[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Brothers_A_Tale_of_Two_Sons.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Brothers_A_Tale_of_Two_Sons.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
Just wanted to let you know that this puzzle/adventure game is $1.50 on Amazon right now (activates on Steam).

It requires a controller and around 4 hours of your time; I don't want to inflate your expectation, so just go play it and pass the good deed on this week.
>>
Playing rn
Just got the part where the older brother gets stabbed by the spider
The game is surprisingly gruesome, dark and gory. It's pretty damn entertaining. Am I near the end?
>>
>>322784410

You're near the last leg of the journey, yeah.
>>
>>322784650
Ok. thanks anon. I'll have to finish it today
Is the ending sad?
>>
>>322784064
Is this the one where the older brother dies and the younger brother has to go back to their dad with the antidote?
>>
>>322784064
Supringly a very good game and despite no words it somehow tells a dark story.
>>
>>322784948

Just play it buddy

>>322785117

Faggot
>>
>>322785117
>>322785567
I don't even want to play it now desu. I guess it's my fault for staying in this thread.
>>
File: 1437583659474.gif (112 KB, 512x322) Image search: [Google]
1437583659474.gif
112 KB, 512x322
>>322784064
Not gonna stick around in case of spoilers but thanks for the heads up anon.
>>
>>322784064
>puzzle

haha, yeah walking forward is such a puzzle. There are no puzzles in this game.
>>
>>322784064
fucking shills all over my lawn
>>
>>322785696

I'd say buy it, put it in your library, forget about it, play it in a year when you remember nothing.

>>322785856

Yeah man, I'm definitely a paid shill for a $1.50 three year old game. Not used to seeing anything but shitposts and meems? Here you go:

>>322785847
>>
File: 1443070396820.jpg (732 KB, 933x1185) Image search: [Google]
1443070396820.jpg
732 KB, 933x1185
Can't believe there's a thread about this game. I think it's one of the best story-focused/walking simulator-type games ever made. The amount of unique interactions, the little side-stories, the brothers' mannerisms, the artstyle, it just all comes together perfectly.

Not to mention that beautiful chapter with all the dead giants. Best part of the game by FAR for me. I couldn't believe it when the director didn't even mention it in the commentary track in the PS4 version.

The studio that made it disbanded, but the team moved on to work under EA. They're working on a new game but there isn't much info at all about it. The only thing we have to go off of is a tiny pre-rendered(?) trailer from The Game Awards 2014.
>>
>>322786172
>working under EA
RIP
>>
>>322786474
They said EA isn't watching over them, making creative decisions. It's like that Unravel game. EA's just giving them money.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 619x530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 619x530
le what
>>
>>322786830
The control scheme pretty much only works with a controller. You have to be able to use both sticks and hold both trigger at the same time.
>>
>actually trying to convince people this legitimately bad game is good because it's cheap

also if it took you 4 hours to complete then you're a retard. All you do is walk forward. You don't even need to press a button to climb, it does it automatically. The puzzles are a joke. The story is trite and over done. If you think it's great then read more books, your mind will be blown.

The twin stick gimmick isn't even used well. there is ONE interesting section that uses it well and then you never do anything interesting again.

The game is ugly. Not talking about the artstyle but it's a graphically ugly game. It's an eyesore.

It's one really long and narrow corridor where you just push the sticks forward the entire time. Every once in a while you can "interact" with something like sitting on a bench omg such fun! or pushing a turtle into water which hardly makes up for the bland redundancy of the entire game.

Do yourself a favor and skip this. Or wait for it to be free free.
>>
>>322787995
What's your favorite game anon?
>>
>>322787995

Either you're trolling or you went through this game with the same shitty attitude you have now.

Give me the name of a game you think is good, and on that same note, a good book.
>>
>>322784064
>playing a game
>good deed

Besides, it's literally unplayable without a controller, so fuck it.
>>
>>322788715

reading comprehension, my friend.
>>
>>322788567
It's trolling to disagree with you on the quality of this game? Quite an odd opinion you have there, anon.
>>
>>322789892

No, of course you can disagree with me. The trolling is:

>you're a retard.
>All you do is walk forward.
>If you think it's great then read more books, your mind will be blown.
>The twin stick gimmick isn't even used well

(When that's the entirety of the gameplay)

It's not constructive, it's contrarian and shitty.

Besides, you've yet to tell us a good game. (and book)

but, you got me to respond twice so 7/10 i'm never posting here again
>>
>>322789417
I know you said that it requires a controller, that's the reason I'm not buying it.
>>
>>322784064
>hold the bumpers and walk into the puzzle to solve it
what's the appeal?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.