[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DualShock 4 controller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: DS4.jpg (40 KB, 592x309) Image search: [Google]
DS4.jpg
40 KB, 592x309
What is your opinion of the DS4?
Is it the best playstation official controller?

Because I want to buy a DS4 so that I can replace my ps3 controller that's breaking apart.
>>
bump because I want to hear your guy's opinions as I have never held a DS4 in my hands
>>
its the only thing keeping me away from the PS4.
>>
Superior to DS3.
Superior to Xbone.
Superior to X360.

Inferior to Wii U Pro.
>>
>>322852801
>>322852801
feels good on my hands.
however, the sticks postiions sucks
the dpad´s buttons are a bit more separated than in previous controllers hence when I play fighting games, I feel like it takes a little bit longer to input commands where I have to press diagonally down and then diagonally up. my finger has to travel a bit longer thus I get hit more often

TLDR
confiest PS controller
worst PS fighting game controller
>>
>>322854493
>Inferior to Wii U Pro.
The three other things you listed are superior to the Pro controller.
And the DS4 is too.
The pro controller is a piece of shit. Terrible build quality, terrible right stick location, terrible digital triggers, and a shit dpad, especially by Nintendo standards. If you genuinely think it's a good controller, then you are not worth trusting at all when it comes to questions regarding this.
>>
>>322852801
I was surprised howgood it is. Having the ds4&3, x360 and x1 Id say its better than xb1 controller but isnt quite there with the 360 controller. Definitely better than ps3 which is pretty bad

360>Ds4>xb1>ds3
>>
360>XBONE>PS4>Wii U>GameCube
No other controller is worth using, although I haven't used the XBONE elite, steam controller is ass, m+kb is better for most games.
Sega D-Pads are perfect
>>
>>322852801
It's the most superior controller because you can claw, don't let anyone else tell you different
>>
>>322852801
DS4 is better than the DS3.
If you're talking about a controller to use on PC, then the DS4 is fine to replace your DS3. If you're talking a controller to replace a DS3 on PS3 then you absolutely shouldn't get a DS4. The compatability on PS3 is awful.
DS4 build quality is fantastic, I've heard horror stories about the sticks but my two launch DS4's are fine, more than two years later, so I can't support that.
One of the best controllers I've used.
>>
>>322854862
lolwut

>the battery life
>the symmetric stick placement
>perfect ergos
>high quality nintendo dpad

The only thing to dislike is the shiny finish that's a huge fingerprint magnet.
>>
>>322852801
Best Playstation controller
Worst Controller this gen.
>>
>>322854296
>>322854493
>>322854653
>>322854862
>>322854981
>>322855012
>>322855013

Thanks for your opinions, I think I am going to pick one up tomorrow!

Also wiiu game tablet>pro controller
>>
>>322852801
Best controller I've used. I love it.

Like >>322855013 says, it's great because the buttons are 'shallow' and not protruding out very much like a 360 controller, meaning it's easy to slide your thumb or finger across the face buttons.
>>
File: hori-pad-fps-plus-red-426429.7.jpg (142 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
hori-pad-fps-plus-red-426429.7.jpg
142 KB, 1000x1000
A gargantuan improvement over the DualShock 3, as in you can actually use it, but it isn't quite as good as the Xbox One or Wired 360 controller. Also, the battery life fucking sucks.

I got pic related, and it's so comfy it's like groping an angel's tits. Shame there's no microphone jack on it.
>>
>>322855268
>the battery life
It's not worth it for a terrible controller
>the symmetric stick placement
Except it's bad. The Xbox layout is the best, and the PS layout after that. It's literally only laid out like that because Nintendo wanted to be different, and it's shit.
>perfect ergos
It's not. It's far too light and the build quality makes it feel like a cheap piece of shit third party ps2 controller.
>high quality nintendo dpad
Except it's not, and I literally said this already.
It's their worst D-Pad yet, and it's in a terrible place.
>>
>>322854493
/Thread
Just wished that the pro had different color options besides just the gloss
>>
File: PS4-DS4-tearing.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
PS4-DS4-tearing.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
Would be my favorite controller if not for the planned obsolescence.
>>
>>322855735
They changed the stick material now, and literally send you replacement sticks if yours break.
>>
I didn't even knew that I could play with the DS4 on the PS3. At least for some games it seems.
>>322855805
>They changed the stick material now
Is the 20th anniversary DS4 with that new material?
>>
>>322856559
>At least for some games it seems.
Most support it. Only one I can think of that doesn't is the MGS HD collection, and that's only because it has pressure sensitive controls, and the DS4 only has digital buttons unlike DS3.
That said, the support is still shit on PS3, you can't press the home button on the fucking thing.
>>
My dick has more life than the Dualshock 4 battery.
>>
It feels too light and flimsy.
Touch screen is gay and pointless.
Batteries are SHIT.

Sony shouldnt have changed the DS2/3 design.

I'll just buy up tons of DS3s and WiiU Propads so that I can use them forever.
>>
It's the best Playstation controller ever made but that's saying pretty much nothing.
>>
>>322852801
Yes its a step up from the ds4 in every way. Its much sturdier, the triggers are better, analogs, its slightly larger as well.. I would recommend getting analog grips as some of the controllers wear quick there for some reason, one controller I have is still good there after over more than a year but the other got a tear in about 2 months so it's weird
>>
>>322856723
>you can't press the home button on the fucking thing
That sucks
>>
>>322852801
Horrible battery life. Also I don't know how it is on PC, but the triggers are WAY too sensitive in current model DS4's.
>>
It's the perfect pc pad once you swap out the sticks for xb1 sticks

>tfw using the touchpad for basic menus and shit
>>
Didn't like it at first but apart from battery life it's goat
>>
>>322852801

Touchscreen is shit and just gets in the way of having real start/select buttons.
Share button is fucking pointless.
The light on the back can only be dimmed and not turned off.
The battery life is fucking ridiculously terrible.
>>
File: xbone controller.jpg (15 KB, 540x310) Image search: [Google]
xbone controller.jpg
15 KB, 540x310
Being a PC gamer means you have choice. And my choice is the superior controller.
>>
DS4 > DS2 > DS1 > DS3
>>
>>322855735
I had this start happening on my DS4, and while it is dumb shit and completely inexcusable that it happens in the first place, for a couple a bucks you can buy Xbone sticks and replace the DS4 ones. They fit without any modification, and, in my opinion, are far more comfortable to use.
>>
>>322856559
>Is the 20th anniversary DS4 with that new material?
Yes.
>>
>>322858957

I did too, but out of laziness cause I couldn't be phucked to work xpadder and shit.

I remember how much of a bitch it was to get my PS3 controller to work well on pc, so I just went the safe choice ASAP.
>>
>>322857410
>Touchscreen is shit and just gets in the way of having real start/select buttons.
No it doesnt.
>Share button is fucking pointless.
No it isnt.
>The light on the back can only be dimmed and not turned off.
Youre right on that one. But you make it sound like its a bad thing.
>The battery life is fucking ridiculously terrible.
Yea it is. Then again, so is the xboxone.

TLDR; I dont see your point
>>
Its the best PC controller. I know that much. The touch pad is great when you gotta alt tab out to do something real quick. Best D-Pad, second best analog sticks. Triggers are good. The controller is kind of small for my man hands though.
>>
>>322858957
>>322859521

>Spending $20 more on a useless adapter because you're too dumb to configure a PS3 pad.

I've had my DS3 for like 7 years now, and it still works perfectly.

I will never ever buy an xbox controller just because microshaft thinks its acceptable to sell $1 dongles for $30
>>
>>322855013
Clawbros unite

>not having simultaneous access to every button on the controller

>current year
>>
>>322859701
No, I spend more because it's a superior product. Following your logic, I should just buy the cheapest, shittiest controller imaginable. But I don't have to do, I'm not poor: I don't need to compromise.
>>
>>322855249
HOLY SHIT YOU CAN USE THE DS4 CONTROLLER ON THE PS3? HOW DIDN'T I KNOW THIS? NO MORE FUCKING HAND CRAP. FUCK THE DS2/3
>>
>>322857410
>The light on the back can only be dimmed and not turned off.
>not taking apart your controller
>not forcefully removing said light
God damn it Sony for making me do all this shit.
>>
>>322861765
*CRAMP
>>
>>322859553
>somehow knows about the others controller
Doubtful.jpg
>>
>>322857410
All of that is true, but the fact it's actually comfortable to hold basically means I don't give a shit about the minor downsides.
>>
It's great for fellow manlets
>>
>>322852801
It's pretty good.

But DS2 is the best.
Perfect form, perfect sticks, perfect D-pad and face buttons
No triggers for R2/L2 (I fucking that that)

Perfect.

Comparing DS4 to DS3, R2/L2 are improved but otherwise I prefer DS3 since it's basically DS2.

The PS, Share and Options buttons on DS4 are in odd positions, thanks to the touchpad with I keep accidentally hitting because that's where Start should be.

I prefer DS4 to pretty much any other console controller, but it's not the best Sony's offered.
>>
It's a little small but you get used to it
>>
>>322861765
The home button on the PS4 doesn't go to home, though. Also you need to keep it plugged in. It doesn't work in games that have the gyro control, GTAV didn't work for me.
>>
>>322857410
How the hell do you dim it?

>>322861949
Even DS4 has a thing to customize exactly what color you want for the light.
>>
>>322865689
You can also turn it off too by making a black colored light.
>>
>>322855498
this all the way

fuck the DS controller. its made for little gook/girl hands. its the only controller I'll use on the ps4. that target button is nice
>>
Feels good in my hands but the sticks are smaller then the ds3.
>>
>>322854493
I gotta say it's not superior to either Xbox controller you're full of shit.

>>322852801
OP I've never had a ps3 so I don't know what the battery life is like, they haven't fixed the shitty feeling triggers yet and the battery life is like maybe 7 hours.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.