[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been switching all of my members on every battle to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Ff10_logo.jpg (781 KB, 1775x1152) Image search: [Google]
Ff10_logo.jpg
781 KB, 1775x1152
I've been switching all of my members on every battle to keep them balanced. But is it really necessary? It is getting boring.
>>
Not manning Auron, Titus and Wakka?
>>
>>322929318
I'd main Kimahri, Lulu and Auron, but I know everyone's job, so I use them all.
>>
>>322928970
If it's getting boring then play it however the fuck you want.

Then the members you like will be your strongest since you use them so much.

But don't complain if there comes a time when you need to utilize the other members and you fail every time because they're too weak. But if you're good at the game who knows maybe you won't need to do that.
>>
It would only be considered necessary if you're maxing their sphere grids and you would probably just be doing that in the monster arena anyway. You'll be slowing yourself down a lot by using everyone if you're just trying to enjoy the game.
>>
>>322929318
Nigga, rikku wakka tidus is LITERALLY minmaxing
>>
You do need to train them all at some point. The blue guy is pretty useless unless steal is your thing. However, I would have his sphere grid location close to ultima, so that when you have enough lvl 4 unlocks you can get it for lulu and yuna. I wouldn't use any of those special spheres until you finish Lulu's and Yuna's grids.

Basically, I mained Titus, Lulu/Wakka, Yuna.

Yuna's celestial weapon is the easiest one to get and the only one you really need. It makes all her spells cost 1 AP. As a bonus you also get more aeons, as a loss, the final boss battle gets longer. Also, Doublecast, Holy, and Ultima, do not skip these three.
>>
It is not necessary because later on you can revisit areas easily and grind up charters you didn't use. Alternately you can just have 1 in your party at a time and use the characters you have to kill enemies waaaay over your underleveled characters level.

I played it like you've been doing and I'll say it's not going to fuck you. I feel like they designed it so you are actually supposed to do this and if you only use 3 charters instead of switching out all of them you will be way overpowered and plow through the endgame.
>>
>>322928970
It's not necessary but it's fairly quick and easy.

As long as they do SOMETHING in the fight they get full xp. Each party member has a job

Yuna: Esuna/Pray
Lulu: Magic Damage or Focus
Rikku: Steal
Tidus: Cheer or Attack
Auron: Guard/Sentinal or Attack
Wakka: Reflex or Attack
Kihmari: Lancet

Rinse repeat, rotate in and out.
>>
I did what you're doing.

Whenever I decided to grind I would get really high and watch TNG and just constantly move and press x
>>
As long as Kimahri has Stone Breath and a full overdrive bar, nothing else needs to be done for him.
>>
I forget, does the game split ap among everyone earning it?
>>
File: BreathOfFireIV_PSXBOX_US.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
BreathOfFireIV_PSXBOX_US.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
Here, play a better game with a mid-battle character switching system.
>>
Not really. There are one or two fights in the game that are both tough and require specific party members, but none of them will really stop you in your tracks. I ran with Tidus, Yuna, and Lulu and from what I've seen and heard that's not even a really good party set up. Despite that I took out some of the optional shit and had very few issues.

Just pick the group you like and do what's fun. Only thing I'd recommend is maybe keeping Tidus and Yuna. Tidus is good all around/the main character and Yuna has summons. The third party member can be whatever. Wakka, Auron, and Kimahri/Rikku (if used properly) can all be great.
>>
>>322930994

No, all participants get full AP. There's no downside to having everyone do something,
>>
The only thing I don't like about X is that for a good third of the game it railroads you REALLY hard into using Tidus + Wakka + Lulu every battle, with the occasional Kimahri/Auron usage because of an armored enemy. Yuna is almost unnecesary.
>>
>>322928970
Honestly, the game sets up the encounters in a way where everyone is useful to some degree. You only really need to worry about active switching for the sake of grinding.

Also, if you do decide to specialize your party instead of using everyone, keep Kimahri decent. You have to do a battle later in the game with him alone, and you'll be pissed that you didn't train him at least to some degree.
>>
>>322933847

That fight actually scales with how much you've built up Kimahri
>>
>>322934078
Really? It must not scale much. The first time I did it, it was a little hard. The last time I did it though, it was insanely easy.
>>
>>322934581

It stops scaling after a certain point
>>
>>322933847
Worst case scenario, you can just lancet on them until the Kimahri learns doom, and then cast it on them.
>>
>>322934919

Yeah I think they have every blue magic except Nova
>>
>>322933641
Don't many of Khimari's weapons also have piercing? It's not even that big of a deal to switch characters since you can do it almost instantly during battle. Yuna is good for bosses since she can summon.
>>
>>322935191

That's why I said Kimahri/Auron, because both can be used for armored enemies.

The point being that although Rikku is in many ways the best character in the game, Tidus/Wakka/Lulu cover fighting every enemy type except armored.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.