priority compared to the other N64 veterans. And I kinda see why. She isn't the main character of her games or really that popular a Pokemon mascot these days outside of Smash.
>>
>Nintendo is purposely neglecting K.Rool and Krystal in an effort to erase Rare's contribution to Nintendo.
>>
>>322964650
To be fair, they keep Diddy around and sometimes the other kongs like Dixie and Cranky.
>>
>>322949553
People are mad about fire emblem characters but want 2 links, 2 ganons and like 5 zeldas.
>>
>>322964862
>They change Diddy's hat from a Rare logo to a Nintendo Logo
>The Cranky in Returns and Tropical Freeze isn't the same cranky as in the originals.
>>
>>322965102

>Comparing Zelda to FE

Come on Anon. Don't be retarded. FE is barely a C-Lister.
>>
>>322965102
If Lucina and Roy weren't in the game nobody would complain
>>
>>322965232
>They change Diddy's hat from a Rare logo to a Nintendo Logo

Well yeah, what do you expect? Why would they keep a logo to a company that they 100% don't own anymore? You don't see the Playstation logo on any of Nintendo's characters.

>The Cranky in Returns and Tropical Freeze isn't the same cranky as in the originals.

Different writers.
>>
>>322965296
There are people that think Ike is a Marth clone, so no, the complaining wouldn't stop.
>>
File: Golden Sun.jpg (970 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Golden Sun.jpg
970 KB, 1680x1050
Golden Sun got shafted.
>>
>>322948972
Ghirahim nigga
>>
>>322966193
How many blonde anime swordsman can one game have before you're satisfied?
>>
Ice Climbers was a ridiculously unpopular title and didn't deserve to be recognized at all

Fire Emblem at least had the decency to have fans despite the fact that all of them were Japanese
>>
>>322960192
The Pokémon Company must be very strict with which Pokémon get into the game. Blaziken is the most popular and advertised of the Hoenn starters and even he couldn't make it into Smash!
>>
Donkey Kong, metroid and star fox.
>>
>>322966193
But Golden Sun is actual shit
>>
>>322948220
Not even a mii costume
>>
>>322964650
>it's okay for Rare to kill off the mascot Donkey Kong Jr

>It's not okay for Nintendo to kill a throwaway villain
>>
File: Sylux.png (407 KB, 534x552) Image search: [Google]
Sylux.png
407 KB, 534x552
>>
>>322951337
He wasn't talking about "which characters are top tier".
He was talking about series representation. You know, stages, items, characters, music, etc.
>>
>>322967147
101 would have been perfect for mii costumes desu.
>>
>>322964390
You're really angry about jigglypuff huh :^)
>>
How does Donkey Kong have a bad representation? 2 characters and like 4 stages with 30 songs is fine.
>>
>>322952290
>It's not like the Zelda series is your biggest selling franchise, Nintendo
It really isn't though.
>>
>>322961910
>I would reconsider Bowser Jr. as he also brings the Koopalings
Why would that make any difference, they're smaller than he is
>>
>>322968349
>1 new stage which is exclusive to Wii U
>3 recycled stages, including one of the worst in Smash history
>for 3DS it's just 1 stage total
>no new characters
>no assist trophies at all
>a DLC Mii costume for K. Rool

Wow, you're right. Such amazing treatment.
>>
>>322971669
>>no new characters
>>no assist trophies at all
What is there to even add?
>>
File: Dixie.jpg (5 KB, 160x213) Image search: [Google]
Dixie.jpg
5 KB, 160x213
>>322973229
Yeah it's not like the return of a certain character for the first time in close to 20 years was a major selling point of the most recent Donkey Kong game or anything
>>
>>322973517
I think this game has enough clones
>>
>>322958671
>their up bs both move them upwards
>side bs are oriented to the side
>down b use pokemon magic

C L O N E S
L
O
N
E
S
>>
>>322973830
if Sakuria can pull out some bullshit for Dragon McElfboygirl then surely he could of given Dixie, one of the most iconic platform characters of the 90's.
>>
>>322973229
>characters
K. Rool, Dixie.

>assist
Funky, Cranky, Rambi.
>>
>>322974686
Just like he did with Ganondorf?
>>
>>322974739
the only reason you want k rool is because of the muh villains' meme

why not just add Cyrus, Black Knight and Dr. Wily
>>
File: 1451794349178.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1451794349178.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>>322961910
I see someone is still butthurt
>>
File: 1451807031434.png (19 KB, 440x537) Image search: [Google]
1451807031434.png
19 KB, 440x537
DK got screwed over pretty hard no matter how you look at it. It was fresh off of a game that sold more than SS, FE:A, and KI:U combined while having a new game being made while smash was being made featuring the return of a fan favorite. It got jack shit though
>>
>>322975281
Because Black Shadow, Bulborb, and General Scales are better.
>>
>>322975653
>not wham bam jewel, hades and metal face

???
>>
>>322948220

COUNT THEM

>58 FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS

LOL
>>
>>322961910
keep bowser jr and I agree
>>
>>322952290
>It's not like the Zelda series is your biggest selling franchise
It's not even top 3
>>
>>322961910
I'm glad repfags aren't in charge of the series.
For all his flaws, sakurai is much better than this shit.
>>
>>322964456
>the one control scheme nobody uses is why l cancelling was removed
Haah waaw
>>
>>322948972
pig ganon, trident and all is the most sensible choice because then you have
>2 links
>2 zeldas
>2 ganons
>>
Ice Climber, StarTropics, Balloon Fighter, Clu Clu Land, Pro Wrestling, Mach Rider, Urban Champion, and Wrecking Crew.
>>
Ice Climber for being cut due to the 3DS version.

Takamaru, Saki, and Sabel Prince for not being on the roster.

Isaac and Ray for being removed from the Assist Trophies and having no mention whatsoever.

Donkey Kong for nothing except one new stage and eight more versions of Jingle fucking Hijinx.

Metroid for still having Samus x2 for reps.

Star Fox for losing Wolf.
>>
>surprised stagnant IPs are getting more stagnant in Smash
scratching my head homies
>>
The only correct answer here is Golden Sun.
>>
>>322975281
>hurr the only reason you want anything is because of memes that I say you want :D~

Is it that impossible for you to undestand that people like things you don't?
>>
File: IMG-20160106-WA0013.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160106-WA0013.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>Ridleyfags and Dixie/Crankyfags still BTFO
>>
>>322980336
>stagnant IPs

Tropical Freeze came out during Smash 4's development. Star Fox Zero and Federation Force started being worked on during its development.
>>
Dunno, but I'm still pissed that the Kalos League stage didn't have the Elite 4 battle theme.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.