[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xbox One has officially fallen behind the PS3 sales launch aligned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: 46Wk1mp.png (315 KB, 2072x824) Image search: [Google]
46Wk1mp.png
315 KB, 2072x824
Things aren't looking great for Xbox One

Let's consider some facts here:
>PS4 this year alone outsold Xbox One's entire LTD
>MS tried to save face by saying the Xbox One is outpacing the 360. However, this is a very misleading statement as the 360 faced supply issues and didn't pick up sales into actually much later (its peak year was 2011) and had long legs. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Xbox One had no supply issues and is already showing to be very frontloaded.
>Xbox One only sees success in essentially two regions: UK an US.
>In essentially every region of growth (Latam, Asia and the pacific, Middle East, Africa, etc.) PS4 has a significant lead
>In all of Europe (minus UK), PS4 has 70-90%+ marketshare
>Last quarter PS4 outsold Xbox One over 3:1. This ratio continues to widen as time progresses

Gentlemen, how do we save the Xbox One?
>>
File: 1449819436905.jpg (23 KB, 613x550) Image search: [Google]
1449819436905.jpg
23 KB, 613x550
JUST
>>
by releasing games
by fixing shit UI
by not pushing WINDERS :D all the fucking time

literally do you know the xbox store doesn't even have fucking categories to sort games by?
if you want to find a F2P game, you literally have to wait until it's advertised or search the name directly.
>>
File: 5weq.jpg (50 KB, 630x604) Image search: [Google]
5weq.jpg
50 KB, 630x604
>>322898749
Yup, Xbone sales aren't doing as well as 360

I think that Xbone will sell worse this year, specially when you consider that there aren't any really big games for it. Scalebound was delayed til next year.

Maybe Gears but i don't think it's that big anymore and Forza is getting tired.

PS4 will keep obliterating the competition.
>>
>how do we save the Xbox One?

Ask Trump to advertise it in his campaign.
>>
>microsoft has almost infinite money
>still can't win console wars

I bought a xbone, but i'm slowly regretting it. The UI was shit and got even shittier with the update. Also, i have to subscribe to live to save my screenshots? What the actual fuck.
>>
File: 2016-01-04_18-02-23.png (66 KB, 655x647) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04_18-02-23.png
66 KB, 655x647
JFMSUF
>>
>>322899571

>not even 600 units in japan
>>
>>322898749

As a BR I feel bad that the xbox brand is not picking up here. MS actually tried in our territory.
>>
>>322898749
Why would you save cancer?
Microshit is one of the biggest jewlords in gaming, I will celebrate their death.
>>
>>322899489
This is how I feel. I still enjoy games like Forza, but man Microsoft really keeps dropping the ball hard.

And as much shit as Sony gets for security, at least the services they provide are relatively easy to navigate through. Shit, how the fuck did Microsoft get so horrendous at UI?

>>322899837
I see way more BRs with WiiUs than xboxes. That's saying quite a lot desu. Mahrio Karche is just 2 gud.
>>
>>322899837
As a MX, i don't really care about MS but they try very hard here but PS4 is still dominating.

Just look at Amazon Mexico and PS4 is selling far better.
>>
>>322899139
Weebs won't buy the console now that Scalebound is delayed to 2017. That and people who possibly bought a xbone for that game prior are most likely selling theirs.
>>
>>322899837
By paying you to shill for them?
The OG xbone wouldn't have worked in Brazil if they had gone with their original plan.
Fuck m$
>>
>>322899446
you're fucking dumb if you really thought scalebound was going to be a system seller
>>
>>322898749
You can't, the DRM and higher initial price killed it.

>>322899446
Fact, the masses don't give a single fuck about exclusives.
In the end, they all care about cowadooty, FIFA and Ubisoft's not-Assassins Creed sandbox games.
>>
>>322898749
That's "shipped".
And I'm surprised Wii U is ahead of all of them.

>>322899837
At least one thing your shitty country does right.
>>
>>322898749
We don't. Even Phil Spencer has admitted the Xbox One will probably never close the gap. Microsoft have stopped trying to directly compete with Sony, hence their policy of no longer releasing sales numbers. At this point that's the smart thing to do.

I don't care, really. I'm happy with my XO.
>>
>>322900210
Maybe not but i think it's still a somewhat big game.

>>322900215
>In the end, they all care about cowadooty, FIFA and Ubisoft's not-Assassins Creed sandbox games.

True but most of those people are playing those on PS4.
>>
>>322900227
>ahead

That's the Wii. The Wii U is the flatline in the bottom.
>>
>>322899848
Then the other companies would shit all over you. Competition is a good thing.
>>
>>322900404
Because the PS4 had much better marketing, it was $100 cheaper and it didn't have the DRM thing which, even though didn't ultimately happen, it damaged the Xbone's reputation.

There's nothing they can do now, just don't be this fucking retarded when the 9th gen begins.
>>
>>322898749
>Sony during PS3 gen
>took steps to help set up and put PS3s in every small country on the planet like Asia, middle east, europe and africa
>PS4 sells well due to those people owning a PS3 as their first console so they moved onto the PS4
>MS during the 360 gen
>who gives a shit about other countries
>Let's just focus everything on US and UK, that's all we need
>Xbox One has no sales other than those two regions

kek
>>
Look ma dude, as of the start of 2015, there were more xbox's in Australia than PlayStations
>>
It's still well outselling the 360 and even more so the PS3

It's fine

It's Nintendo that's in trouble
>>
>>322900171

MS had ads and a marketing campaign, cheaper games and a launch price that was half the price of PS4's ridiculous 4000 BRL despite being 100 USD more expensive everywhere.
>>
At the end of the day, literally nothing can be done. The PS4 is more popular not because of exclusives or indeed anything at all to do with games, but because of the initial blunders regarding the Xbox One's announcement. Microsoft were massacred in the media and Sony pounced on that bad press. I would bet money that most people (casuals) still think you can't play pre owned games on the Xbone, need to always be online etc etc. Sony simply had much better marketing and a lower price tag.

Xbox One will never totally recover from the horrible decisions made early on. The PS4 got the head start and now casuals will go for it purely because it's what everyone else has.
>>
>>322900850
Microsoft pls
>>
File: 1447414359289.jpg (351 KB, 744x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447414359289.jpg
351 KB, 744x1000
>outselling last generation consoles
>something to be proud about
>>
>>322900943
Never say never, but as of right now the bone needs a reason for people to care about it. It just astounds me that a company with thousands of people and millions of dollars at its disposal can't come up with at least one IP to get people interested. The only games I even associate with Xbox are Halo, Gears and Killer Instinct.
>>
>>322900943
As a non-casual, even though microsoft backtracked on their fuck ups, I still went PS4 solely because they even announced such horrible ideas. They will most likely continue to try to implement their ideas in the future, and even if they don't, I'm not about to invest in such a horrible, anti-consumer company
>>
nothing will ever beat wii s pace
>>
>nintendo nx releases and is more powerful than ps4 and xbox one
>microsoft just says fuck it and releases a new xbox
>all of their games have graphics settings anyways because of PC releases, so games run on xbox one and new xbox
>ps4 is at a disadvantage for 5 years

this should happen
>>
>>322901690
Wii sold well for different reasons, the funny thing is that the Wii died pretty fast and couldn't surpass PS2 lifetime sales.
>>
>>322901759
having a hard time figuring out whether your comment was a parody of retards or if that's actually your suggestion
>>
>>322900091
Don't you guys just go up to the bordet and buy em here?
I know shits expensive down there.
>>
>>322901759
That would cost a lot of money. Like, ridiculous amounts. The new Xbox would have to be quite a bit more powerful than the XO for people to bother, which would spike dev costs big time.
>>
>>322902141
Dollar is expensive right now, so it's not really THAT convenient to get it from the states and PS4 isn't really that expensive here. You can find it for 350$-380$ with FIFA 16
>>
>>322901832
No third party support, just like the GameCube.
>>
>>322902319
Wut? Wii had plenty of third party support.
>>
Call me normie, but I don't really care about sales... cause I don't have money for a new gen console xD
>>
Can't. The DRM thing sealed its fate.

A better question is: will they try again?
>>
>>322900210
... Well what is?
>>
Why does /v/ care so much about sales holy shit just go play some games nigga
>>
>>322899446
are you talking about that game that barely reached 20 fps on the gamescom lol
>>
>>322902204
Not really, MS just has to not totally fuck up the reveal, they really could've been more neck and neck with the PS4 had they not shot both their folder and arms before Spencer intervened.

In the end all Sony needed to say was "lol we're not Xbox or Nintendo" bevause both of those companies did such a piss poor job making people interested in their console, PS4 was the only other option.
>>
>>322901759
real question is how long this console generation is going to last because everyone thinks back on 360 and ps3, but most don't realize that was an exception as far as generation length went.
>>
>>322904160
http://youtu.be/n3z2zf5ydtM
>one month of dev time later
>buttery smooth 40fps

I imagine the delay is for the multiplayer because it already looks vastly better here compared to gamescom
>>
>>322900691

This ! This is what killed the Xbox in Europe. They shat on every country that was not the UK , France and Germany. The prices were fucked beyond repair and Xbox Live was not supported for many years in some countries.
>>
>>322904407
I'm interested in this too. We're 2 years in now, previous gen was 7-8 years. I don't see this one going much beyond 5 desu. I get the sense that nobody wants another dragged out gen.
>>
>>322898749
Sony always wins baby.
>>
Why do you care so much.
>>
Good. Maybe Sony can finally start getting good creative and fun games for the PlayStation again.
>>
File: 1449345062983.jpg (27 KB, 560x458) Image search: [Google]
1449345062983.jpg
27 KB, 560x458
>>322898749
>worldwide console SHIPMENTS
>>
>>322901759
>implying Sony isn't already working on ps5

All three companies are always hard at work to prepare for the next generation. They started with the ps4 back in 2010. That's 4 years after the ps3 release
>>
Xbox One may be doing worse, but Microsoft knows how to make a DAMN GOOD CONTROLLER.
>>
>>322905716
It'll be the opposite if anything. Success breeds complacency.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.