[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just bought this. Does /v/ Actually like this game or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Nier_(game_box_art).jpg (40 KB, 256x315) Image search: [Google]
Nier_(game_box_art).jpg
40 KB, 256x315
So I just bought this. Does /v/ Actually like this game or is it all meme spouting?
>>
I haven't played the game but I enjoy the 10/10 soundtrack.
I think this applies for a lot of people.
>>
I really enjoy it
>>
>>322942249
They like it because it fits with their /v/ persona. Honestly I wouldn't care about anything this board says.
>>
I enjoyed it. The story and setting were interesting. The music was astounding. Gameplay is decent enough. I just didn't like all the back tracking and running around you have to do to fill requests. Granted, they are optional. The world also felt kind of small.
>>
>>322942249
The story is excellent.
Theres a lot of weapons to unlock and enchant.
the characterization of the individual characters are pretty good.

I just got the game recently and havent finished it myself, its a welcome break from all the souls games Ive been playing.
>>
I really love it, now get out of here and play it.
>>
>>322942249
gameplay 6/10
plot 9/10
music 10/10
>>
meme spouting, i beat it three times and realized i hated the game so much i didn't even want to get the fourth ending.
>>
Only real problem is that the combat is pretty average and the BLOOM. Pretty much every other aspect is perfect though
>>
>>322942249
I love it. Second best game in the past 10 years aside from Demon's Souls.
Couldn't give less of a shit what /v/ thinks of it.
>>
>>322942249
You're asking this question NOW? Afrer you bought the game? It's been going up in price lately, y'know?

Anyway, it's a competent action rpg. Which says a lot, especially if you played Drakengard, which was fucking terrible. I enjoyed playing Nier, but its biggest strengths are the story and soundtrack.

So if you're a strictly "gameplay is the only important part of the game and I will not be satisfied if it's not absolutely fucking amazing" kind of guy then you might not like it.
>>
>>322942249
It's one of my favourite games and one of the only ones I'd consider genuinely good at storytelling.

>>322942658
Anon, you're memeing awful hard there. When was the last time you stood up?
>>
Love it. Can't wait for the sequel.
>>
You just got tricked. We got another one, boys.
>>
>>322942249

Amazing soundtrack
Great characters
Feely-twister story
Some interesting sidequests/stories
And gameplay that gets you by
Interesting visual ideas but ugly graphics

Theres no memes, Kainé does have a dick but its an integral part of her character and story.

Its one of my favorite games all in all, I value the game having a soul much higher than amazing streamlined gameplay and pretty graphics.
>>
>>322943167
>implying you weren't just a selfish faggot so you simply stopped after getting Ending C because you were too chicken to get Ending D.
>>
>>322943715
Wait Kaine has a dick?
>>
File: caim and angelus174.jpg (147 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
caim and angelus174.jpg
147 KB, 800x533
>>322944127
Yes.
>>
>>322942249
I loved that it crammed so much different genres into a single game. Feels like the game is a bit schizophrenic, but it was refreshing.
Gameplay is alright, story is amazing and the music is among the best I heard in vidya.

Only thing I absolutely hated was the grinding. Some items have ridiculously low drop rates. But that's all optional though.
>>
It's an alright game. It's nice the first time around, and it has additional endings. The side quests are mostly fetch quests and largely a pain in the ass, but picking the right ones can get you nice equipment. The soundtrack is good, and the characters are pretty likable. The gameplay is pretty dull outside of the decent magic. Not great, but it can be a fun ride.
>>
>>322944430
Dungeon are good, but the combat sucks, to elaborate on the gameplay a bit.
>>
If you think it's a meme, then why did you buy it?
If you actually bought it, why don't you play it to find out?

You are a very special kind of faggot, OP.
>>
>>322945020
No, I just wanted to make a thread and then post the reactions to reddit. I would never really buy a game.
>>
File: 1449565300220.png (10 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
1449565300220.png
10 KB, 473x500
>>322942249
Shades are humans. You're a fake. Now never make threads like this again.
>>
>>322945609
Thank you Mr. Frogposter.
This is the only kind of reply that these threads deserve.
>>
>>322942249
>memespouting
Fuck off
Anyone who uses the word meme to refer to anything related to a video game that is not actually a game abotu memes filled with memes is a shitposting faggot asshole bitch fucknugget that needs to fuck himself

yes its good
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.