[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy cow. This game is pretty darn good. How did i miss it? is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: rec-title.jpg (231 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
rec-title.jpg
231 KB, 600x300
Holy cow. This game is pretty darn good. How did i miss it? is there any other games i may not know about that are underrated? Have you played and underrated games lately?
>>
>>322912338
>literally soulless single player MMO with ultracasual gameplay
>pretty darn good
>>
It's fun for the first hour or two until you realize literally nothing changes ever. Then it becomes the literal definition of generic not-quite-MMO-but-may-as-well-be.
>>
>>322912538
>>322912672
what about it is mmo like? other than the quest.
>>
>>322912783
Enviroment, combat, shit you do doesnt change shit
>>
>>322912925
>combat
please tell me what mmos you've been playing that have combat like this game.
>>
>>322912538
This
>>
>>322912783
THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME
IT WAS LITERALLY A MMO THEY RETOOLED AS A SINGLE PLAYER GAME WITHIN A MONTH BECAUSE THE COMPANY WAS GOING UNDER AND THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SUSTAIN IT AS A MMO
SO THEY LITERALLY, L I T E R A L L Y
TOOK THEIR SHITTY MMO AND TURNED IT INTO A SINGLE PLAYER GAME WITHIN A MONTH
IT'S A FUCKING SINGLE PLAYER MMO
LITERALLY.
>>
>>322912925
i actually get what you mean now, but not the combat. What mmos are you play that has combat on this games level? (not saying its high level shit just that mmos have the crappiest combat.)

I've only been playing for 11 hours. Do you really not affect the world?
>>
>>322912338
>81 on metacritic
That makes it overrated.
>>
>>322913094
>Repetitive and "1,2,3" abilities

Really? Are you retarded?
>>
>>322912783
>different zones have level tiers so you cant enjoy the whole world in one playthrough without stomping everything
>get all quests in hub, go out and do them
>it was originally going to be an mmo but got turned into a single player rpg during development

Thats all i can think of right now, maybe im dumb idk
I did play it and enjoyed it but it gets stale especially once you realise how easy it is late game
>>
>>322913242
someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed
>>
>>322913242
reckoning started as an arpg being developed under THQ (rip in peace) then the dev and the game got bought by 38 studios (rip in piss) and the game was retrofitted with the amalur license to help hype up the mmo that was in development. reckoning and the mmo were always 2 separate games.
>>
>>322913094
......... Not sure if youre serious, but its 3 abilities and the only real difference is you have roll ability, fuck off m8
>>
>>322912338
It's 'fun' until you get later in the game and the balance goes out the window.
>>
>>322912338
>tfw started to like it but the camera and fov made me feel fucking dizzy and awful
>>
>>322913329
most games follow this formula not just mmos.
>>
>>322913584
>>
>>322913584
tell me 1 mmo that has combat like reckoning or fuck of you stupid faggot.
>>
>>322913242

Lel, not even close. Nice regurgitated meme though.
>>
lmaoing at all these fucks trying to justify that this isn't just an MMO
>>
>>322913307
TERA, vindictus and black desert all have similar or better combar
>>
>>322913329
>>322913584
>Being this retarded
>>
>>322913307
>Do you really not affect the world?
Not him, but I stopped doing sidequests after doing two that should have changed things but didn't. One should have ended the spider attacks on a village, and another should be caused all undead in the zone to disappear. Neither things happened. Then I decided fuck it and I rushed through the main quests, got to a big boss battle that felt like God of War, and quit after that. You've only played 11 hours, but you'll soon find out how horrible the leveling and skill tree in the game is, how tedious the combat becomes, and how pointless the quests are.
>>
>>322913794
>TERA
>WILDSTAR
>BLADE N SOUL
>BLACK DESERT
>THAT C9 GAME OR WHATEVER
>>
>>322914628
Basically this. Also crafting is ridiculously unbalanced. Once you get a crafted set, the combat becomes more boring and all loot you're going to get will be completely useless.
>>
File: 1449164348861.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1449164348861.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>>322913387
You either die an RPG

or live long enough to see yourself turn in to a MMOF2P

They probably did not have enough funds to run mmo servers or develop end game content, bit of a shame though since it had some neat stuff going for it and would probably do fine with some tweaking and multiplayer support.
>>
>>322914697
>>322914080
it's also like non mmos as well, Like fable, lords of the fallen, and dark souls.
>>
>>322915309
ya but he was trying to say
>muh combat
even though it's not special at all
>>
>>322915431
no one was saying
>muh combat
those games are a minority in mmos when it comes to combat. and most of those came out before or around the same time. Also the combat style originated long before it appeared in mmos.
>>
I enjoyed reckoning. I found the combat to be entertaining enough. Especially as the magic class. Loved the flashy chakrams. The thing I enjoyed the most was the crafting. My God I abused the shit out of it. I don't remember the exact details, but I think bonuses stacked multiplicatively, so if you put multiple of the same bonus (like say, raw damage), it grew exponentially. I love working game systems to become overpowered.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.