[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo NX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 14
File: NX.jpg (25 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
NX.jpg
25 KB, 1200x674
Will the NX flop? What will it take to make you buy one? Please be specific.
>>
>>322885945

I like Nintendo games so il by it.
>>
>>322885945
with nintendo recent track record the only thing that will make me pick it up is an exclusive monster hunter on it.

Otherwise i have a PC for multiplats and a ps4 for exclusives that it has
>>
>>322885945
Do we know specs?
Do we know games?
Do we know about 3rd party?
>>
NX is going to flop isn't it?

>Has to be an x86 console to compete with next gen consoles and make porting games not a nightmare
>If it goes x86, then they lose out on backwards compatibility with Wii/Wii U games
>Most likely will have have region protection
>Still using a shitty barebones online system
>Will have a gimmick as the main selling point
>>
It's going to flop.
>>
>>322886141
/thread
>>
>>322885945
What the fuck is a NX? Is it a console or a handheld?
>>
>>322885945
Gonna buy it because I can't imagine not playing Nintendo exclusives.
>>
Seeing as it will have

>The next 3D Mario
>The next Mario Kart
>The next mainline Animal Crossing
>The next Tomodachi Life
>The next Xeno game
>The next Sakurai game
>Super Smash Bros 5
>Monster Hunter 5
>Spla2n

There is no chance of it "flopping"
>>
>>322885945
Good Open world rpgs and some shooters
>>
>backwards compatability
>bluray/dvd player
>account-based online
>analog shoulder triggers
>specs at least as good as xbone
>$300
>>
>>322885945
>Wii U is dead
>3DS has been fully blown open and 2016 looks like it's last year in games

Assuming NX will replace both, the NX will do trouble against a $350 PS4 that has a shitton of games. Sony even has the advantage of doing the same thing Nintendo did with the 3DS and Vita, by price dropping the PS4 at any time and securing some exclusive games that used to develop for Nintendo.

NX handheld will have trouble getting games because it's userbase will be 0 in japan. As we know, japan doesn't like to make games for a platform until everyone else does so it'll take a long time for the handheld to get rolling. Even then, we'll see them release games that are Vita/NX handheld multiplatform assuming they're similar in power.

NX will have a lot of trouble either way, consumer confidence in them have been low with the Wii U.
>>
>>322887087
Wii U had Mario, Monhun, Xenoblade, Smash, and it still flopped.

What makes you think NX won't?
>>
>>322887175
By the time NX is out, PS4 will be less than $300

You can already buy a used PS4 for $200
>>
>>322887214
Wii U didn't have a Monster Hunter sequel, and all those other games Wii U had sold millions.

Problem is though is that the games were too similar and recent from their previous on 3DS which came out before (Land -> 3D World, 7 -> 8, etc). No enough of a difference to buy an entire new console over.
>>
>>322885945
many good cheap nintendo games , dont give a fuck about 3rd party since i got a pc but i want the whole palette of nintendo fun back that i had on snes n64 and gamecube only updated to todays standards.
>>
The only reason people even buy Nintendo hardware is for Mario Kart and Pokemon

Proof, see the sales.
>>
So you guys saying you don't want to buy 10 NX consoles for a 4K Mario Kart or 50 consoles for a 8K MGS: Phantom Pain?
>>
When is Pokemon going to be Open-World and finally be on a console?
>>
>>322888171
never , they'd rather shill our for a mobile game that tracks numbers via gps... love how they still havent shown any game graphic , just concept bullshit of happy non gamer people running around in the real world doing everything but playing videogames.
>>
File: 1450740291978.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1450740291978.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>322887914
>Not Daisy-Chaining 200 consoles for a 16K 144fps game of the latest PS4-->NX port.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR 1080P@60FPS
>>
>>322888171
Why spend millions of dollars making a console game like that when you could spend half the money on a handheld game and make double the profit?
>>
>>322888435
Then why does Nintendo spend half the money to make a console?
>>
>>322888492
They make more money selling hardware than they do selling software.
>>
>>322888492
either:

getting back into the "normal" console market with all the call of duty and other mainstream 3rd party bullshit. Noone is making games for the wii u atm except for nintendo themselfs and even those games come out at a very slow rate. Gotta get rid of the wii u name that people connect to mario kart only

Or:
trying to lure the fans back in. Ever since the wii was released nintendo upset the hardcore fanbase by casualizing everything. They attempted this by releasing the wii u (the u stands for you cuz we want you to play with it hurr durr) but that didnt really work that well due to the whole controller gimicky and lack of a good and big game library.
>>
>>322885945
>be specific

Ok mr.marketer info collector. But nothing I want will ever happen because the industry has changed too much to cater to older gamers like me. But...

-NO FUCKING GIMMICK. Not only was Nintendo's gimmick success a onetime thing with the Wii, and not only are people like me sick of them dumbing their games design down to include these intrusive gimmicks. Developers are sick of nintendo's policy of trying to shoehorn in gimmicks into the games made for their console. It's over Nintendo, you wont get another Wii. Give up and make another good console like you're capable of. This includes you faggots forcing in a dual platform thing that was patented. Just a fucking NORMAL yet decently powerful console that hooks up 2 a TV with a normal controller. IS THAT SO HARD FOR YOU FAGS?

-3rd party support to include and have Classic style 2D castlevanias, 2D megaman titles, true final fantasy games and resident evils that arent wigger garbage. Maybe a soul calibur again and some monsterhunter title.

-1st party support to include fast mario games, 2D metroid, a fast F-zero title, a paper mario that isn't butchered somehow, and a mainline animal crossing game without DLC and paywalls shoehorned in everywhere, and so help me god if you fucking port and upres new leaf you lazy fuckers...

-Dont follow the trend and paywall online,you'll lose even more customers. Also stop babyfying your online. Parents should know what they're getting into when they buy a fucking networking device for their fucking children. All you're doing is making the online intrusive and nonfunctional trying to be familyfriendly.

It's time to grow up Nintendo. The nongamers and megacasuals who strongly supported the wii are gone, you're not going to have another gimmick success. There's a middleground of a potential core of 10's of millions of people out there that you're ignoring for smartphone babies and waggling retards. None of this will ever happen though, so fuck it.
>>
>>322889340
Metroid is pretty dead. It's been gone for so long, that no body probably knows what it is except they know who Samus is.
>>
>>322885945
I don't think I'm going to buy one because I just don't play enough games to justify buying consoles anymore
>>
>>322890275
The game is only as dead as Nintendo's creativity for making such games. So sadly you're probably right as long as they keep their current dev and localization teams. Any team they have now is probably cancer and only knows how to develope games centered around gimmicks.
>>
It just needs to get AAA 3rd party titles like CoD, FIFA, etc. and play them at same or better graphics settings as the PS4/Xbone.

Every multiplat + Nintendo exclusives = $$$

Its not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>322890675
People who buy Nintendo consoles dont care about Fifa or call of wigger. They want what this fag said >>322889340. Give us megaman X titles and 2D castlevanias, or what about new mischief makers or blast corps. Hell a new gyromite type game even or RC proam or waverace,or contra, or mighty bomb jack maybe...there's so many fucking potential series and IP's that are squandered to only "play it safe".
>>
It's gonna be a niche system for a specific market, it won't compete with the ps4 and xbone, its gonna be for people that wanna play Nintendo games and whatever exclusives it gets
>>
>>322890675
>>322890860

thats the issue.... they thin they lost the buffer money they had to try new and innovative stuff and make the things people like... If they would release some snes quality zelda mario fzero kirby metroid and pokemon games with good gameplay and a shitton of content for a cheap price like indies do right now they would be back on track again.
>>
>>322890675
>>322890860
>Every multiplat
Not quite, but quality versions of stuff like Deus Ex, Street Fighter, Persona, Final Fantasy, etc. would sell great on a Nintendo system.
Indeed, Deus Ex HR sold over 100K on Wii U despite being years old, imagine if it was there at launch.
>>
>>322885945

It's going to outsell the PS4 + PS2 combined.
>>
File: Marina Sirtis ass 2.jpg (33 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Marina Sirtis ass 2.jpg
33 KB, 512x384
No region lock
No censorship
No games locked to console
>>
Just let Nintendo die as a hardware dev, they're bad at it.
>>
>>322891219
Because, Deus Ex was perfect on the Wii U, its inventory on the screen and everything. ON A CONSOLE GAME? The Wii U would of actually won that generation if Nintendo bring in more developers and actually helped them to take advantage of the second screen. Hell Persona would of succeeded in that too, even Final Fantasy.
>>
>>322887087
You mean Smash 6. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is regarded by Mr. Sakurai as the fifth entry in the series.
>>
>>322886781
That's the thing. We don't know. They won't fucking tell us what it is.
>>
>>322891428
Developers dont care about Nintendo's gimmicks nor do they want to be forced to use them anymore. That is the number one thing that's driven devs away from Nintendo aside the Sony and Microsoft fanbase having no standards and buying half assed garbage meaning easier sales.
>>
Whatever it is it will be big.
It will either be a huge success and sell heaps, or a gigantic failure and almost end Nintendo, there will be no middle ground.
Its actual name though will be called the Nintendo Wii One
>>
File: consider-the-following.jpg (25 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
25 KB, 300x301
The PS2 was a really shitty console, that's why more than half of the users jumped ship and never bought a PS3.

The Xbox 360 was a unreliable piece of shit, that's why most of its users jumped ship to the PS4.

The PS4 is even worse than the PS2 as a terrible console, so more than 80% of PS4 users wont buy a PS5.

People still think the Wii U is an add-on. Once they see that NX is a new Nintendo console.... Boom we have a Wii on steroids sales wise. Sony is fucked next gen and Microsoft will make a comeback as people realize their consoles are now reliable.
>>
>>322891881
Kimishima already confirmed it's not going to be another wii or anything like it. Try again.
>>
File: 1452091743594.jpg (57 KB, 479x484) Image search: [Google]
1452091743594.jpg
57 KB, 479x484
>>322892263

>The PS2 was a shitty console
>>
>>322892263
I agree that ps2 was a shitty console, especially compared to PS1's quality library of just GREAT games...but be prepared for the flood of neofags replying. or wasthat your plan
>>
>>322892263
>Its all about the console
No one cares about the console or its power, if they did then everyone would have a PC.
It is all about whether or not the NX has good opening and upcoming games.

Although then again the PS4 had neither of those and did sell well. I guess there is literally no way of telling how good it will do until we see it.
>>
>>322892427

Sales of the PS3 prove that. Same thing with PSP. PSP was the worse handheld ever made and the sales of the Vita prove that.
>>
>>322886128
no
no
and ummm.... no
>>
>>322892527
PS4 had the legacy of the PS3 behind it.

Sony made sure that the PS3 got a lot of games at the end of it's life and it got more support than the 360.

Whereas MS abandoned the 360 gamers and just concentrated on kinect games and shit.

The hardcore gamers are like Sony had better games last year while the 360 had nothing but casual games, I'll get a PS4 instead.
>>
>>322892583

You are way past the point of acceptable stupidity my friend.
>>
>>322892263
>PS2 owners jumped ship because PS2 sucked
Yeah, nah. Not gonna argue whether or not the PS2 sucks, but it was most definitely the FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS and Blu-Ray was still very new

Please stop thinking you're some kinda econ genius
>>
>>322892527

PS4 is selling due to a mass exodus of former Xbox 360 owners burned by RROD. They jumped from the frying pan into the fire though as the PS4 is even worse than the PS2 as a games console. They will jump ship again.
>>
>>322885945
>What will it take to make you buy one?
Nintendo not artificially keeping their software prices up months, if not years, after release. Mario Kart 8 is still $60 on most retailers, I don't know of any games released on other platforms that still sell for full price after over a year.
>>
>>322886128
>>322892697
We at least know Squeenix is onboard.
>>
>>322892873
Mario Kart 8 is, as a matter of fact, better now than it was back on release, so why the hell would they lower the price?
>>
File: Nintendo_level.jpg (83 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo_level.jpg
83 KB, 768x1024
It will flop by console standards yes.
For several reasons.

1. Nintendo has scared away most of the third party publishers with their nazi-like control over their software. Not allowing uPlay for Ubisoft games and EA-login for EA games was the last straw.

2. Vast majority of people who buy Nintendo products do it only to play their 1st party titles, which is very obvious when you look at NCG/Wii/WiiU software sales. Quite literally 99% of the third party games sold horrible, despite being very decent games.

3. Nintendo has been acting like a jew for a while, making even their die-hard fans reconsider. With tactics like not including a charger for 3DS XL, releasing a N3DS XL - while promising many exclusives but failing to deliver, selling ROM's at full game prices and so on.

4. They will always lag behind an entire generation when it comes to hardware. This makes it hard for any multiplats to be ported.

5. They suck at advertising. Look at the image and tell me that's fine.
Europe is 2nd largest (soon to be 1st) of video game sales, yet Nintendo ignores the market completely. Most stores that sell console games, often dont even carry their stuff.

6. No pre-owned market. This is a big deal for a big portion of console buyers. Early adapters dont care, but people who buy a console 2-3 years after launch DO expect to play some launch titles with normal price range.
Yet Nintendo games very often still cost as much as they did at launch (with the exception of shovelware)
>>
>>322886012
This.
>>
>>322893289
>Not allowing uPlay for Ubisoft games and EA-login for EA games was the last straw.
Honestly I feel like this is a good thing. I always hated that shit
>>
>>322892731

People don't think the PSVita is an add-on. They know its the successor the PSP, and since the PSP was a piece of shit, well, they voted with their wallets and stayed far away from the Vita..
>>
>>322893150
>Mario Kart 8 is, as a matter of fact, better now than it was back on release
Yes, and for more money as well since the DLC isn't free.
>so why the hell would they lower the price?
To get more people to buy, I would assume? I'm not demanding Nintendo lowers the price on their software, I'm just saying there's no way in hell I'm paying full price for 1 or 2 year old games when I just bought The Witcher 3 for under $20 on sale, and Bloodborne for under $30 with the DLC.
>>
>>322893416

But this is just an automatic login. That's it. Just a portal-service.

It's not like they wanted to bring Origin to WiiU or something.
>>
>>322885945

$250 price point.
>>
>>322893289
>Europe is 2nd largest (soon to be 1st) of video game sales
I just wanna let you know that this statement sounds very retarded
You've got six inhabited continents--we can immediately eliminate Africa and Asia since most chinks and ruskies shit up F2P games, then Australia and South America (really, just Brazil) because of their crazy taxes and prices on games/consoles, then all you've got left is North America and Europe so of fucking course Europe is #2, quit talking out of your ass.
>>
>>322893448

No my friend, consoles don't sell because they don't offer what people want. PSP was way better than VITA and 3DS is better than VITA so people buy 3DS instead.

If what you say is true then N64 and Gamecube sold like shit because SNES and N64 were bad consoles which wasn't the case.

PS3 lost the same way as XB1, shooting itself in the feet with moronic anti-consumer and anti-developer policies.
>>
>>322893573
>just an automatic login
And registration
>>
>>322893746

Japan is also relevant.
Rest of the Asia is also considered a separate market.
Everything else (Australia, New Zealand, Brazil etc) is also considered a separate market. (RoW)
>>
File: WTF is this shit.jpg (19 KB, 400x297) Image search: [Google]
WTF is this shit.jpg
19 KB, 400x297
>>322893740
>$250
>for a new console
>>
>>322893868
Japan is relevant to itself and only itself.
>>
File: vg.consoles.01.lg.jpg (12 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
vg.consoles.01.lg.jpg
12 KB, 440x330
>>322893987
>>
>>322893987
Sorry, I'm literally retarded, don't mind me.

>>322894047
There I go again saying retarded shit without thinking
>>
>>322893771

> PS3 lost the same way as XB1, shooting itself in the feet with moronic anti-consumer and anti-developer policies.

But PS3 didn't lose.
It sold more hardware and software.

Also
> anti-consumer and anti-developer policies.

You are mistaking PS3 with X360, right?
Because PS3 was THE console people bought because of it's user-friendlyness.

> Integrated WiFi (was a $99 add-on for X360)
> Easily switchable HDD
> Free online
> Super good media support
> Early models with PS2+PS1 compability
> Very low failure rates
> XMB UI
>>
>>322894128

Ironically 360 won just by adding online fees even if you count the defeat on hardware and software.
>>
>>322888171
When the pokemon company dies. They're literally the reason we never get console pokemon games, and instead get the cod equivalent on handhelds with no real innovation.
>>
>>322894047
You want another Wii? Are you for fucking real?
>>
>>322894228

Yep, X360 did generate more revenue.

While PS3's hardware was a literal blackhole of money for Sony.
>>
>>322885945
iwata's ghost pls go
>>
>>322888171
>>322888259
>>322894230
The NX is both a console AND a handheld, so we'll get gen VII there.
>>
Nintendo needs to take a loss, they need to rebuild consumer confidence and bide their time. A lot of nintendo fans had their faith in Nintendo destroyed over the past few years, it's likely they wont be first in line to get the NX either.

Cheap NX console
Lots of multiplatform games
great selection of first party games
non shitty online

Then slowly be the best console they can be until next gen when people will look back and said damn the NX is great, I'll grab the next gen version.

Until then, everyone is worried about Nintendo focusing more on amiibos, DLCs and mobile games and dropping their console again if it doesn't do well at the start, leaving people who bought the console stuck with only a few games released every year.
>>
>>322894289
Casuals are that retarded and have that bad of taste and standards, so he probably does. That's the reason Nintendo tried to cater to them 2 generations ina row.
>>
File: 1451357899394.png (270 KB, 480x619) Image search: [Google]
1451357899394.png
270 KB, 480x619
>>322885945
I don´t know if it will flop or not, but I am not buying, I am sick of Nintendo´s censoship.

I will only play on PC for now on.
>>
File: 1452043763134.gif (737 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1452043763134.gif
737 KB, 200x250
>>322894047
>wii
>>
>>322894128
Sony lost a lot of money on the PS3 but they played it off perfectly before the transition.

Rather than discontinue it and try to force a next gen really soon, they just did the best they could by releasing first party games and getting games from third parties and all those stuff you listed.

This good will translated to people excited and happy to get the PS4 because they know Sony will treat it right like the PS3 did. Whereas they know what MS will do once they get the lead, a lot of casual garbage games.
>>
>>322894565
>censoship
These are videoGAMES, you retard, not movies. Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>322894409
>past few years

Try the past 8 years or so since the Wii launched. I've been playing Nintendo games since before most of /v/ was even fucking born. I'll never forget how harshly I was betrayed as a long time fan with what they did with the Wii.

I knew as soon as I saw Reggie take that E3 stage, that something was wrong. The way they worded their presentation was completely off. They used buzzwords to let us know they were abandoning the core for "blue ocean" and a more "streamlined approach". This is why /v/ was so pissed for 5-6 straight years about the Wii until most of us gave up hope and stopped arguing. We realized Nintendo died that day and any semblance of gameplay quality was going out the window for a new audience with no skill or standard for the games they play.
>>
>>322894382
And I'm saying it won't be the game you want, it will just be the same shit they've been shoving down or throats for 20 years, plus one may gimmick to make people think it's actually different from the rest. Also mega evolutions turned this series meta into the vidya equivalent of yugioh.
>>
>>322894565
You know they censored 2 Two games in 30+ years right?
>>
>>322885945
Yes, the NX will flop.

Nothing, I never bought a Nintendo console after the 5th gen and during the 4th and 3rd gen I basically grew up playing 3rd party games, so I have no attachments to their franchises.
>>
>>322894717
You're not the neo-/v/ generation then. I remember those times as well clearly.

Neo-/v/ generation is all about amiibos, mobile games and damn you nintendo for betraying us with censorship.
>>
>>322892904
Yeah because they didn't confirm that Dragon Quest XI will not be released on NX. Yeah that is HUGE SUPPORT, I MEAN IS FUCKING DRAGON QUEST AND WE AREN'T JAPANESE, DRAGON QUEST IS A SYSTEM SELLER!
>>
>>322890675
The problem is that nintendo has the highest royalties, worst dev support, a shit install base and draconian policies. They haven't had good third party support since the snes, but at least they had some.
>>
Why do people say the NX will flop when we don't know what the fuck is the NX? We don't even know what are they even putting into this hardware.
>>
>>322885945
I only require, as a minimum, Zelda, Smash Bros and Mario Kart. Xenoblade, Monster Hunter and Bayonetta 3 will probably seal the deal. However, if Zelda Wii U is bad then I'll hold off on my purchase. Or if the next Smash isn't directed by Sakurai I'll also hold off on my purchase.
>>
>>322895209

Read pre-Wii comments on the net. Wii will flop was all the rage back then.
>>
It will be a ''Steam'' for Nintendo games. Miyamoto just became a PCfag.
>>
File: NX FACTs v3.png (632 KB, 1224x2200) Image search: [Google]
NX FACTs v3.png
632 KB, 1224x2200
>>
>>322885945
The biggest issue Nintendo has is that millions of core gamers have just (within the last 2 years) bought a ps4/xbone and likely won't upgrade again for another 3. A console rivaling the ps4 isn't going to move units and a console surpassing it will be outdated when this core audience decides to move on

They need a damn good gimmick or lineup to sell anything
>>
>>322895209
Wii succeeded because it was announced and released at the same time as the 360 and the PS3 came later.

Wii U came at the end of the PS3 and 360's life when everyone is moving on and buying the consoles for $99 while Wii U was at $300.

NX is coming into the middle of the gen with the X1 and PS4 already established themselves with a lineup of gaming incoming for them.

NX is out of place and will take a lot of work to sell well.
>>
>>322885945
flop no one in nintendo can seem to understand that people are plebs and want a normal controller with a "powerful" console ALL they would have to do is make it on par with ps4 or as a year or 2 has gone by slightly more powerful more ram of some shit to make plebs interested and shit out 4-5 nintendo games and get 3rd party on board at launch and it would print money

they also need to learn that 3 - 4 player couch gaming is on its death bed and people play via the internet now 90% of the time
>>
>>322895134

Nintendo only recently started to not have good third party support and even then the 3DS still has pretty good third party support, it's only apparant for the WiiU because of the cruddy launch and it yet again being much weaker than its "competitors"

The Wii was when it started to waiver becasue it was just two gamecubes duct taped together while the other systems (back then) were powerhouses, and even then the Wii still got some pretty good third party support, although reluctantly.
>>
How does one enter into a console gen halfway?

How do you get people to buy your product in a market with two already deeply-rooted competitiors?

Is the Wii U technically 7.5th gen now?
>>
If NX is to succeed, Nintendo needs to put a lineup that is worth it for the current PS4, XB1 owners. Zelda, Animal Crossing, etc. Bring in some indies and large 3rd parties.
>>
>>322892427

Well the console itself was pretty shitty.

made out of alimunium foil and broke over the slightest bit of pressure.
still only two controller ports and had to buy two more
the weakest out of the three

just because ti had good games, don't stop the console for being a piece of doody.
>>
>>322885945
I'm probably gonna buy it anyway because I have a job.
>>
>>322896605
>Broke over the slightest pressure.
That is bullshit and you know it.

However I agree to the other two points. It was weak in raw power and family get together, but it hella had good games.
>>
>>322892263
You have no goddamned idea why people actually jumped from PS2 to 360, do you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4
>>
>>322885945
actually wii u emulation. I skiped the the current gen and buying cheap wii u games would be great
>>
>>322885945
Good games, I guess.
SE seems to be interested in the NX, I kind of want to see a console DQM, but I don't know how it'd do. Japanese people don't seem to be too shy when it comes to console DQs, though, so who knows.
If DQXI IS coming to NX, I don't know if I'd get it, since I already have a PS4 for it and many other upcoming games. Maybe they could do something special with it that's only able to be done on the NX, but we know nothing about it.
I think a Super Mario Sunshine 2 or Animal Crossing NX would make me buy one.
I was actually hoping a console AC and SMS2 would be announced at Nintendo's E3 last year, and it was going to be my deciding factor in getting a Wii U.
>>
File: enino-man-no.gif (1022 KB, 280x215) Image search: [Google]
enino-man-no.gif
1022 KB, 280x215
Yes, it will flop.

Nothing can convince me to buy one. I was already fooled twice with the Wii and WiiU.

They promised a return to grace with the WiiU, with tons of first and 3rd party support.

Now they're dropping it in favour of the next shiny thing. And that's not even accounting for the drop in quality in all 1st party titles, all the amiibo shit, and the scummy shit Nintendo pulled this gen (like shutting down PM and Mario romhacks, the YT thing, and censorship from NoA).

Seriously, fuck Nintendo.

I'm done.
>>
>>322893289
>Not allowing uPlay for Ubisoft games and EA-login for EA games
this is a good thing
>Quite literally 99% of the third party games sold horrible, despite being very decent games.
[citation needed] on them being actual decent games
>not including a charger for 3DS XL
not true
>promising many exclusives but failing to deliver
what did they fail to deliver?
>selling ROM's at full game prices
what you want them to give games away for free? nothing on vc is even close to "full game price"
>This makes it hard for any multiplats to be ported.
yea i was just thinking i need a FOURTH machine to play call of duty
>Look at the image and tell me that's fine
it's kind of dumb but it's not directed at people like you and me
>Europe is 2nd largest (soon to be 1st) of video game sales
and they only buy fifa/pes/football manager
>No pre-owned market
this one is definitely nintendo's fault. fuck them for making games so good that people want to keep them rather than sell them back to gamestop
>>
>>322885945
Depends on if they announce Metroid 5 at e3.
>>
>>322885945
It better have traditional controls or I'm not buying that shit. Face it people, the concept of the Wii killed the flexibility of their games and third party support.
>>
NINTENDO BTFO.
>>
How does Cloud Strife coming to sm4sh NOT confirm that the FFVII remake will be on the NX (or at least the Wii U)?
>>
>I don't know
>at least three games I REALLY want and a non-retarded price point
>>
>>322902286
Because it doesn't?

Because MGS4 and MGSV and MGR never came to Nintendo consoles?

All Nintendo got was a shitty port of MGS3 for 3DS that runs like garbage.
>>
>>322902627
Brawl never used DLC to get hype for other games, aside from maybe KI. Snek getting into Brawl was like Mega Man getting into sm4sh.

Sm4sh has a track record of including characters to support other releases. How the hell do you think Lucina and Robin got it? Corn? The only reason Bayo got in was the ballot.

They gave no indication of why Cloud got in. It HAS to be because of FFVII. I don't buy the "he's a popular character." Then why wasn't he in a past game? Or in the day one sm4sh release?
>>
File: 9654218546666.png (513 KB, 727x516) Image search: [Google]
9654218546666.png
513 KB, 727x516
>>322902286
I don't know. How does Ryu coming to sm4sh NOT confirm that SFV will be on the NX (or at least the Wii U)?
>>
>>322889340
I will fight you over the gamepad being a "gimmick", I fucking love that thing.
>>
>>322904017
Ryu has been on Ninty consoles before though, just like Snek. It means nothing, but it does make Cloud's inclusion unique.
>>
>>322903425
Is SFV coming to WiiU/NX?

You're grasping at straws, quit being dumb.

WiiU can't handle FFVIIR, and there is no indication the NX could. If it's part handheld, it won't.

And even if it did come to NX, what does it matter? For one, it's coming to PS4 first. Making the NX version irrelevant. Second, game not the second coming of Christ, people are having doubts already, the fans will play it on PS4, and the rest will get it for the console with the largest install base: the PS4. No one is getting an NX to play a game they could play on a console they already own/a console with less games. The only people who care if it comes to NX are Nintendo fans, and only the most autistic hard core ones, the majority of them are pissed after the WiiU.

NX is dead on arrival. FFVIIR won't save it.
>>
>>322885945
>Will the NX flop?
Hopefully not. I hope Nintendo have an ace up their sleeves. Although I have no idea what it could be.
Super Mario 128: Return to Bob Omb Battlefield
>>
Foxconn employee here.
We manufacture the controllers for the NX, it will have add-ons for biometric input

It means it will have a fleshlight add-on and a dildo add-on
>>
>>322902286
Same way that Snake didn't confirm MGS4 on the Wii, Ryu won't confirm SFV on the Wii U, and Bayonetta probably won't confirm Bayo 3 on NX.
>>
>>322904453
I ought just through your entire fucking argument in the trash because of this line:
>Is SFV coming to WiiU/NX?

See >>322904248
>Ryu has been on Ninty consoles before though, just like Snek. It means nothing, but it does make Cloud's inclusion unique.

Also, why the hell wouldn't the NX be able to run FFVIIR? You nor I know literally nothing about it.

No one is arguing about it coming to PS4, you fucking sonygger. I'd like it to come to a Nintendo console since I don't own a PS4 and I don't really see it coming to Vita or PS3.
>>
>asking whether it will flop instead of whether it will succeed
totally not a paid smear campaign
>>
>>322904963
I fail to see your logic seeing as though you also don't own an NX. Either way, you're gonna have to buy something to play it.
>>
>>322904963
Oh, so your a fanboy then.

Oh, ok then.
>>
>>322894565
Fuck off weeb
>>
>>322885945
Decent specs, no gimmicks, solid launch titles.
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.