[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw at the 27 hour mark I'm finally able to control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Ffxiii_title_screen.png (1004 KB, 1912x1074) Image search: [Google]
Ffxiii_title_screen.png
1004 KB, 1912x1074
>tfw at the 27 hour mark I'm finally able to control who goes into my party

Why is this game so goddamn slow? I'm in Gran Pulse now and I have no desire to continue playing. Does it get "better" at this point?
>>
I dropped it at airship part because of reasons and now replaying it
It's actually way shorter if you skip cutscenes
>>
>>322906930
Gran Pulse is the best part of the game
>>
Better then me, I stopped at level 20 because it was repetitive as fuck, you will fall asleep playing as a healer too
>>
>>322907030
yay, a BIG grinding corridor instead of grinding in a straight line. whoop de freakin doo
>>
>>322906930
>27h
>gran pulse
what the fuck? How'd ya get there so fast??
Also you're literally at the last fifth of the game. If you dont want to explore the planet and finish the side quests, you could beat the game in a few more hours.

Personally, I started to enjoy the game around when Paradigm change was introduced, and more and more as classes became available.
>>
>>322907115
What
>>
>>322907030
Is there anything to do besides shitty fetch quests for the various l'cie stationed throughout the map?

>>322907170
Sorry, I meant that at some point in the 25th or 26th hour(I honestly don't remember) I was able to switch out who goes into my party. Then towards the end of the 27th hour I moved on to Gran Pulse. I'm not sure if this is the normal amount of time before you get to gran pulse or not.
>>
>>322906930

It started to get fun for me maybe 5 hours or so before getting to Pulse. Once they finally take the damn training wheels off the battle system is pretty great, we really didn't need a 20 hour tutorial.

What this game needs is a "hard" mode with no handholding. Barring story related stuff like magic and summons everything should be available from the start in this mode. The crystarum should fully available and shouldn't railroad you into picking certain roles for certain characters because their off roles are expensive as fuck.
>>
I spent a lot of hours in Gran Pulse. The meat of the game is there. Also best places to look at Lightning's armpits.
>>
>>322906930
People warned you anon

>>322907170
getting to Gran Pulse only takes 20 hours anon
>>
So what can you DO in Pulse besides killing monsters and do quests to kill bigger monsters?
>>
>>322908218

Eh not really. I think most of the missions are required for endgame stuff like getting chocobos to grind money with digging, getting the genji glove to break damage limit ect.
>>
>>322906930
You fell for it son
>>
If you didn't like the gameplay at all before then it's not worth it to continue since you still have another 6 or so hours if you head straight for the ending. The writing stays shitty, and the story makes sense at the end but there's no payoff at all.
>>
>>322908218
>I'm not sure if this is the normal amount of time before you get to gran pulse or not.
I was well over 40h before I even got to Pulse, and "finished" the story for the first time at 80h. I semi-platinumed the game at 100h.

Anyway, you could try the Titan's challenge at very least.
>>
>>322908705
>>322908673
I personally like the game. Disregarding all it's flaws it's not really a bad game. How are the sequels in comparison to XIII?
>>
>>322906930
Your first mistake was even wanting to play the game. Only thing this game has going for it is the soundtrack. Unbelievable, just like most FF games, and that Sazh is the only character on your party who isn't some dipshit. Otherwise why are you still playing it?
>>
>>322909040
>How are the sequels in comparison to XIII?
IMO huge improvements when it comes to gameplay and pacing. 13-2 literally treats the original as its "tutorial", and gets straight to action + adds tons of new stuff and small improvements (ie: you can switch the Leader any time in battle, game auto switches if the leader is KO'd, more Paradigm control feats, monster capturing feat, minigames, less linear...)

LR was a huge overhaul in many ways, and my personal GOTY of 2014
>>
>>322909040

I liked XIII but XIII-2 blows it out of the water. The story is still hamfisted but the game gives you much more freedom, both in terms of developing your party and breathing space.
>>
>>322909040

The sequels are much better.

I didn't mind FFXIII as much as others, but I just hated how fucking SHORT and EASY it was.
>>
>>322906930
THE GAME'S PLAYING ITSELF
>>
>>322909595
It was relatively easy for the most part up until gran pulse. I'm having some trouble dealing with the creatures running around. They are a bit tough to defeat. Maybe I'm a scrub who needs to git gud, I guess.
>>
XIII was honestly to god the worst FF I played.
I love all of them in different ways but XIII was shit all around.
Except a bit for the battle system and visuals.
Though Vanille and Fang pretty much are what made me play to the end.
>>
>>322906930
It's because you're not even 1/3rd of the way through
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.