[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, how is it? Worth a buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: header_586x192.jpg (18 KB, 187x186) Image search: [Google]
header_586x192.jpg
18 KB, 187x186
Well, how is it? Worth a buy?
>>
>>322836796
Yes.
>>
>>322836796
HD version doesn't have expansions.

Get it off GOG + https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/
>>
>>322837151
ARE NEVER EVER EVER
GETTING BACK TOGETHER
>>
File: 400400.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
400400.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>322837151
>>322837206
>>
No, unlike console HD remakes pretty much all PC HD remakes are inferior to the original in one way or another and mostly pointless since modders do a better
>>
10 is too much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxRAwVKW6MI
>>
>>322836796
I don't know where you're buying it, but if it doesn't matter, yes.

The two biggest changes are more boats in Feudal, and camels got buffed, this makes a bunch of civs a lot more playable compared to before. Also other balance changes are great, and the campaigns are solid, compared to The Forgotten which were trash. Even more than that, the new civs are fun and actually good, again, unlike The Forgotten, which were pretty damn bad and boring.

Basically, better balanced, more variety and a good campaign, it's fantastic if you like AoE2.
>>
It's just AoE 2: 1080p edition.
>>
>>322839629
If you want to ignore the active online community and the general fixes, sure....
>>
>>322840153
lol shill
>>
>>322840465
I like the game and want more people to play it, active online communities on games like this are rare, and fantastic to play in.

The expansion before this was awful and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. This one, on the other hand is fantastic, it fixes a lot of the problems in the last, while adding a bunch of new interesting content which makes it really fun, especially for someone coming from The Conqueror's. If you like AoE2 it's definitely worth a buy, and it pisses me off that every single thread, ironic or not, devolves into 'WE WUS' and *smacks lips*, it's an awful meme that has killed discussion for a genuinely fun and revitalized game.

Call me a shill if you want, at least I'm not a fucking mong who talks down a game when I know nothing about it.
>>
Got that Microsoft RTS pack on steam that came with this, AOE3, Rise of Nations, and Age of Mythology on a whim. Pretty new to RTSes on the whole. Which do you guys think would be a solid starting point?
>>
File: 1450415021899.png (499 KB, 483x814) Image search: [Google]
1450415021899.png
499 KB, 483x814
>>322841935
Age of Empires 2 is simple at a non-competitive level, it also has memes, so I'd go with it.
>>
>>322840582
ROYALTY AND OTHER THINGS ALIKE
>>
>>322841935

AoE 2 -> Age of Mythology -> AoE3
>>
WAIT UP MY COMPATRIOTS. SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT WE
>>
File: latest.jpg (11 KB, 256x299) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
11 KB, 256x299
It's time

Which Unique Unit is the best and why it is the Mameluke

AL-HOJOOM
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.