[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long has this been happening? I log on for the first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: ToR.png (791 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ToR.png
791 KB, 1024x576
How long has this been happening? I log on for the first time in around a year, to see only 90 people on the imperial fleet of the Prophecy of Five server. A once thriving server.

Is it finally happening? Is the PvP just dying completely in this game now? I see more people on fucking SWGEMU. How can they fix this?
>>
>>322946398
people still play this shit?
>>
>>322946398
>How can they fix this?
By making it so a Sorcerer or Sage can't fight 3 people at once.
>>
The game was doomed from the start. Terrible engine, developers that clearly didn't want to make an MMO, it had nothing going for it.
>>
I still can't believe people stuck with their subscriptions and bought enough copies to still make this game profitable.
>>
>>322946464
Apparently very few. 1 PvE server is doing okay. After seeing the new movie I decided to pop in and get my SW buzz craved. Now it's just dead. It's not even a game that begs to be played with less than a medium filled server.
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 1043x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 1043x520
>>322946398
We got like 170 ppl fleet on tofn, pvp ques are instant during the vending and take 5-8 mins during morning.

Shit server you play in
>>
>>322946548
fucking this. why the fuck would you make an MMO where you're locked away in your garri- I mean spaceship away from all other players 90% of the time.

also the game ran like fucking ass when it came out and last I heard it still does.

also P2W as fuckyou literally have to pay to run faster

its a carbon fucking copy of WoW except somehow it makes WoW look way more appealing in comparison, right down to the class abilities its a copy paste.
>>
>>322946707
you're playing an mmo with a dead playerbase that costed over 300mil to make that is mostly singleplayer gameplay with awful voice acting and terrible traditional bioware writing.

you're playing a shit game jack.
>>
>>322946917
Because the only activity I want with other players is to kill them and get the satisfaction of their defeat since I am not a dumb retard to feel satisfied by killing a dumb computer with big size monster.

Plus I like the progression elements.
>>
File: RIP.jpg (72 KB, 1235x223) Image search: [Google]
RIP.jpg
72 KB, 1235x223
>>322946707
You're trying to pass this off as thriving m8
>>
>>322947241
>the only pvp servers have light populations

DEAD GAME
E
A
D

G
A
M
E
>>
>>322947163
If that were the case you would play an MMO where the PvP is actually meaningful and people actually lose something when they fail.
>>
>>322947241
How come game developers don't modify their server load to make it sound busier than it is?

For example, if on release when it was popular and 5k made it a "heavy load" and now today it barely hits 1k, why can't they set it so 700 users = heavy?

It's better than leaving it as it is so all your servers appear empty.
>>
>>322947851
Pvp has its own satisfaction retard, go pve for rewards.
>>
>>322947937
With this game in particular, I think that would be ridiculous. They would have to make 300 heavy as fuck
>>
Pot5 is a dead server, transfer the fuck off it. Most of the population moved to Harbinger and The Shadowlands long ago m80.

I don't play on Harb, but that server is usually 'heavy' at peak hours, and at least on The Shadowlands we have 3 instances of fleet at 150+ during our peak hours.
>>
File: Swtor Trooper.jpg (543 KB, 1920x1726) Image search: [Google]
Swtor Trooper.jpg
543 KB, 1920x1726
>>322946398
>Is it finally happening?

We can only hope so it will teach Bioware a lesson.

Moreover, I had multiple max chars during Hutt Cartel. IMO it was not a "bad" game per se. Horrible execution at release however, and they never fixed the clumsiness inherent in the engine.

Comparing the Agent storyline to shit like Knight is totally laughable though. The biggest imbalance in the game wasn't in the mechanics, it was in the writing.
>>
Could you even imagine?
>>
>>322948584
It's PvE, not PvP
>>
>>322946543

Welp, guess I know what to play, now.
>>
File: cry.jpg (14 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
14 KB, 450x300
>>322946398

The main problem, the root of all evil, is EA. The game came out too early for christmas,
the raids were bugged,
the flashpoints were bugged,
classes were bugged and unbalanced (sorc/sage owning everything and sprinting through huttball fire),
engine was really underperforming back then (0.5 sec before pressing a skill would take effect),
no meaningful race differences,
too many small quests (yes too many, I couldn't really keep up with each quest story and lost concentration really often and just went back to following markers on the map),
crafting not rewarding. These are just a few points but unfortunately this reputation just sticked until this day. Even though the engine is working ok now, classes are -somewhat- balanced, more FPs, more raids, the shitty reputation sticks. Too few gave the game a second chance, too little the sub profit, people buying all that bullshit from the item shop lets EA see, that the already existing content is enough to get new people to try out the game and its biggest profit.
There will be always that kid who haven't played it and wants to be a hero Jedi, then he sees some other people with some cool looking armor from the shop. Then he will proceed to play another class for the story and another and maybe try out a raid, but fail miserably because there were no skill checks in his leveling curve at all and gets completely alienated. He stops playing, veteran stop playing because it gets harder and harder to get decent players. Those guys leaves, the next new guy comes in and sees this giant ball of content, repeat.
In the end, item shop generates profit without having to worry about new content. It will be cash cowed until, well I wouldn't know what would shut down the game. The "new players" cycle is just too perfect. It's just so sad to see the unbelievable potential this game had. The game is actually fun, I still miss well presented tech classes in other mmos. But just too few endgame to keep me playing.
>>
File: pay2anything.jpg (19 KB, 592x60) Image search: [Google]
pay2anything.jpg
19 KB, 592x60
>>322946917
>also P2W as fuckyou literally have to pay to run faster

You can fucking say that again.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (54 KB, 334x337) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
54 KB, 334x337
>>322950084
This is a class quest reward for like level 20. A main story quest reward. Xpacs are free for subs.
>>
>>322950493
Fuck you moot, your dark aura still lingers to this day.
>>
>>322950039
>The main problem, the root of all evil, is EA.

Until EA gets any competition for star wars games, star wars gaming will be shit.
>>
>>322950493
>>322950084
eh, it's not that bug a deal when it's pretty much impossible to die now.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.