[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played mgs before but ended up with this after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
I've never played mgs before but ended up with this after getting a ps3 and I started mgs3 first what order is it recomended to play these three is it thr way the game lays it out on the select screen
>>
Play MGS, then MGS2 then MGS3, then pretend Peace Walker isn't included on the disc.
>>
>>322782084
Just play 2, it's all you need to ever play in the mgs series
>>
release order
>>
>>322782084
Play 3 first, then 2, skip Peace Wanker.
>>
I have a better idea. Put it into the fucking trash. Knowing that the whole series is leading up to that absolute shitfest known as Phantom Pain, I wish I never played this shit. It's not worth it. Phantom Pain is so shit it retroactively made the whole series trash.
>>
Release order.
>>
Release order. The fucking answer is always release order.
>>
>>322782084
RELEASE ORDER, motherfucker.

1-2-3-4-PW-GZ-TPP

Get MGS1 and 4 from PSN Store, and play MGS1 first!
Read up the summaries of MG1 and 2 from the main menu, and watch the briefing files.
>>
>>322782084
2>3>PW
>>
File: The Order to play MGS games.jpg (2 MB, 2398x3442) Image search: [Google]
The Order to play MGS games.jpg
2 MB, 2398x3442
>>322782084
Why the hell did you not get the LEGACY Collection? It has the whole series!

And like said a billion times: release order.
Stop what ever you're doing right now, and play MGS1 first. No exceptions.

Ignore MGS2-fangirls and PW haters.
>>
MGS2, MGS3, then Peace Walker. Better understanding of the story and gameplay gradually improves.

Play MGS if you have any chance.
>>
2 -> 3

that's it

also enjoy knowing nothing because you're too retarded to play MGS1
>>
>>322782480
I played 1 when it was new, thought it was god's gift to consoles, and followed the series from then on, and yet I don't feel this way. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>322782253
Peace walker is good bro.
>>
File: how to get to MGS series.jpg (1 MB, 3550x600) Image search: [Google]
how to get to MGS series.jpg
1 MB, 3550x600
>>322782084
You'll be horribly lost if you do not play the games in the order they came out. You're doing a big mistake if you play them out of order.
MGS1 is available on PSN Store for few bucks, and can be easily emulated on PC too.
...yeah, there's that PC port too, but it's kinda shitty.
>>
>>322782869
You're lying. Either some 13 year old kid who got into the series with GZ or some mindless Kojima drone. Phantom Pain is an insult to the series.
>>
>>322782084
prefered way is chronological order
>>
>>322782957
This. What the fuck's everyone's problem with it?
I put a good 350 hours to it on PS3. FAR better "mgs5" than Phantom Pain.

>>322783065
No, it is not. Release order, or GTFO.
>>
>>322782084
release order you frickin' faggot
>>
>>322783065
Absolutely not.
>>
File: metal gear solid saga1.jpg (896 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
metal gear solid saga1.jpg
896 KB, 1920x1080
>>322782084
>what order is it recomended to play these
(MG1 -> MG2:SS ->) MGS1 -> MGS2 -> MGS3 -> MGS4 -> MGS:PW -> Ground Zeroes -> Phantom Pain.

You especially simply cannot play MGS2 without playing MGS1 first, and you miss a ton of references and jokes in ALL of them if you skip the original game.
>>
Release order, because new gameplay mechanics get added each time.
>>
>>322783325
>You especially simply cannot play MGS2 without playing MGS1 first
but I did
MGS1 looks like ass anyway
>>
>>322783109

>peace walker
>not shit

the last boss is a joke but no, you were like noooo mai kawaii annie may wafiu!!!!
>>
>>322783432
This. Also obviously the visuals will improve with each title as well. GL trying to adapt the jumpy visual and gameplay quality if you play them randomly.

>>322783550
>MGS1 looks like ass anyway
And here comes the graphics fags.

>>322783552
Fuck of. PW is one of the best MGS games, ever.
>>
>>322783550
kill yourself
>>
>>322783065
Release order with Peace Walker before MGS4 is better.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.