[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chivalry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (578 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
578 KB, 1920x1080
Which class is the best and why?
>>
>>322870940
MAA

Because DEX > STR
>>
>>322870940
Vanguard, because big swords
>>
>>322870940
This game is garbage.
>>
Uninstall Knight
>>
>>322871302
Shhh
You hear that?
It is the sound of _______git gud
>>
>>322871556
I think there's less than 1k people interested in getting good at what this game has become
>>
>>322870993
>DEX > STR
Just spin to win pham and MAA will stop existing
>>
>>322871556
Original and Hilarious
>>
Archer > All

It's like bringing a gun to a knife fight.
>>
The warband class
>>
>>322871751
this
>>
>>322870940
what the fuck happened to this game to where people literally all just quit fucking playing it out of the blue?
>>
File: gitgud.jpg (38 KB, 534x486) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.jpg
38 KB, 534x486
>>322871656
Not original.

>>322871556
Here, I'll help with your shitposting.
>>
>>322871848

>archers never nerfed, only limited
>combat devolves to how hard you push the engines limit and make combat look wacky dumb shit with reverse overheads
>slightest bit of lag or person with above average ping will throw out the timing of combat completely

I'm surprised people stuck around for as long as they did
>>
>>322871848
No idea, I got pretty bored, though I do with most games.
>>
>>322871953
Thanks familia
>>
>>322870940
Whichever class allows you to uninstall the game
>>
>>322871978
Oh that's right, that fucking 2 hander dodgy fucking swing was bullshit, you get 2 hits for 1.

You crouch, hold a strong attack in and flick your mouse forward when you release, so that you get his with the weapon up in the air and when it lands.

And the devs didn't balance shit.
>>
>>322872193

You can't get hit twice with 1 hit, you could ever only take one damage instance from a single attack.

The point was you either have to guess whether you parry immediately so you don't get hit by the instance reverse or if you should parry late when he drags the swing back around onto you. Turned combat into guess work and no amount of skill could make you predict perfectly what kind of reverse attack it will be in under .4 seconds, not counting server quality which makes it even harder.

And the devs did balance shit, but they were just terrible at it and listened to the wrong people.
>>
>>322872381
I'm telling you, I was with a friend that use to do that shit all the time, now I'm thinking it might have been in number 1.

Was funny as hell to watch, pick a hammer then cause looking up slightly rotated so the hammer's hit detection would be at the front you would hit register twice.
>>
>>322870940
Game's ruined by spinning fags. They should remake the combat and put more effort into making Chivalry better. It feels like they've abbandoned the game.
>>
I really liked the light-armored pole guy
>>
>>322874662
Same as Mount & Blade then.
>>
>>322872381
You're completely fucking wrong

Getting 2 hits with the same swing is entirely possible. Crouch facing away, overhand hits them right at the start of the swing, you turn around, and bring down the end of the swing on top of them for a second hit

You're 100% wrong
>>
>>322874662
>It feels like they've abbandoned the game.
The latest patch was released less than one month ago
>>
>>322874662
Nah man, devs literally went "Its not a bug, its a feature when adressing it".

Guess they wanted that sweet smash move canceling fanbase or whatever the fuck it was called.
>>
>>322871848
It kept getting updates that broke more things than they fixed.
>>
>>322875258

No you're 100% wrong you fucking retard.

It's specially coded into the game since day 1 that you can only take 1 instance of damage per attack.

You are fucking delusional if you think otherwise.
>>
>>322875258
>>322875719
lol get a room you two xD
>>
>>322871714
Its more like bringing sticks to a sword fight
>>
File: bleasestob.jpg (38 KB, 604x437) Image search: [Google]
bleasestob.jpg
38 KB, 604x437
>>322871978
I remember a bug, i'm certain it must be fixed by now its incredibly exploitable and easy to do.
Allowed you to cancel attacks at any point in the animation and instantly attack again at any point aswell, it sucked through stamina like a madman but that meant little when you became kenshiro due to fists having short windup long cooldown, was fun destroying a knight that way.

Doing it with the bearded axe overheads was also incredibly insane, speed of a dagger if you got the rhythm down.
>>
vanguard because zweihander
>>
>>322877264

That's called feinting.

They've redesigned it a bit (such as you can cancel only during the very start of your wind up animation) but it's still a generally unfun mechanic.
>>
>>322877953
Nah mate its not feinting, swinging, hitting someone and then whilst your axe is touching their head instantly swinging again to attack about 1-2 times a seconds.

This is cancelling during your attack not before.
>>
>>322878157

Oh, that sounds like combo feinting.

It used to be broken with the Bearded Axe back when it was super fast and you could just feint a combo then immediately attack again. This was back before they nerfed it into the piece of shit it is today.
>>
>>322878283
Yeah thats the boy, it wasn't just the bearded axe it was all weapons, broadsword stabs were deadly for it aswell. Smashing someones face with 3 punches a second was so dirty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLVpVKMB1rE
>>
>>322870940
The circus acrobat. Because that's all the game is now. There is a reason why people stay away from it.
>>
I dunno about you guys, but I find the spinning rainbow ballerina dancing high level meta really fun to do.
>>
File: 1346800374468.jpg (26 KB, 444x408) Image search: [Google]
1346800374468.jpg
26 KB, 444x408
I bought the game for the sale

>mfw discovering the dagger
>stunlocking people on the low rank servers with stab combos
>that block animation that makes you feel like a badass

but then i stopped playing on the new player servers and played on actual servers, and now man at arms has gone from kinda fun and good but risky to straight up garbage
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.