[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
Also Balder's Gate: Dark Alliance I & II were good.
>>
>>322904357
sacred 3 maybe
see, it's the game with actual gamedesign instead of another shitty pc fps made for gamepad, and western gamedesigners really suck
>>
Diablo, Dungeon siege series, Path of Exile, etc etc

It's pretty much just an ARPG but designed with controllers in mind. There was also another one, Champions of Norrath.
>>
>>322904716
They used to be original. Now they make the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>322904357
holy shit i miss that game so much. I'd play it with my cousins when I'd go to their house.
>>
>>322904716
>fps
>>
If you like Champions you will love the Sacred series.
>>
>>322904716
>>322905315
I'll get it once I have the money.
Thanks.
>>
>>322905203

The best part about Champions of Norrath isn't playing the game, but picking a class that isn't Barbarian and being forced to watch someone else one shot bosses because he picked the right class.
>>
I would recommend Torchlight 2, Divinity 2, and Dragons Dogma.
>>
>>322905112
Champions of Norrath was the prequel to "return to Arms." Looking back, it was boring as fuck gameplay, but my memories are of getting my sister and female cousins interested in vidya through the Champions series.
>>
>>322905631
Champions and RTA were the smoothest top-down ARPG games I have ever played on a console.
>>
Titan Quest.
>>
>>322905582
I liked playing a melee Dark Elf
>>
>>322905112
Path of Exile is very good.
Tried Diablo 3 and it was shit desu.
Dungeon Siege not yet, will get.
Thanks bro
>>
>>322905315
>>322905623
Same Anon
You might also like the Magika series check it out.
>>
>>322905881
added to my list. Thank you sir.
>>
>>322905862
Dungeon Siege 3 is pretty shit but the first 2 were good. Titan Quest is excellent too and regularly goes on sale along with the expansion.
>>
>>322906198
It's actually on sale right now
>>
>>322905862
i know you're just baiting, but path of exile is so bad it's almost unplayable.

only HC manchildren europoors care about the game. I've heard too many retarded frenchman sneer on stream.
>>
>>322904357
It's a little harder to find, but the Hunter series is very similar, but with less focus on equipment.

Hunter the Reckoning, Wayward, and Redeemer.
>>
>>322905834

It was still fun no matter what class you played though, if you don't care too much about game balance/design or whatever. My favourites were wizard and ranger, and while ranger had multishot which sort of scaled, wizard had all static damage, so you just sort of plink away at creatures on the last difficulty while the Barbarian deals 1000%+ weapon damage and powerfucks bosses.
>>
>>322906326
Actually I'm not, didn't play much so I don't know if it gets boring or something but I kind of liked the gameplay.
>>
>>322906326

PoE isn't awful. It's not as good as it's community makes it out to be. It's hardly original, and then the technical issues the game had at release were fucking abhorrent.

It was nice to see a developer actually make a game with only cosmetic microtransactions though. I'm happy that they're making a living off their game without having to go full jew.
>>
>>322906532
Yeah, I just really liked teleporting all over the place.
>>
>>322907401

Teleport+hate strike (while it's relevant) was super fun. Getting summons and such was cool but it's a bit of a shame they didn't make it so you could summon a whole bunch of them.
>>
File: 86e11f4108f91ce6.jpg (513 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
86e11f4108f91ce6.jpg
513 KB, 1680x1050
>>322904357
Damn, this brings up a lot of memories. Couldn't you drive some kind of tractor in that lava level?
>>
Loved these games, but I heard that Sacred 3 was shit?
>>
>>322907891
It is shit, 2 was great.
>>
>>322907607
Would have been nice to MM the whole game.
>>
>>322906853
>>322906581

trading system is broken
blizzard tier hypocrisy concerning RMT
game is unoptimized:
>play any build with projectiles
>server disconnects you for fighting undying mobs

fucking why?
>>
>>322905834
Spellsword Dark elves were OP because of their confusion cloud. I'd spam the confusion cloud and melee everything to death. Even the dungeon that had the one-shot rats was easy with the confusion spell. If they spotted you, you'd hit them with the confusion spell and run away scott free.
>>
>>322908792

We were talking about path of exile. Learn to read.
>>
>>322905539
DON'T get Sacred 3. It's horrible.
>>
>>322909723
You know the score.
>>
>>322907676
lol yea. There was also the invincible rock construct that blocked the door to the next dungeon. You could attack him without consequence to test out different combos.
>>
>>322908792
>blizzard tier hypocrisy concerning RMT
Well to be honest, RMAH was done to prevent people going to 3rd party sites and get scammed (people got money through it and blizz got money out of it, legitimately) but then people whined about how awful that was continuously.

Now people claim that Diablo 2 wasn't full of RWT or how PoE isn't full of it too, don't know if developers actually claim there is no RWT.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.