[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this revive WoW or will it be the final nail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 400x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 400x319
Will this revive WoW or will it be the final nail?
>>
>>322780268
they're simplifying it a lot, questing/lore is basically single player mode now, they know that they fucked up with WoD so this HAS to be better.
>>
File: 1446919238510.jpg (157 KB, 1024x376) Image search: [Google]
1446919238510.jpg
157 KB, 1024x376
>>322780268
>>
>>322780268
classic private servers revived WoW when blizzard killed it.
>>
>>322780268

WoW has been dying since KOTLK. It's like it has a cancer giving it a slow and painfully death. It's a 10 years old game, nothing blizzard does can save it. It's just the natural order.
>>
How long has WoW been dying now, 8 years? 9?
>>
>>322781152
Stop posting this stupid fucking meme.
>>
>>322781945

in a world where the majority of people have no taste it is pretty hard for something like WoW to die.

But yes, from a fun, endearing gameplay perspective it's dead.
>>
>>322781945

according to this graph the answer is 5 years, since the end of 2010
>>
revival

problems of WoD that are getting fixed:
>no longer have to sit around in garrisons
>your follows only unlock quests for you instead of doing everything
>useless 5 man dungeons now present an interesting alternative to raiding via keystones
>atrocious apexis dailies getting replaced by a system that makes sure you will always have something to do
>zone scaling
>classes get overhauls that sound very good so far
>artifact weapons make further customization possible
>lore that actually matters instead of timetravelling garbage
>>
>>322782356

I forgot link

http://www.statista.com/statistics/276601/number-of-world-of-warcraft-subscribers-by-quarter/
>>
>>322782457
>artifact weapons make further customization possible

Yeah no. I wanted to punch shit with my fist weapons on enhancement shaman or using one handed axes on combat rogues.

but no, you're the chosen one and you have to use the doomhammer
>>
>>322782735
transmog
>>
>>322780898
They know that they fucked up
Do they though
They fucked up with along time ago
>>
>>322782457

>Lore actually matters

Blizzard made the legion "beyond" time in such a terrible way it's not become the worst thing in WoW lore.
>>
>>322782010
>S-stop saying bad things about my game

Fucking Blizzdrones, you are the cancer of the industry.
>>
File: WoW during Legion.jpg (128 KB, 333x810) Image search: [Google]
WoW during Legion.jpg
128 KB, 333x810
>>322782457
>>
>>322782457
forgot some things

>new pvp system
>wardrobe
>new melee animations
>emerald nightmare
>>
>>322782457
Most of these are mentioned with every. single. expac.

The game is too far gone to repair.

I swear, give it another year and they'll be talking about rebalancing again to make 5 mans relevant again.
>>
>>322782282
The gameplay is still good, it's the content that's trash.
>>
I miss having talent trees. Doesn't matter that most people had the same builds, getting a point every level felt nice.
>>
>>322782457
>instead you sit around in your faction hall all day
>"only", keep believing
>Lets farm the same 5man dungeons over and over and over and over again
>Something to do, like, farming RNG random class breaking legendary drops and daily quests are exactly the same, except now visible on the map
>zone scaling is cool
>We don't even know if the overhauls are good or not, they're butchering everything away from classes and DH is a vanilla wow combat rogue with press one x3 then press 2
>Artifact customizations are pretty cool, but its going to be legendary ring all over again with the endless farm of slight increases
>Lore that actually matters, well, yea, the story seems to be taking a good turn
>>
>>322783725
it's worse now. A lot of the abilities were pruned, and passives were rolled into your spec, so now the spellbook looks completely empty
>>
The only thing I'm actually excited about it class-specific areas and the new PVP shit.

But after 10 years of shitting on my PVP mini game I'm not holding out hope.
>>
>>322783725
>>322783882
At least they are splitting pvp/pve a bit more. Wonder how many man hours were spent trying to make that consisently work when they tweaked things for PvE.

Levelling system for PvP looks trash though.
>>
>>322783725
Fucking this, all they had to do was give you more room for catering a class to your own tastes through this tree system instead of the fucking aids one we got.
>>
>>322783882

Why does the amount of shit in the spellbook matter in the slightest?
>>
>>322782010
its not a meme if its true fagling
>>
>>322780268

Prove you're not ActiBlizz marketer shiller with your
"WoW saved"
"Legion gonan save wow"
"it will be the best xpac wow ever had"
Spaming it on daily basis
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.