[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Withering hope
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1431120870877.jpg (599 KB, 886x691) Image search: [Google]
1431120870877.jpg
599 KB, 886x691
>I downloaded Dsfix
>I figured out how to lower my monitor to 60hz
>I enabled vsync thingy
>It said to disable AA yet Dsfix already has it set to 0 which according to it is off so that shouldn't be the problem.
>I even disabled the into brand advertisement because it was taking up too much time ( 1.6 hours on steam, all load up screen time)
>Tried limiting the frame-rate to 30fps
>Tried sticking my dick in the ceiling fan, no luck
>Tried setting the resolution lower, but I think it didn't work cause the game still tried to load in full screen.
>Tried running it in compatibility mode with no success, as in the game couldn't be launched in compatibility mode, only through steam.
>Tried loading it in the beta build shit that is suppose to not matter anymore according to other anons.
I think I exhausted every possible thing you can do to try making the game work aside from just building my own copy of Dark Souls in a video game making program.
What the hell am I missing?
How can a game be this broken that even the solutions to its problems are not 100% guaranteed to work?
>>
Are you absolutely sure you turned off AA in-game?
>>
>>322845913
I cant cause it crashes if I hit PC settings and after the initial settings set up after hitting new game.
I thought I knew the path to the direct dark souls .ini but I cant seem to navigate back to it, is it even possible to disable AA in the .ini?
>>
Have you ever even run the game without dsfix?
>>
>>322846184
Wont work without it anyway, crashes with or without Dsfix installed.
And yes, I tried with a clean install. Still nothing.
>>
Dark souls is a mediocre-to-bad game anyway.
Don't bother with it. Your PC is trying to keep you from having a bad time.
>>
>>322846490
I already beat it on a friends xbox, I just wanna be able to play it without having to go to his place.
Sometimes its nice being alone getting my teeth kicked in.
>>
what are we? tech support?

ffs post on the steam forum if you want real help
It's probably a compatibility problem with your shitty setup because you can't update your drivers and shit properly
>>
>>322845005
>Tried setting the resolution lower, but I think it didn't work cause the game still tried to load in full screen.

Main menu always stays the same, but once you're in-game THEN the resolution changes. Yeah, that confused me too.
>>
>>322846312
you have to delete all the dsfix shit still in the dark souls folder after you uninstall. uninstalling the game doesnt get rid of it
>>
>>322848679
Thats what I meant by clean install.
I made sure everything was deleted.
I even deleted the zip file(s)(dont ask why I had multiple copies) do be extra sure before redownloading.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.