[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is it really compared to DA:O and older Bioware games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ff.jpg (294 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
294 KB, 1920x1080
How bad is it really compared to DA:O and older Bioware games?
Should I just avoid it?
>>
>>322900165
its very 7/10 has alot of bloat in terms of sidequests but its fun

i say this as someone whose only other RPG was KOTOR
>>
Storywise it's a blend of Neverwinter Nights and Skyrim, with a fucking DLC character from DA2 as the big bad. Side missions are repetitive and grindy. Enviroment is pretty, but exploration is annoying and characters looks like shit. Also some parts are just plainly cringy, like the homophobic father of the gay mage (who is a surprisingly decent character aside from that one part) or the whole "we were always progressive, forget Sten" parts about Qunari.

I'ts better than DA2, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>322900165
It was alright. It's got an assload of content, the problem is very little of it is actualy interesting or worth doing.
>>
>>322901731
>Neverwinter Nights and Skyrim
I meant Neverwinter Nigths 2 and Oblivion.
>>
>>322901731
>I'ts better than DA2
Gaider and Hepler (working as a consult) could have shat in a bag and it would've been better.

And they did.
>>
>>322900165
Shit compared to Origins, average compared to DA:2.

>Boring side quests and main quest
>Antagonist is a bad guy from a DA:2 dlc that no one played
>Many of the companions are annoying as fuck
>Single player mmo
>The sjw stuff is there but not as much as some people say
>>
>>322900165
DA2 was much worse.
DA:O was much better
It's just boring as shit.
>>
>>322902236
This.

If you fuck up your character creation be prepared to be bored the fuck out again because the early game which last around good 5-8 hours has nothing that really impacts the rest of the game after it and you have to do it every time when you make a new character.

So get it right the first time.

Personally, I got bored because I had to do all these uninteresting side quests to get to the main quests, and it took so long that I actually forgot what the main quest was about (I'm serious about this one) so I just quit.
>>
>>322901731
To be fair, he did have lore and all but, yeah, I can understand the frustration.
>>322900738

These are fair assessments. To add my own opinion, the whole tapestry import system is undoubtedly the worst prior game data importation system I've ever experienced. If you're a fan it is worth the buy. If you're not it will be a hit or a miss.
>>
>>322902906
>To be fair, he did have lore and all but, yeah, I can understand the frustration.
Are you refering to Corypheus? The fact that he was a DLC scrap wasn't nearly as irritating as his ineffectiveness. He always seemd step behind the Inquisitor.
>>
>>322900165
It's not even bad. Inquisition is just painfully mediocre.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.