[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know anything about the next Red Dead Redemption?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: rdr.png (596 KB, 638x621) Image search: [Google]
rdr.png
596 KB, 638x621
Does anyone know anything about the next Red Dead Redemption? Rumours or otherwise
>>
yes my dad works for rockstar and he said the new RDR game is being announced next week
>>
>>322781059
>the next Red Dead Redemption
Undead Nightmare has been out for ages. You should check it out.
>>
>>322781610
*the next instalment in the Red Dead franchise, mr meme man
>>
>>322781874
In that case no. E3 2016 ;)
>>
My workmate keeps trying to convince me that it's been announced and is definitely coming out this year. I don't have the heart to tell him he's full of shit.
>>
Red Dead Resurrection confirmed, Undead Nightmare was canon
>>
Wouldn't it need to take place earlier than RDR?
>>
>>322782580
either a prequel or an entirely new setting
>>
I would like a Prequel about how him and his gang got together just because I don't wanna play as jack
>>
>>322783161
Both Red Dead games took place in different times with different leads. It's very unlikely they'll be following the story of Redemption in any way outside of some tiny references.
>>
like GTAV you will need to be online for the game to launch
>>
File: b_fraser.jpg (13 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
b_fraser.jpg
13 KB, 214x317
>>322783351
Well at the end of RD Redemption, when you play as Jack, it's already 1915. Redemption was about the death of the "Wild West" so there's really no point in having any game set after it.

If, and that's a big if, Rockstar comes out with another Red Dead game, it'll be set earlier. I could see it being about a different person, with maybe some easter eggs referring to John or Dutch's gang.

The low hanging fruit would be a game about a younger John and his time with the gang, but you are right that Revolver and Redemption covered totally different stories so it's likely the next RD game will be about someone new.
>>
I've never gotten past Mexico in RDR, I have a save just after finishing Mexico's story, should I pick it back up and finish Tall Trees?
>>
>>322783943
I have fond memories of going to tall trees with my friends and trying to gang punch bears to death.
>>
They should make it about the 60's biker counterculture. You play as Jack's grandson and you come back from the Korean war.
>>
>>322782167
Rockstar never have and never will do E3 they do their own publicity
>>
>>322784190
horses>motorbikes
would be a good game but might as well not even call it red dead if it strayed that far.
>>
>>322783765
>that's a big if

Red dead sold extremely well, another one is inevitable
>>
>>322783765
Wait! Irl was the West of America really like that In the early 1900's? I though the wild west was in the mid to late 1800's.
>>
>>322782941
There aren't many opportunities for a gunfighter in America post ww1.
>>
Should the next game be set in the 60's, around Nam and hippies?
>>
>>322786130
would be cool, but both games revolve around the western setting so I don't see why that should change
>>
>>322784590
The West was never like it appears in Spaghetti Westerns at any time period, you child. That's like asking if L.A. is actually like Los Santos in GTAV
>>
some asshole posted this online, sounds like a bunch of bullshit though

"The two “main” characters are Irish and Seth. Irish will be brought up in Ireland and will move to the Americas when he is fifteen and moves to the game setting when he turns twenty one. Seth is from Kansas City and works as a teller in a bank. He then hears of a treasure and uses his life savings to bring his family to Texas in the town of Tumbleweed. Throughout the story we experience him unraveling to his state of mind in the original game, losing his wife, children, home, and possessions to his treasure.
The third person is a character you create similar to multiplayer in GTA V. You choose his clothes and horse. Although you can unlock outfits for Seth and Irish, the third person (Who you name) can acquire all different kinds of Western tops, bottoms, boots, gloves, and hats.
Horses will also bring completely new customization to the game. You can choose there type/breed like the last game, but now you can also choose what saddle they have (with their own boosts and stats), storage, and paint.
You can also buy your own safe house and customize it.
Also, all of this carries over into multiplayer."

http://wccftech.com/red-dead-redemption-2-unveiled-e3-ps4-xbox-pc-details-leaked/#ixzz3wP4vkKZS
>>
>>322787083
Holy hell thats the fakest worst shit Ive ever heard
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.