[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Affinity quests not telling you what reward you get until
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13
>Affinity quests not telling you what reward you get until you complete them
>Missions with collectibles not telling you where they are
>Cant buy collectibles with reward tickets, only monster drops
>Game doesnt clearly explain the passive and online multiplayer
>Not able to set custom waypoints on the map
>Game tells you to be a certain level for a mission yet expects you to stealth your way past level 50 enemies

I really love this game and its addictive but why in the hell is it this unfriendly for the player?

Was Xenoblade on Wii like this too?
>>
I agree with most of your points, missions with no collectible nav markers really piss me off.

If anything the original is worse.
>>
>lists a bunch of 'problems' that aren't problems but rather a game not holding your hand at every opportunity

no offense are you a Persona fan? while you can search online for all the answers sometimes thinking, figuring, and trying stuff out is okay. you don't lose anything from dying in XBX
>>
>>322866925
>Having to resort to googling every single item location due to shitty left out game mechanics

No offense but are you autistic?
>>
>>322866925
The game is already intimidating as it is even when it does tell you what certain things do or tries to help you learn.

Those points are completely valid. The game is still great.
>>
>>322866174

This along with the fact there are very rare collectibles is just dumb.

What do I prove by running around an area for 20 minutes until the RNG shows mercy?
>>
>>322866174
>Was Xenoblade on Wii like this too?
No, but it did have a few annoyances, like finding the quest giver to turn in the quest could be a real pain. It's a better game over all in almost every way.

XCX is still good, but there are many little things that piss me off plus a crap main story.
>>
>Have to play the game, can't just sit and watch it play itself

Fucking dropped
>>
>>322867064
Another gripe that I had that OP didn't talk about, was how teammates are spread around all over the place.

Yeah, there's fast travel so you can get to your teammates faster, but when so many affinity missions and story missions require specific people, why not just have some sort of way to switch people in and out at will? You can switch your arts, skills, and entire class out just through the menu, and even TELEPORT to your skell through the menu, so the clunky way to switch teammates out just seems strange. Even worse since there's 18 fucking guys.

Also strange that teammates don't share experience/levels even when they're not active. Yeah, farming Joker doesn't take too long, but BP for skills IS shared across inactive teammates, so it's just weird that exp isn't also spread out.

I feel like these would have been acceptable breaks from "realism" or just good quality of life improvements. Game is still good, but these problems are kinda weird.
>>
>>322866174
You always get one of the character's two unique ability + whatever's written on the quest's reward page.
>>
>he isn't playing the game in first person mode
>laughingpronewhores.jpg
>>
>>322867259
You've got a bestiary telling you what monsters drop, use it.
>>
>>322867787
Finding teammates would be easier if they didn't make every hexagon on the map turn into the same exact icon when you completed recon for that segment.

Would have been nice to give squadmember hexagons a visual indicator instead of needing to check.
>>
Will the quests from the BLADE terminal pop up again at some point?

They seem so...generic that I feel like they might and that there is no reason to try and complete them all
>>
>>322867968
Collectibles, the blue orbs scattered everywhere, not monster drops.
>>
>>322867778
the game really does have navigational issues though, more often then not all you get is a "its on this continent" and thats it. at the very least the enemy codex could have given you a name or dot on the map to show you where monsters of that type you last saw were located

>>322867968
He clearly was using the term collectibles to differentiate from monster drops, even by the way he describes his problem you can tell he doesn't mean monster drops
>>
>>322867968
Yes, I'm going to scroll through every single mob in the game through the shitty menus to find a specific item
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
More than anything I wish the text was bigger.
>>
>>322868000
Yep, the BLADE terminal quests that are "gather X item" or "kill X [enemy type]" are on rotation and always come back. You only complete them for easy money and affinity gains. Or if you want the biggest collection of tank tops in the world
>>
File: 1449289578147.png (1016 KB, 1010x767) Image search: [Google]
1449289578147.png
1016 KB, 1010x767
>>322866925
>>322867778
Guys its ok to criticize a game you love even if the flaws arent major.

Do you want a positive instead? I like that fashion gear is an option. There you go.
>>
>>322866174
>woooooooow I neeed my braaain
>>
>>322866174
>>Game tells you to be a certain level for a mission yet expects you to stealth your way past level 50 enemies
Fucking Jair Fortress.
>>
>>322868346
Fucking every mission ever.
>>
This girl is Tidus tier
>>
>>322868328
>NPC needs you to gather items
>The NPC expresses urgency and tells you they are nearby
So I look nearby for a good 45min and the RNG gods will not have that, eventually look it up, they are on the south side of the entire continent, aka not nearby nor close enough to make sense for the "urgency" expressed by the so called "hints" you are given
>>
>>322866174
I chalk it up to a bunch of Japs who have never designed a game with such an open world and multiplayer. There are a lot of things that are really good, but then there's a load of stuff they miss pretty badly on. Hopefully they learn from this, scale back the scope just a tad, and find a good balance between the western and eastern influences on their next game.
>>
>>322868476
A realist in a bad situation?
>>
>>322868476
So they all got their mims 2 years prior to the start of the game.

Was Lin 11 when she got her mim and is now mentally 13, or was she 13 and is now mentally 15?
>>
File: 1349924496887.gif (436 KB, 210x131) Image search: [Google]
1349924496887.gif
436 KB, 210x131
>>322868187
This, it must be fucking hell for the japanese.
>>
>>322866174
That's part of the fun
Yeah that's true. I don't mind too much since I have the strategy guide and stuff exists online but it's pretty archaic
I don't see a problem here. Farming collectibles is fucking easy, while beating certain monsters is basically impossible without a very specific setup
>Game doesnt clearly explain the passive and online multiplayer
It's not that hard to figure out though
>Not able to set custom waypoints on the map
What for? you have two eyes and a map open at all times
>Game tells you to be a certain level for a mission yet expects you to stealth your way past level 50 enemies
Yeah you're supposed to do that, it's part of the quest.

But in general I have to agree. The game does many things very well but a bunch of stuff is really outdated. Especially the sound design bugs me to no end.
>>
File: nine.jpg (26 KB, 225x244) Image search: [Google]
nine.jpg
26 KB, 225x244
>>322867778

>Big huge open world.
>Collectibles all look the same (tiny fucking diamond)
>Game gives no directions
>Just have to wander aimlessly collecting, possibly never finding the item
>Forced to look up locations for even the first few missions the game has because no hints on where the items are

only a Nintentoddler brainless retarded manchild of a faggot like you would defend this awful design
>>
>>322868897
She's 13 years old, inside, and out. Meaning she probably had the mimeosome center tweak her mim to age it a bit.
>>
>>322869048
THE FUCKING SOUND MIXING
If Sawano wants to have weird lyrics in his songs, fine, whatever. Some of them are catchy despite the awful lyrics anyway.

BUT WHY ARE THE LYRICS DROWNING OUT THE CHARACTERS ACTUALLY SPEAKING
SOME SONGS DON'T EVEN HAVE WORDS AND DROWN OUT THE CHARACTERS

IF IT WEREN'T FOR SUBTITLES, YOU'D MISS MOST OF WHAT EVERYONE'S SAYING.
>>
>>322869379
Yeah the soundmixing and lipsyncing are abysmal, don't know if it's only for the English version or if it were like that in the Japanese version too but it's really annoying.
>>
>>322869774
The Japanese version isn't much better
>>
I definitely do think that a game with such a huge world would benefit from more pointers.

Its not a dense and contained environment like in Metroid or Zelda.

Also somehow they managed to make the interface too small and too cluttered at the same time.
Not sure how thats possible.

I like that you get a really fast sprint and hulk jumps right off the bat though.
Same with auto walk. Definitely helps in a huge game like this.
>>
>npc tells me to get item
>not even in Collectopedia yet
>look online
>spawns either in a 2 minute window or during rare as fuck weather and the spawn itself is retarded low
>put my head down and go for it
>finally get it an hour later

I proved nothing to this game other than extreme patience and tolerance for that level of bullshit. I'm glad it at least was somewhat aware of how shit that was and the NPC returned the item like 5 seconds later but goddamn that was horrible and I hated it.
>>
>>322866174
I totally agree, there are so many annoying things about this game, yet i suddenly have 80h on it and want to spend more.
>>
Easy way to fix the item gathering quests would be to make the crystals of the items you need red instead of blue, but keep the vague "find item in [region]" hints, that way it wouldn't be mindnumbingly easy to find them, but once you did enter the area they'd spawn it, you'd know to look for them there.
>>
File: 999999999.gif (157 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
999999999.gif
157 KB, 300x300
I think Xenoblade X is wayyyyyyyyy over fucking hyped and praised for basically being an average grind fest of a JRPG.

That said
>Hit Pii U button
>Open manual
>Online Mode

explains everything

however some shit the game never explains like what the fuck buff / debuff icons stand for at all and you have to look it up

this game is by far mediocre at best and especially since the mutilation censorship it had to endure

pros
>lots of shit to do
>mecs are fun
>lots of tinkering you can do
>combat pretty fun
>artistry is great

cons
>shit graphics / popups / jaggies / textures loading in
>emotionless characters
>cutscenes are a joke
>voice acting is terrible except Erza who is the only voice actor who fits
>censored american edition / no boob slider / no lolis
>shit boring gameplay that gets stale very quick as you unlock just two classes and shit out damage easily
>>
>>322870172
It would be nice to maybe have a FrontierNav probe that helps with a few segments nearby. Doing exactly what you wanted, but making you earn it a little and making FN more useful.
>>
>>322870172
how about [region] not being the hexgon specifically but rather one of the "north of" or "west of" and the names that appear on the map, then add a compass that isn't tied to the mini map. That way it still has plenty of exploration but isn't as vague as [continent]
>>
File: AAAUGH.jpg (224 KB, 775x716) Image search: [Google]
AAAUGH.jpg
224 KB, 775x716
>>322869379
>try to look through the options to adjust audio levels
>you can't adjust audio levels at all
What
the FUCK
were they thinking?
>>
File: half in the vomit.gif (2 MB, 280x296) Image search: [Google]
half in the vomit.gif
2 MB, 280x296
>>322869379
This

Fucking drove me insane. Not to mention most of the music is fucking batshit terrible. Nighttime NLA is just fucking awful. No amount of meme'ing from retards on this board will prove to me any of the music apart from combat is good.

WHAT

YOU SAID SOMETHING ERZA? I CAN'T FUCKING HEAR YOU

WHAAAT

CAN SOMEONE PUT DOWN THE MUS-

WHAAAAAAAAAT
>>
>>322870723
Who the fuck is Ezra? Did you even fucking play the game, retard?
>>
Ignore the trolls

I played the shit out of X but man was I disappointed. Nothing super major, just lots of little flaws that add up and drag the game down. Like building your party for example. It SUCKS to hunt down every individual person you want to add to your party. The game does not tell you where anyone is located at, and there are no special icons on the map. Half the time they aren't even in the areas they frequent because they're in another pointless heart to heart location. In the end why does it even matter? I'm restricted to just Elma and Lin for the majority of missions and its too much of a hassle to care about anyone else
>>
File: Pseudo-Palutena1.png (48 KB, 152x186) Image search: [Google]
Pseudo-Palutena1.png
48 KB, 152x186
>mfw somebody hates on the OST
Literally every song I've heard has been pretty much great. Especially the Ma-non Ship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj78Wvi_-gA
>>
>>322868252
And it's okay to criticize those who shed tears over having to actually put some effort into playing a game.
>>
File: 1231345407851.gif (101 KB, 638x338) Image search: [Google]
1231345407851.gif
101 KB, 638x338
>>322868476
>implying anyone can be the year of the Tidus
>>
>>322871020

WHAAT!? WHAT'S HER NAME?

I CAN'T HEAR

WHAAAAAT

WHAT IS HAPPENING

No, fuck you. Fuck this game. Overhyped garbage from Japan loved by weaboos.
>>
>>322866174
I enjoyed it while playing, but looking back at the story as a whole and everything past the final boss it wasn't all that good.
Maybe the next game will live up to the original Xenoblade
>>
I hate how boring skell combat is...

It's literally just spam your strongest abilities and hope you trigger the RNG and get cockpit mode. I was actually enjoying it when we had to fight on the ground and actually think about positioning and the best time to use arts
>>
>>322872059
I hope the next game has X-tier world design, exploration, maneuverability, customization, item management and combat, but Xenoblade-tier soundtrack, story, character and party manipulation
>>
>>322872237
But chicks dig giant robots
>>
>>322872453
Not when they make the world feel tiny and ruin all the majesty ;-;
>>
>>322866174
No Xenoblade was actually a good game
>>
>>322872560
I dig giant robots
So don't use them? I assume you'd be fine against the stuff that's not huge. I'm probably wrong though, I just finished chapter 4 and am surveying noctilium or however it's spelled so I can do chapter 5.
>>
>>322872710
When you reach a certain point you just have to use them or you're really crippling yourself

I'm 70 hours in and I'm never out of my skell unless I'm in the city or the game forces me out
>>
>>322868252
I love the game. Almost 80 hours into it.
but I agree with OPs examples. I just use a guide to find the collectables.

(Fucking 3D printers in Noctilum)
>>
>>322872857
My condolences. Really looking forward to getting my first one honestly. What's the deal with the ground gear marked as skell gear, does that stuff benefit you more if you're in a skell?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1445169239897.jpg (28 KB, 480x901) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1445169239897.jpg
28 KB, 480x901
>>322866174
The real issue for me is more how the game locks main missions behind unlabeled random affinity missions out in New L.A.

Then proceeds to also lock you in those missions once you accept them and one or two of the tons I've finished were way to hard for the required level listed to start it. I was killing everything within seconds prior even in missions and then I start that affinity mission and get laid the fuck out 4 times then it changed the difficulty.

The thing is I was a good 5 levels ahead of the required yet I still got knocked out repeatedly, and the fact it felt the need to change the difficulty of that encounter makes feel like some of these side missions are sloppy and poorly balanced.

Also love how monster levels sometimes mean nothing, I've walked up to some monsters a good 10+ levels above me and murdered them and then proceeeded to be murdered by another 10 levels below me essentially.

Honestly I just ignore the numbers now.
>>
>>322873349
Yup. Usually your ground gear doesn't do shit for your skell, but there are certain types of armor that will
>>
>>322873353
Size of monster is much more important than level
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.