[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OH SHIT ITS THE MAIN ANTAGONIST FINAL SHOWDOWN >Badass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: latest[1].jpg (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
21 KB, 320x240
OH SHIT ITS THE MAIN ANTAGONIST

FINAL SHOWDOWN

>Badass bossfight
>Badass bossmusic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvszxdJNvtE

>win battle
>find out that wasn't actually the final boss and you're not even 25% into the game

Is there ANY other game that does this?
>>
Lufia 2
>>
File: PS4 cutscene.jpg (84 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
PS4 cutscene.jpg
84 KB, 640x480
God damn I love PS4.

I don't know, OP. I just have PS music stuck in my head and a drive to replay one now. Thanks.
>>
>>322824885
TWEWY

>play through the first week
>tired as shit
>finally this will end
>ANOTHER WEEK STARTS
>look it up
>there are three weeks

discarded
>>
it's a pretty common thing in JRPGs to have an early confrontation with a big bad who either isn't the REAL big bad or is just a weaker form who hasn't absorbed the ultimate power gem yet.
>>
File: smell.png (2 MB, 1600x1068) Image search: [Google]
smell.png
2 MB, 1600x1068
>>322825302
>twewy
>>
>>322825302
>TWEWY

fuck you, twewy was awesome for doing it

the only reason TWEWY fucked up is because the first 3 weeks were playable then the 4th and final week happened off screen probably to sell a spinoff that was never released

fuck off with that shit
>>
>>322824885
Real examples:
>Kid Icarus: Uprising

Almost but not quite:
>Chrono Trigger (Castle Magus was a bit too early to really do it but a nice try, Ocean Palace Lavos encounter really felt like it)
>Final Fantasy VI (Floating Continent obviously)
>Final Fantasy IX (face it, without that final disc in case Pandemonium and that boss series in the top floor would have fooled you)
>>
>posts phantasy star 4

I love you OP
>>
Last RPG I played that did this was Ni No Kuni. You beat the big bad boss, and then find out that the game is about 50% over.
>>
Fucking Okami. More than once
>>
>>322826009
i love phantasy star 4 so much i added a zio boss battle in my game with ps4-inspired loot drops
>>
>>322824885
What the fuck level are those characters at if Every character is nearly at or above 400hp
>>
>>322824885
>find out that wasn't actually the final boss and you're not even 25% into the game

Okami, it's exactly like that...
>>
File: lucablight.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lucablight.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
Suikoden II
>>
Chrono Trigger
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.