[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like playing SRPG now so /v/, which is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: 1313446660427_f.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1379) Image search: [Google]
1313446660427_f.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1379
I feel like playing SRPG now
so /v/, which is better?
>>
the one with the anime waifus
>>
>>322924016

This isn't even a question. Tactics Ogre is superior.
>>
>>322924016

Both are really good. Be warned though, you are playing the peake of the genre.

Once you've beaten those you'll realize that it's very hard to get into any SRPG again.
>>
i couldn't really bother with tactics ogre while i actualy finished final fantasy tactics at the time but to be honest they are pretty much the same game about strategy,hamfisted political intrigue,a plot twist that involves demons being behind everything and sakimoto going crazy with the trumpets
>>
>>322924016
are you on an emulator or an actual PSP?
>>
>>322924016

FFT is fun, but easily broken by grinding/farming.

TO is fun too, but when fighting level 50 enemies that don't scale down and you have a level 1 job you need to keep alive is a pain in the ass.

They will hunt your lowbies with passion.
>>
>>322924328
psp
>>
>>322924327

oh oh and job system

though the one in tactics ogre is dumb as fuck and involve every new job you get starting at level 1 forcing you to grind the shit out of them or just stick to archers and knights
>>
>>322924016
Tactics ogre is much better on PSP. FFT barely works for some stupid reason. The original FFT was far better IMO.

Between the two game, I go FFT all the way, BUT if you're only playing on PSP, Tactics Ogre by far.
>>
>>322924016
Tactics Ogre LUCT is on a whole other level, if you play it first you will not be able to stand FFT.
>>
>>322924432
then don't bother with tactics ogre
it's an amazing game but item crafting can be a big deal and is 100% rng (as in spend hours grinding/buying materials, you can now craft item x but the crafting itself only has a % chance of succeeding)
also the leveling system is pretty shit
so like instead of leveling units you level classes
you can switch classes whenever you want outside of battle, no prob
but every time you get a new class it starts at level 1
and you level classes by using them
the more units are using a certain class during the battle you're in - the more exp that class gets
it gets kinda grindy because obviously you can't stick with most of the beginner classes (although some are perfectly fine and even op as fuck)

also ppsspp runs on everything
toasters
4 year old phones
if you could get it on a calculator it would still run smoother than any other emulator ever will
ppsspp is the emulator of the gods
i mean there's still plenty of games it won't run properly, but the ones it works on it works on really fucking well

wall of text jesus christ
>>
File: 1419307132710.jpg (36 KB, 223x349) Image search: [Google]
1419307132710.jpg
36 KB, 223x349
Tactics Ogre is the better game, but they're both great and worth playing.

>>322924269
There are plenty of other great SRPGs. Front Mission is a fantastic series, some of the games I'd consider better than TO/FFT. Tons of other more obscure games as well.
>>
Play both. FFT then Ogre.

Don't rob yourself of either experience.
>>
File: 15050829.jpg (364 KB, 800x566) Image search: [Google]
15050829.jpg
364 KB, 800x566
Both are fine.

FFT can be pretty good it's job system is fun(Even if you can break it pretty easy but hey) Also since your playing the PSP port they added some new shit to it.

TO is just as good. Though I'm only really basing that on the PS1 version I know they changed a few things for it's PSP version.
>>
Tactics Ogre is better on the PSP and PPSSPP emulator
FFT is best on the PS1 due to slow down and sound problems the PSP had.

The only problem with Tactics Ogre is the built in save state system. It's bad design to make a game where it encourages you to save and load state, while at the same time punishing you for it. Most worthwhile items require RNG to cooperate. Let's not forget about missable items and grinding fame for Cressida.
>>
File: 1327092168474.jpg (253 KB, 667x800) Image search: [Google]
1327092168474.jpg
253 KB, 667x800
>>322924906
>>322925312
These
>>
File: b2f8a3f7.jpg (28 KB, 481x358) Image search: [Google]
b2f8a3f7.jpg
28 KB, 481x358
thaks guys, I didn't know psp emulator even existed.
I'll check it out.
>>
>>322924016
TO for better overall gameplay and a more political story where you have control over decisions.

Tactics for having a more traditional story that is really damn good till the very end when you figure everything out then it becomes kinda lame.
>>
>>322924016
Either is good, but in my personal opinion:
- FFT for the highly polished job system
- Tactics Ogre for the replayability with the branched storylines.
>>
>>322925362
Deneb is such a Semen Demon. I love her.
>>
>>322924432
prepare for long ass loading times when casting any spell on FFT
>>
FFT but use the slowdown fix (your are emulating or using CFW, right?). TO is also very good though so play it next.
>>
There is a third party patch for PSP FFT that fixes the slowdowns.
>>
>>322924016
>Peak of the genre.
>Individual character movement

How does this work?
>>
FFT has better gameplay
It's not even debatable if you know anything about SRPG.

Heck the PSP port of Tactics Ogre is considered worse than the SNES version in Japan since it changes a lot of thing for the worse gameplay-wise
>>
File: 1449514953617.jpg (95 KB, 618x619) Image search: [Google]
1449514953617.jpg
95 KB, 618x619
is Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together good on Vita?

i enjoyed Final Fantasy Tactics: War of The Lions a ton, although the performance was really bad and I should have gone for the PSone version instead
>>
File: Bohener.jpg (127 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Bohener.jpg
127 KB, 1024x768
>>322924432
Stick with the actual hardware. PSP emulation is awful on VITA and damn near unplayable on PSTV.
>>
>>322924016
Out of the psp versions, final fantasy tactics. Tactics ogre psp made that stupid system change where changing a class means that character starts at level 1.
>>
>>322924651
Ravness best girl
>>
>>322928097
>>322928097
>FFT has better gameplay
>It's not even debatable if you know anything about SRPG.
wrong, but you are entitled to being wrong

>Heck the PSP port of Tactics Ogre is considered worse than the SNES version in Japan since it changes a lot of thing for the worse gameplay-wise

just stop posting
>>
>>322930732
Nope, he's right. Tactics Ogre is legitimately bad gameplay. Poor balance and the maps suck ass. Enjoy using your archers to decimate the match for nth time. You're not special for liking TO.
>>
>>322924251
it's worse in every way aside from being able to chose routes
>>
>>322924269
those are the two worst and broken games in the genre, the best written sure but everything else is terrible
>>
>>322928960
>not training a 12 man squad from 1-50 in every single class

what are you some pleb
>>
>>322924016
Made by the same guy so they're really similar.
If you prioritize story pick TO. If you want something easier to play/have fun with, FFT.
>>
OP,

play FFT first, use the slowdown patch to fix

then play TO:LUCT. I strongly recommend using CWCheat or something similar to set your crafting success rate to 100%. This will save you HOURS of save scumming.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.