[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this game worth the $20 or should I just go play Path of Exile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3
File: diablo 3.png (122 KB, 255x354) Image search: [Google]
diablo 3.png
122 KB, 255x354
is this game worth the $20 or should I just go play Path of Exile
>>
>>322783192
RoS fixed LITERALLY everything.
>>
>>322783342
is this game only good for one playthrough or is it something I can play all day daily like world of warcraft
>>
>>322783192
If it comes with reaper of souls, yes.

path of exile is garbage nostalgia shit that retains almost all of the problems present in d2, and d2 did have some serious fucking problems
>>
>>322783192
I like Grim Dawn better.
>>
>>322783192
play path of exile

>>322783342
no
>>
>>322783628
For me its more like a game I can jump back into at any time and dick around for a little bit and feel satisfied. That said if you start a new character and don't have anyone boost you to max level to start gear grinding you can get plenty of time out of your first play-through in leveling alone. Then there is different classes to try and builds to try, it really just depends on how much you like to slaughter lots of shit and how the classes play. If you like or can put up with wow's grind you should have some fun with D3, especially for $20.
>>
Get ROS or don't bother.

>>322783628
It's something you can play all day if you're autistic enough like I am to be content with collecting things and looking to get 0.5% increments on sheet DPS every other day (and soon afterwards, every other week).

On one hand, there's a lot about D3 that was bad and is still bad. On the other hand, there's not too many other games which I am willing to play with normie friends (I don't touch FPS and fighter at all now, for example).

Regardless, if you're not going to get ROS, don't bother.
>>
>>322783342
Didn't fix the shit story and dialogue.
>>
new season when
>>
>>322783342
Really? They changed it back from an item focused end-game only game into a character building focused one?
>>
>>322785020
>Didn't fix the shit story and dialogue.
>playing Diablo for the story and dialogue.
K E K
E
K
>>
>>322785136
10 days. Extra stash space. Reworked sets. Demon hunter 'melee' set.
>>
>>322785136
Season 4 just ended. Not 100% confirmed but next patch should hit January 12.
>>322785020
>>322785173
Are you neo/v/ fags or do you like giving honest responses to memes?
>>
>>322785528
>set
>set
This is why D3 sucks to play. You don't build a character, you build a set.
>>
>>322785528
>>322785621
Is wizzard finally viable?
>>
>>322785653
Diablo 2 was exactly the fucking same. You stuck to a specific build or you rerolled the character.

You used the extremely limited selection of actually good items, or you didn't fucking bother.
>>
>>322785869
Yes and? How is a problem in D3 okay if it was a problem in D2? It should've been fixed you blizzdrone
>>
>>322785772
DMO is currently the top of wizard builds, and I believe it was pretty competitive on the leaderboards.

Firebirds is still light shit on fire and run away like a giggling faggot arsonist.

Tals is still convoluted garbage.

Wizards still have a boatload of awful abilities with fucked proc rates because blizz has decided that having 3-4 'passive' skills on your bar is good, and that wizards absolutely need 3 types of shitty armor spells, stupid fucking familiars and a 'magic weapon' buff, in addition to retardedly awful actual passives. Every class needs some work TBQH.
>>
>>322785772
Sort of. Firebird revamp still looks to be the top spec despite the multiple nerfs, and they took the time to buff Tals and Delseres. Also a good number of their defense abilities are finally ratios and not fixed values (no more flat ~12K damage shield on Diamond Skin for example).

Last I noticed, Wiz is right in the thick with DH and Barb, just a touch above Monk and poor WD remains last as always. I haven't seen quantified repercussions of the thorns nerf on Crusader yet.
>>
>>322785869
Don't bother with revisionist history fags there is no winning. I won't lie and say I didn't prefer the way D2 did character building D3 is still a fine game in its own right. That said I would say the difference between the two is that you build your character more around your gear in D3, where as in D2 it was more your gear around your character.
>>
>>322786290
Not to mention that proc rates have remained fucked since ROS started because CM was removed without having anything else being adjusted for the loss.

Really guys?
>>
>>322785653
They are actually adding options for non set use in 2.4. Ancients items give you a massive buff if you are using a certain set
>>
>>322786081
D3 spent a great deal of time cutting out the unfun bullshit of d2 and making the things that were fun more fun.

Combat in d3 is miles ahead of combat in d2.

Sure you build 'sets', but there's plenty of options up until the endgame, and with the one reworked ring set you get +100% damage for every ancient item you've got equipped as long those rings are the only set you've got going, which allows people to dramatically break the mold. One of the top leaderboard performers was a strafe demon hunter that used the ring set and an assortment of ancient items that buffed what they wanted to do.
>>
>Played U6 Monk last season, which was fun but boring now
>looking at popular Monk builds in 2.4 PTR
>it's U6 again

really now
>>
>>322786776
Static Charge too stronk. Blizz no like.
>>
>>322786391
>D3 is still a fine game in its own right
No its not. Needing an expansion to make it worth playing is unacceptable. D3 was a bungled mess that'll never be redeemed no matter how many band-aids they slap on it. RoS was a step in the right direction, but it was too little too late.

>but there's plenty of options up until the endgame,
And none of them matter because leveling sucks so bad all there is to do in D3 is endgame
>>
it's shit,
and I have the collector's edition
>>
>>322786859
desu I found SC boring as shit, and Shenlong's plus Inna's looks just as boring for similar reasons

I was hoping that new SWK set would be worth a whirl or something.
>>
>>322786776
2.3 monk actually ended with shenlong static charge being the top in terms of damage by an ungodly margin. At least when it wasn't fucking bajillionty hp / second heal monks around.

Both got nerfed quite heavily in 2.4, and raiment dashing strike is still the most unfun jittery garbage in existence but blizz won't listen to people who say "THIS IS AWFUL, PLEASE FUCKING CHANGE IT".

There's some diversity with monk sets due to changes to inna's & SWK, but there's still a lot of improvements needed.
>>
>>322787113
Why can't they just like, make the hitbox on DS wider or something. That's why it's so painful to use
>>
>>322786913
>I'm still upset about the state of the game at launch. NEVAR FORGET NEVAR FORGIVE ANON-E-MOOSE FOREVER!

>all there is to do in D3 is endgame
Yeah, cause diablo 2 was so different. Please tell me how much fun normal/nm/hell baal runs were when you got carried by endless bots.

Please tell me how much fun running MF bots was.

Please tell me how much fun garbage runeword pvp was.

Fuck off nostalgiafag.
>>
>>322787003
Same here.

Also
>Playing yesterday because new season is coming and haven't played since patch 2.1
>The trade chat that I joined have 2 people, one of them being me, the other one is some spam account for some website

Fun game but I don't think it can get more dead than right now.

Second expansion when?
>>
>>322787415
that's because everyone is either playing the PTR or just waiting for the season

D3 really only gets popular for a few months after a season starts or when a new PTR goes live
>>
they're both garbage, D3 is steamlined braindead garbage and PoE is pretend not-steamlined with "customization" that ends with the same few builds every season
>>
Seems like I should really get the expac sometime, right....?
>>
Do you lose your paragon levels on a new season? What the fuck even is a season anyway this shit isn't competitive pvp
>>
>>322786913
>Needing an expansion to make it worth playing is unacceptable
So fucking unbelievably hypocritical it's not funny.

Did you ever play vanilla diablo 2? That shit was absolute garbage. Skills were awful, elite tier items didn't exist, legendary items were all awful, you had to hope for literally fucking perfectly rolled rare items to even have a chance at the game. Necromancers and sorceresses were fucktastically bad.

Lord of Destruction required a huge amount of patches to even get to a state where classes like sorceress and necro were even semi playable without unbelievable amounts of hacked items.

>>322786391 Was 10000000% correct in calling you a revisionist history faglord.
>>
>>322786913
>Needing an expansion to make it worth playing is unacceptable.
>Implying LoD didn't make D2 the game that it was.
Just because you are salty over the admittedly shitty launch that was D3 doesn't make a game that is now fun not fun. A majority of the good changes that made the game playable came out pre RoS (torment levels instead of the autism that was Inferno, paragon levels, nixing the RMAH) and it has only been getting progressivly better.
>leveling sucks so bad all there is to do in D3 is endgame
All D2 was was fucking leveling or while grinding gear. Take off your rose tinted glasses and the dick out your ass for a second and you will see content-wise D2 and D3 are the fucking same. Baal runs ad infinitum or grinding keys for uber tristram is no different than the end-game or level grind of D3, if anything D3 is more varied. Your only real argument is preferring the character development and item economy of D2 which is fair, but don't pretend like the content between the two is fundamentally different.
>>
>>322787398
>Please tell me how much fun normal/nm/hell baal runs were
Plenty, because it wasn't padded by 20 different levels of difficulty, half of which didn't need to exist

>garbage runeworld pvp
Fuck off you underage cunt, anything is better than 'brawling'

Keep sucking that blizzard dick, maybe they'll give you another expansion to make it slightly less shit
>>
>>322783192
You need to choose your build before rolling in PoE. You need specific items that are very rare for a good build in PoE.

You can change build anytime in D3 and use pretty much whatever you want to level with. There are a wide range of useful items at endgame and with Kanai's cube you can find/roll them easily.

If you want artificial difficulty, by all means try PoE, but D3 is very good. Just make sure you get RoS.
>>
>>322787415
>judging D3 health by trade chat
At least try joining public games or do something that other players actually do in D3.

Also this very moment is the dead point between the end of the last season and the start of the new one. It's going to be no deader than this (until three weeks from now once most everyone is done doing what they want to do with S5).
>>
>>322787398
>Used to have a Spear amazon in vanilla D2
>Fuck shit left and right with her
>Expansion happens
>My she was barely able to kill thing in act 2 and completely nonviable by act 3

Yeah, D2 also had troubles
>>
>>322787676
Not worth without it.
>>
>>322785653
New item in the coming season gives a huge % bonus to damage for every non set item you wear.
>>
>>322787676
There is literally no reason to play D3 without it
>>
>>322787750
Seasons = Diablo 2 'ladders' but with better tracking.

At the end of every season, your seasonal characters are converted to non-seasonal characters, your total paragon experience is added together from season & nonseason to figure out new paragons, your seasonal stash gets mailed to you and there's a short period before the new season starts.

Seasons often reward some simple cosmetic shit, some account points and are generally done for the ladder and the fun of 'restarting' from scratch.
>>
>>322787972
>Blizzard creates a way for players to not use sets
>it's a set
>>
I've played a lot of diablo clones.

This is going to sound trullzy but it's the truth.

Diablo 3 has the best skill system in the history of the genre. In fact it redeems all the rest of the game's flaws and is the only reason the game is worth playing.

But to understand this you must change your approach. You need to treat d3 like it's not an rpg, treat it more like it's an action game, pick some abilities have fun with them, don't worry about having the 'best' set up, once you get bored with that pick different abilities. Try to find uses for the weirder stuff like the ranged barbarian skills.

Don't treat it like it's something where you play one character for 2,000 hours, treat it like an arcade where you play it once beat it. Than start over. Play it on and off rather than devoting an entire summer to it.

If you play it like this than diablo 3 is a great game.
>>
>>322787948
welp

>>322788012
not playing it without it, but being a cheapass uni student makes getting the expac a bit harder
>>
>>322787972
Yeah like 2 items. You hate all the other ring sets too?
>>
really shitty lag on the americas as of the last two months or so
>>
>>322787847
>underage cunt
Lol, I'm 29 kiddo, I played diablo 1 when it first came out. I've been on 4chan since it still had guro and loli boards.

>anything is better than 'brawling'
No one brawls, everyone realises it's fucking pointless and that diablo is a pve game. At least people have the balls to admit this rather than pretend that pvp is actually interesting or even remotely 'balanceable' like in d2.

But hey, d2 was the holy grail of gaming and had absolutely no flaws at all ever right?

>maybe they'll give you another expansion
They've already said they plan on another d3 expansion. And yeah, I'll fucking buy it too, because d3 is a good and fun pve action game.
>>
>>322788126
If it was just a unique item you'd probably still bitch. It should be an option in the menu - No wait, you'd still bitch about that.
>>
>>322789391
If you can't see the irony in that then you're well and truly a blind drone
>>
>>322789662
>options are bad and I'm going to throw a tantrum because of small aesthetic shit.

Yeah, it's ironic. Is it worth crying over? No.
>>
>>322789953
>Is it worth crying over? No.
Then why did you?

>>322789391
>>
>>322786356
Thorns nerf? Thorns literally did nothing for most of the expansion. I'm actually not even sure if they fixed it yet. It was a known bug that was never fixed...
>>
>>322783192
don't support blizzard.

play path of exile for free
>>
>>322790918
They made invokers a proper thorns oriented set now, rather than just a shitty gimmick.
>>
>>322785291
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I22Ivb8ELzQ
>>
>>322791112
poe is shit though
>>
>>322791685
But anon, it's not about having fun it's about not supporting jews.
>>
>>322791825
but I like pretzels and bagels.
>>
>>322791353
It's Crusader only too, which actually was the original intention of it.
>>
I dont know if theses are redeemed, you can try em. Sorry if they dont work.
Abyss Odyssey
4V7TZ-KWAB4-HEBVM

Contagion
AXHZV-ZLD0B-6QV2M
BW5B0-K4BFV-ZY0H2
>>
File: diablo reactions.png (1 MB, 2096x1036) Image search: [Google]
diablo reactions.png
1 MB, 2096x1036
>>
>>322793763
D1's reaction should be the hand of God one

shit's amazing even today
>>
>>322783192
grim dawn
>>
Does anyone know if I should bother with the steam keys anymore?
>>
>>322783192
>PoE

great graphics, but that's all it has, everything else is boring shit.

>spell explodes into zombie
>zombie slowly drops to the ground like it fainted

jesus fucking christ

at least diablo 3 has fun and flowing physics

>>322794406
never played it but would like to, problem is that every gameplay i see of it looks like exactly the same character and same build, also guns are kinda hurr durr
>>
>>322794831
>every gameplay i see of it looks like exactly the same character and same build
And what build would that be?
>>
>>322793763
>Diablo with a controller
>>
>>322783192
My vote is get it, game was shit at launch but with the expansion it's so much better. It has room for improvement, sure, but it's great.

Alternatively you should pirate them both to see which you like more and then just buy the one you like and delete the one you don't, that way you don't risk losing out.

Remember kids: Pirate to try, not pirate instead of buy.
>>
>>322796071
Diablo 1 and 3 are in consoles
>>
File: 1358238619168.jpg (519 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1358238619168.jpg
519 KB, 1600x1200
>>322783192
you might like PoE but seriously, i played in beta and beyond, and i just cant get hooked by it. The visuals are pretty ok but theres something about the combat that is just, stiff.. and whilst the builds are varied and shit you have to be really fucking committed to create something viable and original, and i just cant be fucked with poe
And with D3 i have hundreds of hours in it.
The game is good to just jump in and melt a few hours away
or like
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.