[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people still play Hearthstone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1452008096309.jpg (562 KB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452008096309.jpg
562 KB, 2560x1080
>people still play Hearthstone
>>
>>322936960

duelyst is cool but it's almost a completely different game so...
>>
>>322937296
it's mechanically superior while retaining the same deck building skills required for hearthstone
>>
Songhai ruined the game
>>
Hearthstone is the Pokemon of it's game type. It ain't going anywhere even if a better game comes along.
>>
looks ugly
>>
>>322939231
The art is atrocious but the sprites are cute
>>
>>322939082
Several better games have come along.

Just none with Blizzard's name.
>>
>>322939858
>Several better games have come along.

With the simplicity of Hearthstone all the while retaining great animations and voicework for every single card? Show me, anon
>>
>>322940830
>voice work and braindead mechanics are what make a game good
>>
>>322939231
>>322939638
the sprites look GREAT when upscaled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7DbtPfhtJk
>>
File: ass.jpg (16 KB, 619x464) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
16 KB, 619x464
>>322936960
yeah, I don't know why I still play that RNG shitfest...
>>
https://youtu.be/-5Epb5Fisio

Hueshues
>>
Duelyst is fucking shit. There's a reason why your general died. Stay dead.
>>
>>322941371
You forgot your avatar Nerffie
>>
>>322941148

I never said that, but you'd be stupid to think that the animations aren't the reason why Hearthstone is so damn popular. They're pretty damn good.
>>
>>322941641
it's a shame eyecandy and a blizzard logo is all it takes for a game to be successful
>>
>>322941641
see
>>322941176
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHUdNbKvu5c

Not much (or any? Not sure.) voice work as of yet but supposedly it's in the works.
>>
>>322936960
Yeah one of the most played games in the world
>>
>>322936960
I'd play this more if it was more compatible with phones. until then I'll keep playing hearthsone at work.
>>
>>322941853
That's true, I have to admit. Just like Apple with iPhones.
>>
>>322941853

I play and have played tons of card games since the mid 90s. I've just always been into them. I play Hearthstone more than anything right now. It's cheaper than Magic, easy as fuck to just log on and start playing, laid back enough that it doesn't stress me out but still competitive enough to be enjoyable, and genuinely fun.

It's not the best card game, or most balanced/competitive, and the mechanics are pretty simple, but god damn does every game have to be difficult or require intense devotion and skill to be a good game?
>>
>>322942937
Yes
>>
>>322942937
It should require intense devotion and skill to be a competitive game

I just find it rather amusing that there's these big tourneys for the game and every streamer known to man has mocked hearthstone for essentially being dice rolling
>>
>>322944578

You can't really fault the game for having a tournament scene. The players/community are responsible for that. They wanted to play it competitively and Blizzard backed it and now supports it.

And you have to agree that the tournament scene doesn't really involve games that require skill so much as games that are more fun for the community to watch. If people were really into watching racing games there would be a much bigger tournament scene for racing games, but there isn't because nobody cares to watch that shit. It's all about what's going to get more viewers. American Football is a shit sport compared to a lot of others but people like to drink Keystone and watch athletes being pummeled.
>>
>>322945282
Not faulting the game. Faulting the mouth breathing community that thinks le epic RNG makes a game fun
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.