[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix this game's lore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: whathappened.jpg (411 KB, 598x840) Image search: [Google]
whathappened.jpg
411 KB, 598x840
How do we fix this game's lore?
>>
>>322832353
Remove it.
I hated the idea of adding lore to this game in the first place.
Especially ashley burch's self insert.
>>
>>322832353
BAW HAHAHAHAHA AH HAHAHAHA
>>
>>322832353
Why have they not released this for the Xbox yet? They'd make a tons of money and it could be a fun cross-platform game.
>>
Comics are fine. Their just a bit of fun and I get a good laugh whenever a new one is put out.

Using a word like lore for it all indicates you're taking it all way too seriously.
>>
>>322832607
They did release it for the Xbox 360.
>>
>>322832823
It's more than just comics. There's tons of animated movie clips too if you check youtube.
>>
>>322832937
What the fuck I just checked and you're right.

10/10 marketing from these faggots. I missed out on a good time and now it's too late since I sold my 360.
>>
>>322833092
no you didn't. last I checked it got no updates whatsoever compared to the pc version
>>
>>322832947
Are you seriously complaining about the meet the team shorts? Some of the best video game trailers ever made.

Granted a good chunk of them came AFTER the game was released. Still though...
>>
>>322832823
But tf2 has a legitimate lore. It started out great but seemed to get dumber every comic. Sure tf2 is dumb fun but the original backstory of Mann Co and Redmond/Blutarch was such an interesting concept. Now that they killed off Gray Mann, they have nothing going for later updates, which is why Tough Break didn't have a comic.
>>
>>322833308
That's what makes it fun. It's like going in a time machine.
>>
What part of the lore needs fixing anyways?
>>
>>322833092
360 version is pretty alive at all times of day. No shitty updates either.
>>
>>322833582
Tf2's fun comes from its good weapon variety, availability, custom community game modes, etc. Vanilla tf2 is nice but won't work the PC version's charm.
>>
>>322833409
Some dude in high school showed meet the scout to my history teachet. Nigga thought he made it himself. He showed it to our class as an example of good work. No one was aware but me.
>>
>>322832607
I"m surprised they didn't port it to the 8th gen consoles just to get those few extra shekels; same with Skyrim.

And it was ported to the 360 and PS3 when it was new, but the PS3 version was an unplayable piece of shit slapped together by EA and Microsoft was a Jew with content updates and wanted to charge for them.
>>
>>322833578
I think tough break had great comic potential. The Pauling voice lines about her doing vacation things are great. Like one where she's in a tour group in the Teufort caverns and they find a bunch of bodies she's stored there. And that one where she's getting drunk with demo

They could have made that concept into a comic.
>>
>>322832607
>TF2 console

Good luck playing scout, sniper, demo, soldier, spy...

Fuck, good luck playing TF2 properly at all with a controller. It's a PC twitch shooter through-and-through. It requires even more mechanical skill and good mouse tracking than CSGO.

I suppose it's all moot since everyone would be at the same disadvantaged level of play, but I can't imagine TF2 would be an enjoyable experience when you neuter it's gameplay so much.
>>
>>322833797
Maw fuck you they're both fun. Plus I can still exploit old glitches in the Xbox version since they never patched shit.

Love going outside the maps.
>>
>>322833308
I remember they said they were going to update it but then they realised the 360 had fuck all RAM and they openly admitted they just couldn't be fucked optimising it.
>>
>>322834107
PC gets neutered ports all the time and laps that shit up
>>
>>322833912
What a fuckface.
>>322834020
PC bros enjoy spending their money on hats like tards. Selling maps packs to console users would have been a good business investment though.
>>322834042
As a stand alone comic it would be very nice, like the gun mettle comic. I'm talking tf2 canon lore.
>>
>>322833409
No I wasn't complaining. There wasn't a single negative word in my post. I was just letting him know that there's more to the lore than the comics. I wasn't referring so much to the trailers, more about the funny shorts they release like eternal tipping.
>>
>>322834464
Barely even vaguely related to what I said but ok.

When was a competitive console game ported to PC and no longer able to be played at its full potential?
>>
>>322834107
I always felt that TF2 was relatively slow-paced. Although I imagine that Scout would be a bitch to handle with a controller.
>>
>>322834107
This, i pirated the xbox 360 version of the orange box. Rocket jumping with a controller is a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>322834790

People like to pretend all 9 classes moves as fast as a RJ'ing soldier and also pretend that demo SJ is viable during actual fights.
>>
>>322834790
Compared to what? It's certainly the fastest game out now. It's slower than Quake 3, but not much else I can think of.

I mean just look at a scout 1v1. Blink and you'll miss it...
>>
File: xbox mustard race.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
xbox mustard race.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>322834774
Dark Souls.

Any shooter if a controller is not used. And before you say that computers are superior because they can use both mouse+keyboard and controller, dont forget about pic related.
>>
>>322835534
I don't understand how Dark Souls is competitively inferior on PC? Not only can I use a controller (any controller I want, at that), but I can unlock the framerate giving me a smoother experience and less input lag.

Explain your logic.
>>
>>322834042
>The Pauling voice lines about her doing vacation things are great
Stopped reading there.
Everytime I hear her voice or hear pauling I want to puncture my eardrums.

I detest everything about Pauling.
>>
>>322835909
Pauling was good in the love and war update video. Everything else was bad.
>>
>>322835883
Awful control scheme on PC and was stuck at 720p forever until a fan finally made a hack to fix it.

Don't even get me started on DMC 4, Bionic Commando, Resident Evil series, Saints Row, FF 7 & 8, GTA 4, Splinter Cell, would you like me to continue?
>>
>>322834735
that is fanmade and people simply use tf2 in sfm because the models are already there and have assloads of cosmetics and VO already available.

the only canon non-valve tf2 sfm movie is end of the line, everything else should not be considered a part of tf2s "lore"
>>
>>322836623
>Awful control scheme on PC

You can use a controller.

>and was stuck at 720p

The same as consoles.

>forever

DSfix came out extremely fast. In fact, wasn't it within a week?

There is no disadvantage on the PC version. It was equal to consoles at its worst, and is now superior. You've still failed to substantiate your previous claim of the PC version being inferior.

>Don't even get me started on DMC 4

DMC4 has support for higher framerates (120Hz/144Hz) and native controller support. I very much enjoy looking forward to your explanation for the PC version being inferior.

>would you like me to continue?

Absolutely yes.
>>
File: 1204341250794.jpg (16 KB, 432x452) Image search: [Google]
1204341250794.jpg
16 KB, 432x452
>>322833308
There was a brief period in time where the PC updates to TF2 had gotten so out of control, the 360 version's quality was debatable, sometimes even preferred. Not that I expect any of you fucks to ever remember it happening, let alone entertain the idea.

>>322834107
>It's a PC twitch shooter

No it's not, you don't need to pull off infinite rocket jumps and instant 180 noscope headshots to cap a point. The PC version just makes it possible.
>>
>>322837195
fag
>>
>>322837470
>No it's not, you don't need to pull off infinite rocket jumps and instant 180 noscope headshots to cap a point. The PC version just makes it possible.

You're right. But still, it might throw the balance out somewhat, since scout, sniper, demo and possibly spy would be much less viable. A console version of TF2 would just be full of soldiers, engineers, heavies, pyros and medics.

>>322837662
I hope you're not actually the guy I was arguing with because that's a sad way to go out.
>>
>>322837195
The port is terrible... default controller is set to only use the right side of the controller. The game defaults to windowed mode and if you have a controller plugged in you can't use the configuration menu outside of the game. In order to enable full screen you have to press ALT Gr + ENTER. Also, you can't quit the game and exit to windows. Yes, you read that correctly...
>>
>>322832353
>bring back the Administrator and dial Ms. Pauling's role in the story way the fuck back
>dial back cutesy pyro by showing things from his point of view less, and don't neglect the "holy shit this guy is a serial killer with a flamethrower and even his own team is horrified" aspect of him
>generally dial back some of the crazier stuff, maybe just get rid of that shit about sniper's parents being from atlantean New Zealand or whatever the fuck that was
tl;dr Tone it the fuck down, Valve.
>>
>>322837843
>A console version of TF2 would just be full of soldiers, engineers, heavies, pyros and medics.

Hasn't, isn't, and wasn't. Anyone who wasn't retarded with a controller could wreck shit as Scout and Spy, and Demo abuse was rampant. But what do I know, I've only played on it for about a year and had the most fun as a Scout, second only to Pyro when they weren't just "W+M1 to win".
>>
>>322838398
>The port is terrible...

Yes, but let's not rewind the argument now, we already went over this. The port, despite its quality, gives an equal and potentially better experience than the console versions and is objectively superior.

>default controller is set to only use the right side of the controller.

Never heard of this bug, must've been patched out very quickly. Got a source?

Full controller support works just fine for me, OOTB.

>The game defaults to windowed mode

So change it to fullscreen mode.

>if you have a controller plugged in you can't use the configuration menu outside of the game.

What? The config menu is inside the game.

>In order to enable full screen you have to press ALT Gr + ENTER.

Wow, how arduous.

>Also, you can't quit the game and exit to windows

This is barely relevant to the argument, but I'll bite anyway. Yes you can. Again, must be something they patched, because my recent Steamworks version of the game has a quit option.
>>
>>322838704
I find it extremely difficult to believe any effective scout movement, which would be required to avoid getting instantly BTFO by soldiers/demos on sight, could be practised with a controller. Were you playing against a clan of special needs gamers when you played TF2 on your console, by any chance?
>>
>>322833308
They eventually patched it to include toggles to crits, damage spread and class limits. Every game then turned into class rushes. Keep in mind this patch came out around the time of the Sniper/Spy update on PC and the Xbox player base was thirsty as fuck for new content. This is all they got. They never even got badlands or goldrush or even ctf_well.

Though playing it now you can really see how much fire has been nerfed over the years.
>>
>>322834270
It would be fun if I could use the keboard and mouse.

I played the pc version since 2007 and dont get me wrong I have orange box for both my ps3 and my dusty 360 and sometimes play for nostalgias sake but would play more often if I could use a keyboard and mouse cause controllers suck for aimig.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.