[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a sci-fi jrpg with a hyper-real futuristic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: FFX_Blitzball_Stadium_Luca.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FFX_Blitzball_Stadium_Luca.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I'm looking for a sci-fi jrpg with a hyper-real futuristic aesthetic similar to Final Fantasy X. It doesn't have to be Japanese I guess, I'm mostly just looking for a colorful engaging atmosphere and setting plus a decent story. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
>>
>>322945227
FFXIII
>>
>>322945227

>It doesn't have to be Japanese I guess

Has there ever been a game even slightly like that which isn't Japanese?
>>
>>322945635
anachronx
>>
>>322945227
>>322945635

Yeah, Futuristic Fantasy is a genre that's pretty much untapped, besides Final Fantasy, and some other Japanese RPGs. There's a lot of potential there, I mean, just look at how popular Star Wars is, which has a lot of fantasy elements to it. Also, look at more popular "modern day" magic related franchises, like Harry Potter. There's a lot of fucking potential here, and I'd love to dive more into some.
>>
>>322946993
>and some other Japanese RPGs
like which ones man!?
>>
xenoblade chronicles x kind of fits the bill
>>
>>322945227
There is Phantasy Star (Online). Star Ocean, Xeno-gears/saga/blade, Some Final Fantasy games. Can't come up with more than that for now.

There are a lot of sci-fi jrpgs that have it done semi. Like specific aspects of the world. Not sure if you're interested in that.
>>
>>322947415
Star Ocean
>>
>>322947202

This anon mentions most of the ones I can think of:

>>322947415

Although, I think Lost Odyssey also counts, it's in a kind of future/modern age.
>>
>>322947415
>sci-fi jrpgs that have done it semi
lets hear it, why not.
>>
>>322947839
Yes, totally forgotten that game. You can add Blue Dragon aswell then. Has quite a few mechs and the likes. I had been wondering to mention Wild Arms aswell. It tends to be simply an aspect but I'd guess flying mechs and robots are legit enough. Fourth game seems to be most futuristic though, but it plays right after a war...so the scifi dropped down a bit.
>>
>>322945227

Hate to say this, but FF13 is the closest you're gonna get aesthetics-wise.

Play FF14 if you want a better game with a better story but with less emphasis on sci-fi/futurism, and you don't mind it being an MMO.

You should probably just play Xenoblade though, it's very different from FFX but it's the best JRPG since said game.
>>
>>322946993
Does Mega Man count? I would recommend Mega Man Legends if the op hasn't played it already.
>>
>>322945227
Xenoblade Chronicles? It reminded me a lot of FFX in general.
>>
>>322945227
Star Ocean/Xenoblade/Megaman Legends
>>
>>322945227
>hyper-real
lmao kill urself
or play Arcanum instead
>>
File: pegg2.gif (1 MB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
pegg2.gif
1 MB, 500x276
>>322945227
>yfw you'll never get to experience FFX for the first time again
>>
>>322953842
lmao, your little pleb brain cant even comprehend postmodernism.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.