[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ain't Valve supposed to talk about the HTC Vive sometime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: htcvive.png (587 KB, 955x590) Image search: [Google]
htcvive.png
587 KB, 955x590
Ain't Valve supposed to talk about the HTC Vive sometime today including their "BIG BREAKTHROUGH"?

When's that supposed to happen?
>>
The big breakthrough was a camera on the front to let you see where you're going
>>
Will it have social network integration?
>>
File: 1451970202897.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1451970202897.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
It's a camera so you die on your furniture. Massive leap forward so worth 500<
>>
>>322884079
Makes sense, but I don't think that's confirmed yet.

This showed up on HTC Turkey's youtube channel today.
Don't know if it's new or not, but explicitly mentions "no boundaries" which doesn't make a whole a lot of sense since one of the major limitations of VR is the necessity of a definite VR space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2B11mLOxiE
>>
>>322884131
Jesus, literal facebook.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_PojnZMGUE

Oh this guy talks about the camera.
>>
Yeah, it's just the camera.
>>
>>322884317
Wow a demo of fucking VR paint. Valve is killing VR with their bullshit.
>>
>>322884009
>https://youtu.be/FnWSpFq2m6c
It's a camera on the front.
>>
>>322885127
They're just too secretive about their development.

They've said multiple times they're making their own VR oriented game.
>>
>>322884079
The camera wasn't the big breakthrough.
>>
The big breakthough is a augmented reality layer thanks to the front facing camera.
>>
If it's not the front-facing camera (which is pretty cool i suppose), I really hope it's integrated eye-tracking
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.