[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did they pick which games would be backward compatible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Xbox-One-backward-compatibility.jpg (172 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-One-backward-compatibility.jpg
172 KB, 1024x576
How the fuck did they pick which games would be backward compatible and why are the current selections such shit?
>>
>talking shit about Doritos crash course

Jokes aside they have a poll but they obviously don't look at that since Crackdown, RDR, and HaaH WaaW still aren't here
>>
>>322844174

>kane and lynch 2

Microsoft doesnt just not look at the results, they set it on fire and masturbate on the ashes.
>>
>>322844174
HaaH WaaW is confirmed and on the "Coming Soon" list.

Crackdown will be on there eventually because it's a first-party title.

RDR won't because Rockstar's already specifically said they aren't supporting BC because they're fucking jews of the highest caliber.
>>
>>322843850
Why is Banjo in that Pic 5 times?
>>
>>322844730
>won't support BC
>won't remaster or port because source code a shit

At least sell the IP for fucks sakes
>>
>>322844867
Only 3, one for each game

Looks like they put Gears 1 twice though
>>
>>322845097
I know all 3 B&K games are BC but you can literally see the name Banjo 4 times.
Also there's an "O" from Banjo on the left side of the picture
Just was curious as to to why they'd fluff up the picture
>>
>>322843850
They have to do deals with the developers and publishers, sometimes they don't work out. That poll they have is essentially pointless.
>>
>>322843850
I hope this isn't a real promotional image, there are countless things wrong with it.
>>
>>322844982
Annoyingly enough, they probably aren't doing BC JUST IN CASE they do a remaster.

Keeping their options open, the fucks.

>>322844867
>>322845097
>>322845728

It's a pic from early into the BC announcement, they didn't want to give too much away/promise what they couldn't deliver.

A pic of the actual titles at this point would need 0 fluffing, since we're headed towards 200.

>>322845960
The poll isn't pointless, it indicates interest to MS (who then bug the publishers) or the publishers who then talk to MS.

It probably is the sole reason why Activision is doing any BC at all, as they seem content just to do half-assed remasters for insane prices (Deadpool, Prototype series).

However, it's not the be-all, end-all like some people think it is
>>
BLACK OPS 1 WHEN?

that is the only game i care about just because BC might get people playing it again
>>
File: 1446448131688.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1446448131688.gif
2 MB, 400x224
I just want Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ace Combat 6.
>>
I believe the reason the poll system isn't working the way we thought it would is due to money and publishers. 3 games under the Activision publisher were just randomly ported over to next Gen or at least I found it to be quite random. We got the Prototype Biohazrd bundle during the summer which had prototype 1-2 and Deadpool dropped in some time in December I think. It feels to me that publishers are afraid they're going to lose money somehow with this new backwards compatibility. How? I've honestly got no clue and I'm just making a assumption. Oddly enough I think it was EA who said they had no plans on making ports to next Gen which would be easy money for them. It might also be that the emulation of games isn't easy as they foresaw. As we've seen with Halo Reach, it doesn't run buttery smooth, granted it wasn't perfect on 360 either but again it could be on hard ware side. I even noticed graphical issues with Fallout 3 when playing on Xbox One. Who knows, maybe they had hundreds of games that had the ok from publishers and were planning on putting those games in the the first wave back in November but ran into problems. Whatever the issue, I still have my 360 so it's not a huge issue for me. Only gripe I have is having to use my old busted up 360 control.
>>
>>322846353

>none of the Black Ops (even if you try to download the 360 version of Black Ops 3), no CODs in general
>none of the Halos but fucking Halo Reach and fucking Spartan Assault?
>no Assassins' Creeds except the one with no online mode
>none of the Resident Evils
>if you owned any games digitally on the 360 chances are you can't redownload it for free on the Xbox One
>no Fallout New Vegas

are they even trying
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.