[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How well does Remote Play work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: PS4-remote-play-image.jpg (56 KB, 759x444) Image search: [Google]
PS4-remote-play-image.jpg
56 KB, 759x444
Assume ideal conditions: Point-blank direct connection to the PS4 (or PS4 connected through Ethernet to high end 5GHz wifi AC router, to which the phone or Vita connects at point-blank).

What's the latency like? I'm madly in love with the Wii U Gamepad, but I tried Moonlight on my PC with an Xperia Z2 and an asus AC68U through 5GHz and the latency is utter unplayable fucking horseshit.

I will buy a PS4 to remote play third party games if it works as latency-free as the Wii U Gamepad.

Also which has the lowest latency, a Vita or one of the Xperia devices?
>>
What, nobody uses Remote Play here?
>>
>>322889694
>What's the latency like?
If you have your WIFI modem in the EXACT same room as your PS4, you might stand a chance at decent play. If you live in a brick house, with the modem in the basement, you are absolutely fucked.

Sony dropped the Vita for a reason, and I would imagine that this is a huge factor. The problem is PSTV has equally bad reception and also seeks your modem before the PS4. Sony was accurate about remote play, but as far as functionality goes, they lied.
>>
Both router and Vita would be in the same room as the PS4.
>>
>>322889694

I've used it a few times, it's alright, but as mentioned above my modem is in the same room as my Vita and PS4, I also have my PS4 connected through ethernet and a decent internet speed, but it worked just fine for me, played some Bloodborne with no real issues.

If you have any friends with PS4 (assuming you already have a Vita) go demo it with them.
>>
>>322891097
I have a friend who has both a PS4 and Vita but his router is shit. What's faster for playing close to the ps4, high end router or direct connect?
>>
Direct connect and close proximity works well with me. I play TLOU online in bed and even kick ass with remote play.
>>
>>322891243

Direct connect for sure, my router is probably only middling
>>
>>322891505
Any chance you could record a short clip showing the picture on your TV and vita simultaneously? Even just going up and down menu options would be enough. I would appreciate it immensely.
>>
I too have have a question, but unfortunately not about remote play.

How well do Vita games run at 1080p when running through the PS TV? From the videos I've seen it basically looks like PS2~ish graphics most of the time. Do they generally consistently run with FPS dips?
>>
>>322889694
There's some tests on youtube and some done by digital foundry.

Result looked really shitty for anything action based.
>>
>>322892062
Vita games running on vita tv don't run any different than they do on the vita
>>
>>322892062
Its not 1080p and it runs the same.
Its literally a Vita.
>>
Remote play is pretty shit. It looks like you streaming a 240p video and theres half a second lag.
>>
>>322892558
>>322892360
1080i, but yeah, I saw from the videos it's just upscaling it. I just don't feel like plunking down over $100 for a Vita when I could get a PSTV for like $30.

Good to know the performance is the same despite the upscaling, thanks for the information regarding that.
>>
I've played a ton of games through remote play on the vita. It runs perfectly when it's directly connected to the ps4. On WiFi it's perfectly fine if you don't have 3 people watching Netflix or streaming in the house. Then it can get quite shoddy. But it runs perfect on 60 fps. Used to play a ton of Destiny and Bloodborne on it. Never had any problem even through WiFi except for once for about 5 minutes in the whole year that I've used it.
>>
>>322892721
Most games are compatible with the tv, but a few aren't. So do your research.
>>
File: 20160106_160234.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160106_160234.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
It runs great anon. I haven't had a slight hick up. It runs so good I'm actually annihilating faggots on usf4.
>>
>>322889694
Well enough for me to play games while in the bath
>>
>>322893158
Can you record a clip of some usf Ryu jabs in training showing both vita and tv? You would be my hero.
>>
>>322893781
How many hands do you think the guy has?
>>
>>322893850
One hand to hold the phone, right hand to hold vita and tap square a couple times.
>>
>>322894142
and the third hand to tap the dualshock a couple times while overlaying the vita with the tv?
>>
>>322894318
No? Remote play mirrors the screen on the TV, does it not?
>>
>>322893781
Here you go anon. Sorry for the potato quality.

Can't upload it here because of the file size. webmshare.com/play/AxYZN

This is over 2.4 ghz wifi with my router downstairs in another room.
>>
>>322894963
Thanks a ton anon.

That's noticeable latency especially for SFIV. Is it any better if you direct connect to the PS4?
>>
>>322895302
Yeah it's a lot better. This is with 1 person playing CS:GO and another person streaming some videos all on the same network. I have my PS4 up in my bedroom whole I play downstairs in the living room on my vita, sadly the ps4s' WiFi network doesn't reach that far so that's why I'm on my WiFi. It does run a lot smoother downstairs as well.
>>
The remote surprisingly works better on the vita with the ps4 than the wii u with its game pad I could actually walk all around my house with the vita where as with the wii u I had to be within I'd say 20 or so feet or I'd start losing my connection any further and boom disconnected.
>>
It does what it is supposed to do. I mostly use it for rpgs and other things that aren't needing twitch response times and its fine.

Sony Android phones can also remote play with a real PS4 controller. The apk was hacked so any phone can use it.
>>
>>322896101
I know this and have an Xperia Z2, but how's the Iatency compared to the Vita?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.