[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: Dungeon_Travelers_2_cover.jpg (81 KB, 319x408) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon_Travelers_2_cover.jpg
81 KB, 319x408
Got this game for Christmas and really digging it so far, it's addictive as fuck. My party just hit level 15 and I now have the option to change classes. What secondaries do you guys like? Anybody else playing this?

Dungeon Travelers 2 thread (other DRPG Vita discussion welcome).
>>
>>322849290
Make Alisa into a paladin, you should be getting a berserker soon. Melvy can be a witch which is a good damage dealer at that point of the game, if you want buffs go bard with Conette or if you want debuffs go dancer, do whatever you want with Monica and Liliam just don't make Liliam into a joker once you reach the next class change because Joker is only good when you get really deep in the post game and get the best gear for that class and invest a ton of points.
>>
>>322849764

Cool, thanks for the advice. I saw this game has a ton of DLC; have you tried any of those characters? Are they worth the price?
>>
>>322849290
Theres something about this game that kicks my ass. I feel like I'm scrapping by. Grinding takes forever, so I feel like you shouldn't or don't need to; I'm upgrading my shit and am competent at strategy. It's fucking stressful and made me take a step back from it for a long time.
>>
>>322849937

What level are you, anon? Like I said, I'm only 15, but I've died a fair bit. I save a shit ton, usually after every fight. I like to uncover the entire dungeon before I fight the boss, which has, so far, worked out to be enough grinding.
>>
>>322849764
Also if you make Liliam into a doll master be aware that her dolls are pretty underwhelming, soul summoner dolls are better, but doll master nets you a mp refresh ability that restores a bit of mp every turn. It's pretty useful for papillon to have that skill.
>>322849876
Eh I haven't tried them and I don't know what their unique abilities are. They're just the cast from the previous DT game and from To heart 2
>>
>>322850049
I had to load up the game since its been months.

Alisia, 16, Paladin
Melvy, 16, Sorceress
Lilian, 16, Doll Master
Conette, 16, Dancer
Monica, 16, Assassin

I got the game when it came out and before there was good knowledge on the shit classes. Looks like I may have made a mistake choosing some of the class changes. I don't think any of them are too serious though.
>>
>>322850896

Is Lilian the chick in the black and purple outfit that you fight in the tower? She kicked my ass twice, not sure what I'm doing wrong. I don't have enough HP to survive her hits. Melvy's busting her tits spamming heal every turn and she can't keep up.
>>
>Lost dimensions
>Dungeon traveler 2
>Atelier Dusk(?)
>Tokyo abyss
>Ar Nosurge
Which do I play first?
>>
File: 201406292310125b0.jpg (344 KB, 816x1024) Image search: [Google]
201406292310125b0.jpg
344 KB, 816x1024
>>322851062
Liliam is pic related
>>
>>322851264

Oh. I'm retarded. Yeah, I've got her. Still getting my ass kicked by the chick in the tower. Fuck.
>>
File: 20140629230941667.jpg (331 KB, 816x1024) Image search: [Google]
20140629230941667.jpg
331 KB, 816x1024
>>322851326
You mean Grishna right? She's pretty tough, most people do class change around the time they fight her so good luck. You don't get her immediately though, after beating her you need to two bosses in the tower before clearing it and getting her.
>>
>>322851168
Atelier Ayesha is probably what you meant.

Of those, I'd recommend Ayesha, but I've only played that, Tokyo Abyss and Ar Nosurge from that list.

Tokyo Abyss has a really ass first two dungeons and the first level limit blows, but after that it picks up well, Samurais are fucking OP as shit, though. Literally 4 samurais, an academic and a physician are all you need for the game.

I'll probably be picking up DT2 if it goes on sale at some point in time.
>>
>>322851535

Yeah, she's the one. I have the option for a class change (just hit 15 on everyone), but I don't wanna fuck it up so I haven't done it yet. Just been trying to push through this tower.
>>
>>322851670
You should do it. You can change freely and test each class. See, you can always reset back to 15 and do it again, and changing classes lets you reassign skills too
>>
>>322851791

Does it let me reassign the base class's skills? Example: if I make Alisia a Paladin, does it reset all her Fighter skills?
>>
>>322851670
Just save, screencap how you invested your skill points so you don't forget, and try out the class and screenshot their skills and compare them to one another, if you want to switch between them to see what skills they have you can reset your level to 15 which resets you back to the default class at level 15 with no skill points invested in anything (it's why I told you to screencap how you spent them first, in case you liked it).
>>
>>322851930
You can reset her level to 15 which is your current level and you can reallocate the skill points you accumulated.
>>
>>322851932
>>322852032

Thanks, guys.
>>
>>322851930
Switching classes just gives you access to a new skill list and changes your stats a bit.
>>
reminder that this was censored
>>
Are the To Heart 2 girls worth buying?
>>
>>322852176

That's what they say. Four images apparently, although I've never seen a link to the uncensored versions and wouldn't know which ones were censored. The entire core of the gameplay is killing monster dressed as scantily-clad girls, so it's not like the censoring was hardcore. Obviously, though, all censorship is bullshit.
>>
>>322852317
Most people seem to only care about that $10 pack for the XP boost item. Game gives you enough characters to fill out every advanced class but maybe one of the dlc character has an OP ability.
>>
>>322851543
Wow, nothing to say about ar nosurge? I knew it was kinda trashy. Guess that goes on the back burner for a while.

Dungeon traveler 2 was just on sale, not for much though only 8 dollars off.

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/103077/dungeon-travelers-2-the-royal-library-and-the-monster-seal

You can sign up for e-mail alerts here if you're really there interested in it.
>>
File: nay_genometrics.jpg (3 MB, 1920x4352) Image search: [Google]
nay_genometrics.jpg
3 MB, 1920x4352
>>322852630
Not him but I liked Ar nosurge. It was quite a while since I had played a sci-fi JRPG and it satiated my cravings, but it's pretty light on the gameplay and most of the time you're not advancing the story you'll be crafting random items to watch comedy skits about what the fuck you just crafted or diving into character's minds and seeing weird scenarios their minds created with the cast and helping them sort out their issues. OST is fucking great.
>>
>>322852630
Well if you insist...
Ar Nosurge is a VN. It has a fucking awesome story, awesome music, which is a no shit because its a Gust game, and good to decent characters. Don't let it trick you into thinking its a standard RPG: Its not. Its a VN with walking segments and a battle system tacked on where you spam break. I won't spoil anything major, but it has a pretty big "wait a second... oh shit" moment I didn't see coming even if it was hinted to earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41p9n2HTdSc
That's easily my favorite track from it.
>>
>>322852630
Not that anon:

Ar Nosurge is good, if you have any affection for Ar Tonelico games.

If you like waifus, Ion is one of the more fun heroines I've seen in a game. If you like gameplay, its alright, no strong opinions either way for me. Like most of Gust games, it focuses a lot on crafting and whatnot which I like, both because of the activity and because of the little interactions characters have with each other. Story is pretty interesting, but I hear in the end it requires some supplemental reading unless you can play the Jap only game.

It's good, but niche as fuck and might not be your game. It got me out of my no-gaming rut (tired gamer) and I only stopped playing because I heard the Vita version had more content and no outfit bug (I have it on the PS3).
>>
>just bought cheap Vita to replace old PSP
>decide to try out some turn-based RPGs
>download demo for OP;s pic related
>opening dialogue has cheesy as fuck panty shot
>immediately uninstall

Its been awhile since that happened, and I actually like turn-based RPGs now. But geezus fuck I can't go that weeb, I'm sorry.
>>
>>322853152
I always raise the difficulty since random encounters are too easy but until I got to act 2 I always fight bosses on normal since I have no good gear with extra shield effects nor extra item effects at that point to counter the amount of bullshit turns they get for just going up once in the difficulty level. Nay's bossfight on hard or god the hardest difficulty is fucking impossible with what you're given at that time.
>>
>>322853446

I was in the same boat as you not too long ago. I'm ashamed to admit that 8 or 9 years ago when I first started coming to /v/ I would make fun of that kind of otaku (now "weeb") stuff. Recently I got a Vita and it's helped me get out of my "tired of video games" funk. Even an old die hard anti-weeb like me can grow to really enjoy this stuff. Not saying I'm going out and getting the body pillow, shitposting in waifu threads, or watching anime, but fuck me if this game isn't a lot of fun.
>>
>>322853538
I went through the PS3 version on one above Normal, so I guess it'd be hard, and literally can't recall having any troubles anywhere, though I did not beat it: I got Shureilia's ending and stopped as I had heard about the vita version coming out.. Is it different for Vita?
>>
File: 2015-07-14-211044.jpg (117 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-14-211044.jpg
117 KB, 960x544
>>322853787
>Is it different for Vita?
How the hell did you beat Nay on hard? She tore right through my shields in a single turn with her bodyguards and I couldn't do a thing to stop them since I ran out of guards long before their turn is over. Also for vita the only noticeable difference is that they give you access to the maternal overseer bonus fight to unlock the ability to use any costume and to move the camera some more in the character viewer. Oh and it also comes packaged with all dlc which includes two genometrics and a couple of purification partners for talking with.
>>
File: 20160105_215807.jpg (1021 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160105_215807.jpg
1021 KB, 2048x1152
>>322853724
>>322853446
Embrace your inner weeb.
>>
>>322853724
I'm actually fine with waifus as long as they aren't "oh senpai" shit-tier moe bait and a lot of anime. I even played the shit outta SAO: HF and Conception II.

Just some stuff crosses the line for me or seems way too unrealistic right off the bat.
>>
>>322854217
Items. I want to say I either buffed myself or debuffed them, obviously focusing on the little ones first, and I did an "incomplete" song early, that is one that didn't kill everything.

But you're asking me to recall that from over a year ago, so I honestly don't remember.
>>
>>322854405
>Conception II
I don't understand that game. It shouldn't have been shit, but somehow it came off as boring as fuck.
>>
Thoughts on Trails of Cold Steel?
>>
File: 113o4u3po43u4.jpg (80 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
113o4u3po43u4.jpg
80 KB, 350x262
>>322849290

>Dungeon Travelers 2

More like Underage Panty Quest XVII amirite?
>>
>>322854737
No, that's actually Moero Chronicle. You literally collect panties in that.
>>
>>322854547
I only picked up because I wanted to see how the Persona-like games play. I don't play it so much anymore since I found other series that I like, but it was a decent time killer. I also thought Fuuko was a pretty decent waifu at first, if only for her Americanized voice
>>
Remember to give Fiora the Ero Book and to not sell it for the love of god or else you missed the sub-event forever.
>>
>>322854953
It's sold in the ruins area by the vendor like many other previous boss drops.
It's noticeable by its price
>>
>>322854651
From what I played, its cool. Trails series requires a guide though because of all the missable shit they hide in it and I don't really have the time to deal with that. I'm trying to play through Trails in the Skies first because of a small spoiler that Cold Steel has for those games. (Small/Nonexistent for Cold Steel, apparently a big revelation for Skies).
>>
>>322855057
by ruins I mean the beastman town or whatever it was.
The vendor will usually sell the boss drops from 2-3 dungeons earlier
>>
Don't let the thread die, friends.

Anyone tried other dungeon crawlers on the Vita? How's Demon Gaze?
>>
>>322856226
I actually like the dungeon crawling in the SAO: HF Aincrad levels. Its super linear and just relaxing to grind away will leveling and gathering shit for key quests.

How shit is my opinion, guise?
>>
fuck off webs
>>
>>322856226
It's just mostly confined to vitagen. DRPGs are pretty niche, especially on /v/. It works out though because it spares us the most cancerous parts of /v/
>>
>>322849290
Great game. I'm like 90 fucking hours into it. Postgame is huge.

You get to respec at 30 and 50, so don't worry too much about it.
>>
does this game go on sale at all? I want to wait until it's cheap
>>
>>322860682
I think it's had one already, but I can't remember if it was Thanksgiving or Christmas.
I paid full price and don't regret it
>>
>>322854217
Equipment makes all the difference. Spend some time doing those synths.
>>
>>322856226
Demon Gaze is fun. DT2 and Demon Gaze are essential vita drpgs
>>
>>322860861

Aww.
Does America get better deals in PS Store? I might have to look into how usint one works from the UK
>>
>>322861640
It was either $10-20 off, but I barely remember it because I already had the game and just skipped past it.
I found it strange that such a new (and successful) game was already on sale when normally it's nothing I'd be interested in
>>
File: Chief_MagicalPrincess.png (2 MB, 624x1420) Image search: [Google]
Chief_MagicalPrincess.png
2 MB, 624x1420
I just passed the 100 hour mark yesterday, I've been playing since about August. It's a great game but fuck is the post game grindy as shit, if I didn't buy the DLC (for the exp item) i wouldn't have it in me to keep going.

Also MP is best class, literal speed and semen demons.
>>
>>322849290
I'll be very happy if you people finally stop posting about this game.

Every time I see one of these threads I'm tempted to go out, and purchase a Vita to play it. Since the Vita is basically dead to Sony, and this would probably be the only game I'd play, the temptation quickly wanes.

Still tempting though.
>>
>>322863885
>Every time I see one of these threads I'm tempted to go out, and purchase a Vita to play it. Since the Vita is basically dead to Sony, and this would probably be the only game I'd play, the temptation quickly wanes.
>Still tempting though.

literally the same here
>>
>>322863885

Just get a pstv
>>
>>322863885
Dead to Sony maybe, but Vita has plenty of games, particularly if you're into weeb games.

Things like the Atelier series, Dangonronpa, Persona, EDF, Muramasa Nep and SK if you're into those as well as dungeon crawlers like Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss. I think Stranger of Sword City is coming this year as well. There's plenty of other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head too.

Also this >>322864012 PSTV's have gone on sale for as low 30$ in the past, and most games are compatible.

I love my Vita.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.