[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the best Gamecube Controller alternative for Wii U?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: controllers.png (463 KB, 1226x560) Image search: [Google]
controllers.png
463 KB, 1226x560
Since in Project M, you can't use the Gamecube Controller on Wii U with the Gamecube Adapter, which is the best Gamecube controller alternative for Wii U?

1) Wired Fight Pad
2) Hori Battle Pad
3) Mayflash Gamecube Adapter
>>
All the WiiU controllers are cheap shit and connect to the WiiMote
Get a proper GC controller and an adapter
>>
The Official Gamecube Adapter for Wii U is software specific, you can't use it on Wii games, this was only meant for Smash 4, what assholes, make it Wii mode compatible.
>>
Play a better smash game
>>
The Hori Battle Pad looks and feels like a Gamecube Controller, buttons, shape, everything.
>>
>>322781990
The triggers aren't analog and I haven't tried it but chances are it lacks rumble since it connects to the wiimote anyways
>>
Does Debug Mode in PM be activated with Gamecube adapter for Wiimote or Classic Controller?
>>
I've got the one in the middle, I think it's the Hori one? I don't remember. Mine's Luigi colored because it was five dollars cheaper for some reason. That detail doesn't matter but I did think it was funny so I included it.

Anyway, I like it. I don't use it for Smash though, I have the wired adapter. The quality of the controller feels super solid, not like it'll break or go bad any time soon. I like to use it for Mario Kart.

I guess you might like it for playing Project M on a Wii U? I don't know why you'd do that, though. The Wii U re-sets the Virtual Wii software every time you restart it, so you have to re-jailbreak it every time you want to play Project M. Just go buy a real Wii and mod that, you can get Wiis for less than 50 bucks and jailbreak them in ten minutes.
>>
>>322783294
I like to play Project M on a Wii U because it has HDMI output unlike the Wii, it can be played on hackless. HDMI is better.
>>
>>322783604
Playing Project M in 480p on an HDTV is better than playing it on a lagless CRT on a modded system that doesn't even require you to own the disk?
>>
There are lagless Gaming monitors, those are HD too and better than CRT
>>
>>322783941
There is not a monitor that has less lag than a CRT that isn't also a CRT.
>b-but look at my 1ms monitor
"1ms" almost definitely is referring to response time, which, guess what, is not related to input lag.
>>
Good news: Project M Greg Edition is released! Is like Patt Edition, but with new skins, stages and more! check it out.
>>
File: 118FI5oLlGL.jpg (3 KB, 200x154) Image search: [Google]
118FI5oLlGL.jpg
3 KB, 200x154
>>322783726
>>322783604
http://www.amazon.com/Sewell-Wii-HDMI-Converter-480p/dp/B0072JP56G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452024055&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+sewell+hdmi+adapter
>>
File: 518yOx4UF7L.jpg (60 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
518yOx4UF7L.jpg
60 KB, 350x500
I can't believe the gamecube adapter won't even work on this or VC games.
>>
>>322781541
>gamecube controller

laughing_tom_cruise.jpg
>>
>>322784696
You can use the Gamecube Controller on VC games unless you're using the Mayflash Wiimote Adapter, it will be recognized as a Classic Controller, oh well.
>>
>>322784587
forgot to add
Playing this on a gaming monitor is pretty great

Although you MIGHT want to find a 1080p model for an HDTV, because that TV might take longer to upscale to 1080p than an adapter would.
purely theoretical
>>
>>322784587
All this does is component aka 480p, it doesn't magically upscale the Wii's output to 1080p, so don't get this if that's what you're expecting. If you just want to use HDMI cable its fine for that.
>>
>>322781720
You're a dumbass
>>
>>322784523
PM Greg Edition is as good as Smash Bros Legacy M and is based on 3.6.
>>
Why not by the Wii u pro controller?
>>
>>322781541
Mayflash, the hori shit isn't comfortable I have the middle one
>>
>>322784898
What made up shit is this

>>322785049
I am aware that it is only 480p.
So is the WiiU when running in Wii mode.
The point is that it is HDMI and not Component, which is good because
>hdmi is digital
>lots of newer stuff doesn't take composite or component (such as gaming monitors)

The HDMI adapter lets you use the Wii on a gaming monitor.
>>
File: 1438111647648.jpg (322 KB, 449x449) Image search: [Google]
1438111647648.jpg
322 KB, 449x449
The real best option is to play it on Dolphin. Superior everything.
>>
>>322781720
>I don't know how to read
>>
>>322781541
the fucking classic controller pro. No shitty plunger triggers makes things a lot easier.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.