[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... what do people like about this game so much? I'm not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: XBWal.jpg (44 KB, 550x331) Image search: [Google]
XBWal.jpg
44 KB, 550x331
So... what do people like about this game so much?
I'm not calling it bad, but I'm not really having fun. Just got to the Nopon village.

The main battle system is mostly advertising, there's some weird delays with arts and the monado that make it harder than it should be for the changing the future mechanic.

Moving from plot point to plot point is kind of neat, I guess, but usually the first impression of this kinda cool alien worlds are all there is. The swamp's a swamp, the forest's a forest, and the town you start in gets blown up.

Same sort of thing for the characters, the first impression is exactly who they are. I'm expecting some kind of character development the later you get into the game, but getting there looks like a chore, since the story hasn't really developed as far as it's just presented more questions.

What's left? I want to like this game, but I'm not sure if there's anything I really enjoy with it.
>>
git gud
>>
>>322804259
An incredibly unique and fully explorable world, amazing soundtrack and pretty decent story. Many great quality of life perks and features not seen in JRPGs like actually developing relationships with every NPC, fast travel anytime at no cost, time change any time.

Granted the battle system is not the greatest thing in the world, but it's fun for what it is and every character plays uniquely enough from the others.

The characters are probably the weakest point, but they're not horrible.
>>
>>322806672

So basically opinions. Okay.

Nobody has ever argued objective positives, so it's hard to see your point.
>>
>>322804259
>weird delays with arts
They are called cooldowns, is that your first game?
>>
The game is just decent, it's not bad but overrated.
>>
>>322806796
What would be an objective positive? If you want technical stuff the game is impressive for a Wii title, but enjoying stuff will always be subjective
>>
>>322806672
What do you want me to say? You asked why people enjoy it and I gave you the reason.
>>
Xenoblade is the only relevant JRPG on Wii U which causes Nintendo fans to defend it as a matter of necessity. Xeno fans also tend to be pretty delusional, none of their games are good.
>>
>>322806928
Not that, they're fully white and I'll hit the a button but it still doesn't activate
It's weird
>>
>>322807790
Are you playing the Wii version? This never happened with me
>>
>>322806672
There's only that one track that I like, You Will Know Our Names on the SSB4 soundtrack, and big worlds to explore have never really struck me.
Guess it really is that what other people like I'm not too hot on. Thanks bru
>>
>>322807886
Playing the N3DS one. I know it's an inferior port but it's the one I have
>>
>>322807781
I had every last gen console and I really liked this game, what was a JRPG from last gen that you thought was better?
>>
>>322808250
Maybe it has something to do with the framerate causing an input delay
>>
File: Xenoblade_hd-45.jpg (1019 KB, 1176x661) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_hd-45.jpg
1019 KB, 1176x661
>>322806796
>ask people why they like a game
>t-those are just opinions though

>>322808092
>not liking exploration
It helps that it's also one of the most unique worlds I've seen in a video game next to Morrowind and Zeno Clash

It isn't a perfect game, but it's at the very least unique
>>
Only problem I had with this game is that literally every heavy armor is ugly
>>
>>322808361
I loved Xenoblade, but Lost Odyssey was the hottest shit, anon.
>>
>>322809191
Yeah like
I recognize that, but I can't really bring myself to care? It's all well and good if that's really fun for you, more power to you, but I can't lie myself into finding it fun
>>
The music and setting are the only good things about it. And those alone can't carry a game
>>
>>322811335
Literally no one is forcing you to like the game but surely you can see why people do.
>>
>>322809498
I hate that Heavy Armor generally lacks slots and you sacrafice gems and Ether defense for huge Physical defense.

I only ever stuck Reyn in heavy armor since the next best tank is an evade tank who is better naked or with light armor.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.