[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>main character gets an awesome ability from an upgrade >gets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: headshot.jpg (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
headshot.jpg
10 KB, 400x400
>main character gets an awesome ability from an upgrade
>gets to keep it in all of the sequels
>>
>>322898096
Thanks Larson
>>
Many players are shocked to find out that you had to get the ability to dash in the first Mega Man X game.
>>
>>322898096
Rayman does this.
>>
File: Phoenix_Thinking_2.gif (68 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix_Thinking_2.gif
68 KB, 256x192
>>322898096
name 3 games that do this
>>
>>322898878
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Colours/Generations
Banjo-Tooie
Mega Man X2-X8
Metroid
>>
>>322898878
Viewtiful Joe
Doesn't one of the Ratchet and Clank games do this?
>>
>>322898878

Sonic games

Banjo-Tooie

Viewtiful Joe
>>
>>322898096
Thanks M.A. Larson.
>>
>>322900242
Do any of the Castlevania games have this?
>>
>>322901069
Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night kinda
>>
I want /mlp/ to leave
>>
>>322901580
You lose all your powers at the beginning tho.
>>
>>322902320
That's true.
>>
Metroid definitely.
>>
>>322898096
>main character gets weaker with each progressive installment.
>>
>>322898096
>sidekick is better than the main character
>>
>main character gets progressively weaker each mission so he needs to rely more on others
>>
>>322906275
That's hyrule warriors right?
>>
>>322898878
Spyro
Crash
Mega Man X
>>
File: oeeDawL.png (86 KB, 649x403) Image search: [Google]
oeeDawL.png
86 KB, 649x403
>But somehow loses a majority of it or flat-out not allowed to use it at all, because game reasons.
>>
>>322907050
Could a metroid game work if Samus was able to keep all her upgrades from the previous game?
>>
>>322907050
Why does metroid does this
>>
>>322907518
Depends on which game was the last one.
>>
>>322899704
>>322906649
Bullshit, you dont get to keep the enemy armors. If by keeping the new abilities you mean keeping improvements on gameplay, then pretty much every platforming game does. Mario keeps the upgrade of "getting attached to walls" and to triple jump
>>
>>322907678
>he never played X1
>>
>>322907652
How about Fusion?
>>
>>322907678
X keeps his dash between X1 and X2
Zero keeps the air dash between X4 and X5, I believe he just has his double jump by default when you get him in X6 as well.
>>
>>322898878
Spyro
Sly Cooper series
Jak series
>>
>>322907518
It wouldn't, she would be way too overpowered. Plasma Beam, Power Bombs, Gravity Suit, Super Missiles, Phazon Utilities, Space Jump, SCREW ATTACK

The only way I could see her keeping abilities is if there was an immediate sequel to Metroid NES (but before Metroid II). The most powerful weapon she could have is the Plasma Beam, BUT in Metroid NES, you could only hold one weapon, so the next game could be her having the Ice Beam (because it is more useful for Tourian).
If any other game does this with the full extent of her arsenal (MP1->MP2 or Super->Fusion) it would have to be the same scenario in the beginning: Start off with awesome gear, but get sideshotted by something, causing her to lose those awesome stuff.
>>
>>322908515
Oh fuck me I forgot about Screw Attack in NES. I guess the upgrade was optional and the devs could say she never actually found it
God damnit
>>
>>322908515
What about Prime?
>>
>>322907678
X's armor is canonically upgraded in 1-4, yet stripped of the frills because it leaves room for him to expand more... That's why in each game his charge blast looks flashier.
>>
>>322898096
KH2 does this.

Notice that certain moves in Sora's basic 3-hit combo are actually endgame abilities from KH1.
>>
Does Oracle of Seasons/Ages count with the NG+?
>>
>>322909976
Im assuming you're talking about how it would work after Pime

I dont see it working if we're talking about keeping the upgrades throughout the entire game.
We'll assume that Phazon won't come into play in the next game, so Phazon Suit and Beam are useless.
She has immediate access to Wave Beam and Wavebuster, so she can stun and paralyze almost any enemy in the game.
She has immediate access to Ice Beam and Ice Spreader, so she can freeze just about any enemy in the game and make Metroids a complete joke, unless they introduce non-freezable metroids.
She has immediate access to Plasma Beam and Flamethrower, so she can melt and incinerate enemies if she so chose to.
She has access to Power Bomb, so she could clear rooms just with a press of a button.
She has super missiles, which has always been fucking powerful in all games.

Unless every enemy had a gimmick or a resistance, she would never have a hard time
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.