[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AYYYYYY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: bbaliens.jpg (318 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bbaliens.jpg
318 KB, 1920x1080
Okay I admit this was the last fucking thing I thought I'd find at the bottom of the Forbidden Woods.

I'm up to Bergenwerth now, should I fight Rom or go kill the Darkbeast and the boss at Cainhurst yet? Which should I do the Hunter's Nightmare DLC?

Also is the Spike Driver any good?
>>
>>322879029

Oh also the doll's been slumping against the wall unresponsively lately ever since I gave her the hair ornament thing. She still channels blood echoes but is there something wrong?
>>
>>322879967
you don't have any insight
>>
>>322880021

Oh right, makes sense. I was saving the madman's knowledge items and I bought some stuff from the shop.
>>
>>322879029

holy fuck that games looks like shit
>>
Go to hunters asap, the weapons there are fantastic. Say what you want, I love the boom hammer. As long as you are around 70 the dlc is just challenging, not crippling.
>>
File: Overly Cheery Gold Fellow.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
Overly Cheery Gold Fellow.png
572 KB, 600x580
>>322880497
>>
>>322880638

I got trashed the last time I went there, my weapons are +6 but the damage they did on the first hunter was pathetic.
>>
>>322880638
How badly am I going to get rekt if Im lv50 with at best +9% atk gem on my +6 pizza cutter?
>>
>>322879029

Do the area's in this order OP.

Central Yharnam,
Chathedral Ward
Old Yharnam(Optional)
Hemwick Charnel Lane(Optional)
Forbidden Woods
Byrgenwerth
Yahar'gul
Upper Chatedral Ward(Optional)
Cainhurst(Optional)
Nightmare Frontier(Optional)
Nightmare of Mensis

After that Hunter's dream DLC
>>
>>322880856
You can get a lot of the good weapons just by running. Right up until Ludwig at least. Who will repeatedly hand your ass to you. As for the hunters. The beast cutters and Saif hunters are trivial to parry, viscerals are your best friend. Boom hammer hunters have a smaller window to a lot of their attacks, but parrying is still the best option. If you want the bowblade early, I recommend cheesing Simon by running to the shortcut and attacking through the door. There are loads of videos on it.
>>
Cainhurst is pretty easy, just skip the bloodsuckers at the start they're WAY harder than anything else in that level
>>
>>322881191

So I should leave Cainhurst and the Gaol til after I kill Rom?

>>322881336

So have a go, but if that doesn't work just run like hell, got it.
>>
>>322880889
Pretty rekt, practice parrying the main types of hunter and run from the blood-drinkers. If you can't beat Ludwig, you'll need to level. Maria and Orphan didn't give me half as much trouble as he did.
>>
>>322881448
You can fight the darkbeast really early if you haven't yet. I took him down with a +3 hunters axe and it was trivial, just don't give him a chance to re-energise
>>
>>322879029
do everything else before Rom, because killing Rom starts a new "phase" of the game, and some stuff gets locked out

stake driver is complete shit, barring it's charged R2, which is amazing; people who use it mostly just use it's R2 on bosses and use something else for the rest of the game

old hunter's DLC you wanna be around level 70-80 for, or a lower level if you're really good and don't mind taking 4 minutes to kill the basic enemies
>>
>>322881448

Cainhurst can be done earlier but remember it's boss is incredibly difficult at that point.

Gaol and darkbeast praal can be defeated when you get captured or you can come back later when you are technically supposed to go there(after byrgenwerth, when the bloodmoon is full).
>>
>>322881782
I killed Fake Iosefka and Henryk. What else should I do?
>>
>>322881782

What stuff gets locked out?

>>322881795

Honestly I'd be more interested in killing Paarl if it wasn't for that pain-in the ass room with the two backstab hags I have to jump around like an idiot avoiding then the two snatcher dudes who seem to kill me so fucking easily.
>>
>>322883147
Walk in and immediately back out for the witches. Use thrust weapons like the saw spear for snatchers. It interrupts them till death.
>>
>>322883147
>>322882492
certain items from fauxsefka, quest lines for characters, saving all of the "survivors"
hyporeon gaol swaps it's enemies out and some items go AWOL in the post-rom version

it's mostly little shit, but you wanna make sure you've kinda wrapped up loose ends in yarnham before you kill rom

DLC is probably best saved after rom because of the levels and upgrades you need to do it without ridiculous difficulty
>>
>>322883948
>>322883147
snatcher tip:
1) bait them into doing 1 attack (hover outsiode their range for this)
2) hit them with 1 heavy
3) they now start charging up their super
4) which charging, walk around back and do a charged heavy
5) visceral
6) ???
7) profit

I was farming them at the point where any 1 of their attacks would kill me, but this is a fool-proof way to kill them
>>
>>322883957

So I have to do cainhurst first if I want to finish Alfried's quest thing?

>>322884123

I'll try it thanks.
>>
>>322884445
>So I have to do cainhurst first if I want to finish Alfried's quest thing?
yup
don't think that killing rom interrupts this quest, but souls games tend to have a way of fucking with you, so it can't hurt to get it out fo the way beforehand
>>
>>322882492
Did you get all the NPCs to the chapel? Including the nun in the Hypogean Gaol?
>>
>>322885069

I've gotten the prostitute, the old lady, the skeptical guy, and the nun there. I found the beggar on the roof in the woods but I heard he kills everyone.
>>
>>322885069
Yup got the nun, the whore, the oldman, and the granny in Chapel, blind man to Clinic.
>>
The Cainhurst boss is pretty diffitcult, I'd wait OP.
The castle itself is a realy dope level though.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.