[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About that FF7 Remake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (91 KB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
91 KB, 1280x716
Are they going to alter this scene you think /v/?

Video of said scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJQMZ8k-wKA
>>
>>322860774
God damn this game looks fucking awful.
>>
>>322860975
In terms of looks or writing?
>>
>>322861027
Visually.
>>
>>322860774
what am i looking at?
>>
>>322861057
Well, least the remaking is shaping up to look pretty damn good.

Although still, it makes me wonder about the game, as they admitted to changing parts of the game due to how the social norm is nowadays.
>>
>>322860774
Why? Cloud kept getting mentally fucked up and convinced to kill Aeris.

If anything, the scene might get altered cause of that "Oh hey! I'm Cait Sith 2.0! Wait, why is Aeris getting killed?" is awkwardly put in as fuck.
>>
>>322861087
Cloud getting controlled by Sephiroth to give him the black materia. Shortly after that Aerith tries to calm him down, only for Cloud to freak the hell out and beat the ever loving shit out of Aerith.
>>
He's going to punch the ground and threaten her instead the worst he'll do is push her.
>>
>>322861187
Figured that on Cait, but wondering if they'll show an ingame cut scene or pan the camera away right as Cloud beats the fuck out of her.
>>
I love how afterwards Cloud's just like "yeah sorry" and Aerith gives no fucks about it either.

I doubt they will show the scene in it's entirety. Everyone is going to scream woman beater if so.
>>
>>322861252
kek
>>
File: 6xbDg17~2.jpg (18 KB, 266x266) Image search: [Google]
6xbDg17~2.jpg
18 KB, 266x266
>>322861252
Post yfw it was Cloud who killed Aeris all along, then he imagined it being Sephiros because he was being controlled.
>>
>>322861367
Oh, he's beating the fuck out of her? I thought always thought he was strangling her.

Yeah, they'll probably change that, cause Aeris taking fifty punches from Cloud and being perfectly fine won't make much sense visually.

Maybe they COULD change it to strangling, or one hit to the face.
>>
File: 1376302932507.jpg (67 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1376302932507.jpg
67 KB, 500x334
It's great that you guys are playing it for the first time but do you really need to make a
>CENSOR CENSOR THEY'RE GOING TO CENSOR THIS
post for every part of the game?
Please let us have our old games. Look, there's an eceleb making a post on facebook! Go get 'em!
>>
Someone remind me, how exactly does Sephiroth control Cloud here. Is it just because of the Jenova cells coursing through him? If so, why does Cloud never turn into a mindless, pathetic drone like the other black cloaks?
>>
File: Luna rape.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Luna rape.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>322860774
They have domestic abuse in FFXV so I don't see why they would change that?

And that being a grown man abusing and attacking a little girl too.

https://youtu.be/YV8aqmPtM2w
https://youtu.be/FXMJTGna_xA
>>
>>322861057
OP pic is Cloud in Dissidia Arcade, the video link is FF7 PS1 version, the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
every time I see another clip of a "controversial" FF7 moment I feel a little more regressive in liking it.

it's not fair.
>>
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/square-enix-reveals-conditions-for-final-fantasy-vii-remake

So do they think FF15 surpasses it or did they just change their mind?
>>
>>322861609
Thank you! I don't know why everyone is freaking out saying, "Oh my god! They're going to censor a woman being hit." When the fuck has that ever happened?

I know we're scared of the censorship boogieman, but video games have women being struck and killed all the time. If they censor the scene, it'll be how fucking awkward the scene was entirely, and how Aeris probably can't take 50 punches from Cloud to begin with.
>>
>>322861576
I've played it years ago when it first came out, but still curious to the scenes they're changing. This one is big in my eyes, as it show cased how bad Cloud was being controlled and how much he was starting to break due to the strain of the reunion process.

>>322861608
Cloud is part of the Reunion/Sephiroth Clone Project, in which he is linked to Sephiroth. Out of all the failures, only he was able to 'complete' what Sephiroth wanted.
>>
>>322861837
Yeah they do, remember the FFXV reveal trailer said "the legend meets its match", and the FF7R trailer said "a legend made real" or something, so FF7 is this "legend" and they consider FFXV to have beaten it which is why they started making FF7 remake now
>>
>>322860774
already forgot it was a thing
i hope i can forget again
fuck you for making me remember
>>
>>322861609
>>322861908

I think there's a big difference from simply grabbing and shoving someone, to sitting on top of them and beating the ever loving shit out of them.

Again, it's a scene I hope they keep as it's a very powerful moment - though worried it'll get changed and make the feeling of how bad Cloud is losing it to. . .just pushing/slapping her once, and then getting knocked out.
>>
File: 1448708353298.png (553 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448708353298.png
553 KB, 500x500
>Beat Aeris's face in with his fist. Was the reason Aeris went by herself and got herself killed.
>Doesn't even feel bad about it and never mentions her again for the rest of the game.

Damn, Cloud is cold blooded.
>>
>>322862175
As someone said before, they may change it to him strangling her.
>>
File: ShinjiStrangleAsuka.jpg (140 KB, 678x346) Image search: [Google]
ShinjiStrangleAsuka.jpg
140 KB, 678x346
>>322860774
Its going to be strangling instead of a beat down.

You all know this to be true.
>>
>>322862175
It's implied that Niflheim soldier raped Luna or at least beat and nearly killed her which is how she was granted her powers, that scene of her being attacked is also when her kingdom was being conquered by Niflheim

In XVs world you gain the power to summon through near death experiences, Noctis can also summon because he had a near death experience as a kid and spent a portion of his life as a cripple in a wheelchair
>>
>>322861526
But he was being mind controlled and was going to kill her, but then the rest of the party came bursting in and shook him out of it. Do you not even remember that scene?
>>
>>322862175
I think a grown man choke slamming a helpless little girl and then menacingly creeps near her as she desperately tries to get away is more visceral display of violance and actual abuse than Cloud punching Aeris a few times in a drugged out state
>>
>>322862743
It can be, but it all depends on how you view it. Leaving it in the dark on 'what' happen, but trying to note it somehow is one thing. Straight up showing the scene itself is another, which is what I'm getting at with the thread. Are they just going to do a FF15 and black screen it right as it happens, or straight up show it like they did in the old game?
>>
>>322863554
Cloud is in a mind controlled state so he isn't even really doing it himself so it's different

And that trailer only fades out because it's teasing what will happen
>>
>>322861609
Source please
>>
>>322860774
All the fucked up scenes will be watered down/deleted.
>>322861526
Honestly wouldn't have surprised me if it were the case. There was some real mindfuckery going on on all levels.
>>
>>322863687
If it does show it, I'd be surprise, but that would be a big moment. The more I hear on FF15, the more I'm hoping it turns out good.
>>
>>322863865
the videos

in that post
>>
>>322861551
>Aeris after that
>Cloud is getting mindfucked pretty bad fuck this I'm taking care of this Sephiroth fucker

No if you want make it strangling but keep it fucking graphic and violent.
>>
>>322860774
What's he doing here?
Looks like massaging her feet. I guess that's inappropriate for the situation and it could probably use a rewrite.
>>
>>322862330
Sadly I think this is how it'll go - though as long as they show it and don't either change it fully or remove it for something more cliche and dumb. Like Cloud passing out right after giving the materia over to Sephiroth, only to wake up to find Aerith slipping off in the middle of the night - without even attacking her or others.
>>
>>322864521
Stop making yourself sad faggot.
>>
>>322860774
This scene is a mess to begin with. No matter what they do with this scene, people are gonna be mad, so why bother?
>>
>>322860774

ใ‚‚ใกใ‚ใ‚“
>>
>>322864623
No
>>
>>322861609
They removed Cidney's idle animations.
>>
>>322866896
No they didn't, they didn't change anything about her.
>>
>>322861173
Don't think too much about it, maybe something little will get changed but I doubt they'll do anything major.
>>
File: cidney2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cidney2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>322866896
No they didn't, all her idle animations alternate and they are identical to how they always were, sometimes she stands still, sometimes she wipes her nose, sometimes she looks up and around, sometimes she looks down putting her arms on her hips and taps her feed, sometimes she crosses her arms.
>>
File: this is a Japanese male.jpg (81 KB, 1059x598) Image search: [Google]
this is a Japanese male.jpg
81 KB, 1059x598
>>322860774
I'm glad Nomura and co. are finally moving away from that faggoty Kpop idol look from Advent Children.
>>
File: cidney demo 2.0 idle.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
cidney demo 2.0 idle.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>322866896
No they didn't, the fuck?

I literally just booted up the FFXV demo and recorded this, all her idle animations in the 2.0 demo are there identical to how they were in the 1.0 demo.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.